Homebrew [Re-release] BootCtr - A simple boot manager for 3DS

code640

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You will have to change the "L" config on the bootctr to another button, because its the default key of rxTools to acess its configurations, and I believe you cant change the rxTools Button.
That is why you have to press "A" then "Y" to boot rxToos.
Yeah, that was the issue. I had to change the trigger button to type1:R from the app MenuHax.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Probably, not tested though (not for me at least).
This is what I was looking to find out:
Not being dependant on the Menuhax trigger button. So have a unique trigger button set altogether.
Example:
- If I hold R (no matter how long), MenuHax appears.
- If I hold L (no matter how long), rxTools appears (UI)
- If I hold the Left arrow key (no matter how long), rxTools appears (straight into Emunand)
- If I hold the Right arrow key (no matter how long), Pasta CFW loads up.
Do you think that will ever be possible?
For BootCTR to boot with ONLY the trigger button specified (not reliant on the Menuhax trigger button).

Last edited by code640,

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
New release: v1.2

The only news is compatibility with ctrulib 1.0, so this should make it easier to build with the newer versions of devkitARM.

Thanks to the new version of ctrulib, binary size is reduced by quite a large size in this release: from 305KB to 185KB. Nice.

MacGab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
New release: v1.2

The only news is compatibility with ctrulib 1.0, so this should make it easier to build with the newer versions of devkitARM.

Thanks to the new version of ctrulib, binary size is reduced by quite a large size in this release: from 305KB to 185KB. Nice.
I have some problems with this version. The thing is that I'm unable to run Cakes.dat.
Here's my config file: http://pastebin.com/raw/z60fkaEV I'm on 9.0E N3DS.

Last edited by MacGab,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
You could try Change cake.dat to the cakes 3dsx on config and copy the cakes.3dsx to the root of your sd card and see if it will boot maybe a bug if the old version worked fine

Last edited by Columbo2811,

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I have some problems with this version. The thing is that I'm unable to run Cakes.dat.
Here's my config file: http://pastebin.com/raw/z60fkaEV I'm on 9.0E N3DS.

Remove offset, delay and playload, they are there only for special purposes.

I can run Cakes.dat without problem in this release, however I am using a pretty old Cakes (release 99 I think).

MacGab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Remove offset, delay and playload, they are there only for special purposes.

I can run Cakes.dat without problem in this release, however I am using a pretty old Cakes (release 99 I think).
I modified boot_config.ini file, but it still gives me black screens. Maybe it's something with CakesFW, I'm using the latest 102 release.
Your previous release works fine on my machine and as @Columbo2811 said, it's still possible to use .3dsx version, so there's no need to worry. ;)

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Love it !

Here's my config :

DEFAULT : RxTools
R = HBL
L = CtrBootManager (for the Menu and if I need a fast homebrew)

Thanks for your work !

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I modified boot_config.ini file, but it still gives me black screens. Maybe it's something with CakesFW, I'm using the latest 102 release.
Your previous release works fine on my machine and as @Columbo2811 said, it's still possible to use .3dsx version, so there's no need to worry. ;)
Just FYI, I updated my CakesFW to the 102 release, it is still working. For reference, this is my boot_config.ini:

Code:
[DEFAULT]
path = /rxTools/sys/code.bin

[KEY_A]
path = /Cakes.dat

[KEY_X]
path = /3ds/rxTools/rxtools.3dsx

[KEY_Y]
path = /3ds/Cakes/Cakes.3dsx

[KEY_R]
path = /boot_hb.3dsx
delay = 0

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI, I updated my CakesFW to the 102 release, it is still working. For reference, this is my boot_config.ini:

Code:
[DEFAULT]
path = /rxTools/sys/code.bin

[KEY_A]
path = /Cakes.dat

[KEY_X]
path = /3ds/rxTools/rxtools.3dsx

[KEY_Y]
path = /3ds/Cakes/Cakes.3dsx

[KEY_R]
path = /boot_hb.3dsx
delay = 0
Been using your version of "Emergency Boot Launcher" since you branched off of Mashers original post.

But haven't used a different version since before you started your own Thread.

Looking at the new config, With the offset and whatnot being new. Should I use it as the config calls for since I use RxTools?

Code:
{Default}
path = /rxtools/sys/code.bin
delay = 100
offset = 0x12000
payload = 1

{KEY_R}
path = /boot_1.3dsx

{ this equals [

Last edited by Xenosaiga, , Reason: fixed code

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Been using your version of "Emergency Boot Launcher" since you branched off of Mashers original post.

But haven't used a different version since before you started your own Thread.

Looking at the new config, With the offset and whatnot being new. Should I use it as the config calls for since I use RxTools?

Code:
{Default}
path = /rxtools/sys/code.bin
delay = 100
offset = 0x12000
payload = 1

{KEY_R}
path = /boot_1.3dsx

{ this equals [

This is something that seems to confuse people: you don't need to set delay, payload or offset options, they only exist for special purposes only.

In your case, it wouldn't make any difference, since this is exactly what BootCtr would do without any of those options.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is something that seems to confuse people: you don't need to set delay, payload or offset options, they only exist for special purposes only.

In your case, it wouldn't make any difference, since this is exactly what BootCtr would do without any of those options.
I thought so. I know I never had any issue loading up Gridlauncher using this. But since it will be my first time using it for launching EmuNAND I just wanted to make sure. Cheers!

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I thought so. I know I never had any issue loading up Gridlauncher using this. But since it will be my first time using it for launching EmuNAND I just wanted to make sure. Cheers!

Well, this is partly my fault too. I didn't say this initially, so people who read the documentation before version v1.1 was confused with the number of options available, thinking maybe they should set everything.

BootCtr was always made thinking that everything should have sane defaults, you only would need to change something in special cases (that I don't even know if they really exist).

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is partly my fault too. I didn't say this initially, so people who read the documentation before version v1.1 was confused with the number of options available, thinking maybe they should set everything.

BootCtr was always made thinking that everything should have sane defaults, you only would need to change something in special cases (that I don't even know if they really exist).
So basically just a "Hard" setting for if there is some sort of weird issue.

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
No issues here with the latest update and booting into CFW. This one is quite a bit leaner than the other boot manager and seems better from my experiences with it. Thanks ^_^

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a way to make this screen come
Up my config is

Default Grid launcher
L Smea
R modified Smea
B FBI

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 315

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu