ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I updated to v1.1 (latest) last week, and while I only did a couple missions, I am now getting constant crashes, to the point where I can't even finish a mission without it crashing. Even worse, I cannot progress any further into the game anymore.

I'm stuck at the mission that opens up the 2nd island, right after leaving the two ladies on shore, and right after I get the Mission Passed message with the $20'000, it crashes seconds after, not even giving me enough time to drive off to the safe house.

It happened 3 consecutive times, and I tried closing it all and loading it again, same behaviour.

Atarian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone experiencing problems using imported save games from a pc copy? I was hoping to continue my progress using my old save. It loads on my pc just fine, but crashes the switch port. I tested a save game that was posted in this thread and that works. Not quite sure what to do.

I've tried deleting the gta3.set file from the userfiles directory since that was suggested on a lot of forums for problems loading a save file on the pc, but that didn't help on my switch.

Last edited by Atarian,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia

GUAC_M0SH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having issues with this crashing right before it finishes loading to new game. Can anyone please assist me? I am able to access menu but it crashes after some time, and even when starting new game. I have replaced all the files multiple times and ensured that I have latest. Please help, I would love to play this.

Atarian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked in the re3 discord about my save import issue. The problem arises because the original game is 32bit, and the switch port is 64bit. The values stored in the save are at different addresses. I've been trying to edit a fresh save from the switch port to match my pc save, but I'm having very limited success.

Luckily some existing gta3 save file editors are somewhat compatible with the new saves. I can edit my weapons/ammo/cash. Unfortunately, I can't edit the number of complete missions, or unlock Staunton Island.

I was hoping I could use 010 Editor with the GTA save format template as detailed in this article, but making any changes to the file results in a corrupted save.

As far as I can tell from trying to do this for the past few days, I need to edit the current level variable, the coordinates, number of attempted and completed missions, max wanted level, the zone, and probably a few more I'm missing. Anyone have any ideas?

Atarian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a save from either right when you get to Staunton Island or right after Paparazzi Purge (a few missions into the island). If so, could you upload it please? Thanks!

Last edited by Atarian,

omniSightSeeing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Graber Hi I just wanted to say I love this GTA3 port to switch! It's been decades since I played through this masterpiece and I am surprised how much it holds up all these years later! It's fun to play it on Switch in handheld mode, being able to pick up and play throughout the day and do a few missions before bed.

I do have to say though that I have only been able to get Version 1.0 to work properly enough for a playthrough. Every newer version I've tried to set up runs great at first but they all seem to contain a freezing glitch.. From what I see it seems that the game never properly loads when you travel to another island.. I noticed you mentioned making some improvements to speed up the load times but I never seem to get any sort of loading screen or load time at all when I go from Portland -> Stauton Island, Stauton Island -> Shoreside Vale, etc. etc. and vice versa.

What seems to happen is since the next island never loads, once you go deep enough into it, it eventually 'freezes'. Some of the outer edges of the island seem to work ok as those must load to some degree while on the other island, but once youve gone far enough from the 'coast' is when I notice the game seems to lock up every time. I don't have a full understanding of what's going on under the hood but this is my best estimation as to what's happening through testing. Every individual island works ok if you load a save file that starts from that hideout but switching islands always results in a lockup.

I have seen others in this thread mention the same thing (encountering freezes on updated version(s)) but maybe not as specifically, but this appears to be what the issue is from my testing. It seems the newer version do have a lot of improvements and generally run smoother, so it would be really nice to be able to play through the game with these improvements and not encounter the lockups!! Thanks for your work on this project so far but if you could look into this issue it would be greatly appreciated!!! <3

sakis25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place