TamarindoJuice GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    -----

Last edited by TamarindoJuice, Dec 4, 2020
    Digi_Ohhh likes this.
  4. th3joker

th3joker GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What did i miss? Is the vice city port making any progress?

5. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 QVID PRO QVO
    Developer

Mexico
    I updated to v1.1 (latest) last week, and while I only did a couple missions, I am now getting constant crashes, to the point where I can't even finish a mission without it crashing. Even worse, I cannot progress any further into the game anymore.

I'm stuck at the mission that opens up the 2nd island, right after leaving the two ladies on shore, and right after I get the Mission Passed message with the $20'000, it crashes seconds after, not even giving me enough time to drive off to the safe house.

It happened 3 consecutive times, and I tried closing it all and loading it again, same behaviour.

6. CTPEJIOK22

CTPEJIOK22 Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    great port

7. Atarian

Atarian Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone experiencing problems using imported save games from a pc copy? I was hoping to continue my progress using my old save. It loads on my pc just fine, but crashes the switch port. I tested a save game that was posted in this thread and that works. Not quite sure what to do.

I've tried deleting the gta3.set file from the userfiles directory since that was suggested on a lot of forums for problems loading a save file on the pc, but that didn't help on my switch.

Last edited by Atarian, Dec 31, 2020
  8. GUAC_M0SH

GUAC_M0SH Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Atmosphere crashes when I try to start the game. I even tried holding down R and selecting but no luck.

9. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Addict

Australia

10. GUAC_M0SH

GUAC_M0SH Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I am having issues with this crashing right before it finishes loading to new game. Can anyone please assist me? I am able to access menu but it crashes after some time, and even when starting new game. I have replaced all the files multiple times and ensured that I have latest. Please help, I would love to play this.

11. Atarian

Atarian Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I asked in the re3 discord about my save import issue. The problem arises because the original game is 32bit, and the switch port is 64bit. The values stored in the save are at different addresses. I've been trying to edit a fresh save from the switch port to match my pc save, but I'm having very limited success.

Luckily some existing gta3 save file editors are somewhat compatible with the new saves. I can edit my weapons/ammo/cash. Unfortunately, I can't edit the number of complete missions, or unlock Staunton Island.

I was hoping I could use 010 Editor with the GTA save format template as detailed in this article, but making any changes to the file results in a corrupted save.

As far as I can tell from trying to do this for the past few days, I need to edit the current level variable, the coordinates, number of attempted and completed missions, max wanted level, the zone, and probably a few more I'm missing. Anyone have any ideas?

12. DS92

DS92 Newbie
    Newcomer

Georgia
    i tired this and followed the guide and i get a black screen when launching by homebrew menu.

13. DS92

DS92 Newbie
    Newcomer

Georgia
    i got it to work, is there a way to turn motion blur off?

14. Atarian

Atarian Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone have a save from either right when you get to Staunton Island or right after Paparazzi Purge (a few missions into the island). If so, could you upload it please? Thanks!

Last edited by Atarian, Jan 11, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - engineered, Nintendo, Reverse