Homebrew [Re-release] BootCtr - A simple boot manager for 3DS

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just to be clear, can someone explain to me what are the pro/cons of this one against CtrBootManager?
This has no GUI, it autoboots whatever you choose as default, while for booting something else you hold down a button while booting, for example you can set rxtools as default to autoboot, hold B to boot decrypt9 and so...

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This has no GUI, it autoboots whatever you choose as default, while for booting something else you hold down a button while booting, for example you can set rxtools as default to autoboot, hold B to boot decrypt9 and so...
Does this have better boot rate than CtrBootManager?

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Does the 1.1 release solves the random black bottom screen issue in rxtools (while booting the menu)?
Thanks

Maybe, however i think this is a problem with rxTools itself (so you may try to update it to the lastest nightly too).

Does this have better boot rate than CtrBootManager?

Should be the same, however it may have a better boot rate if CtrBootManager did not update the CakeBrah code (however, you should ask @cpasjuste and not me).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Since someone remembered me, I posted the final version of BootCtr v1.1 in OP. There is basically no change between the pre-release, so if you're using the pre-release there is not need to update.

Enjoy.

Reactions: omegart

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe, however i think this is a problem with rxTools itself (so you may try to update it to the lastest nightly too).
It's an RxTools problem, and I recommend to stay on 02-10 nigthly if you are on n3ds, it's the best one right now.

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know it's a stupid question but, on the OP, it said that i can load ".dat" files.
Can i load gateway's launcher.dat with this?

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can boot cake and rxtools fine, but I have problem booting into homebrew browser. Someone have the same problem?

Last edited by omegart,

code640

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've installed menuhax and therefore the boot trigger only occurs when I hold L.
- If I set the config for homebrew launcher to R. I will have to start up with L and then switch to R. I can't just set it so it boots directly holding R.

Hence this is what I did:
- If I just hold L and let go as soon as the grey screen appears, I will boot into HBL.
- If I keep holding L for the entire time, I will boot into rxtools.

P.S:
Loading the code.bin file from the rx tools sys folder isn't really good. As you have to press A and then press Y (load into emunand).
Whereas rxtools from the homebrew always works instantly.

So, does anybody know how to boot up rxtools instantly into EmuNand?

Last edited by code640,

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I've installed menuhax and therefore the boot trigger only occurs when I hold L.
- If I set the config for homebrew launcher to R. I will have to start up with L and then switch to R. I can't just set it so it boots directly holding R.

- If I just hold L and let go as soon as the grey screen appears, I will boot into HBL.

P.S:
Loading the code.bin file from the rx tools sys folder isn't really good. As you have to press A and then press Y (load into emunand).

Recent versions of RxTools should automatically boot in emuNAND unless you press R key. So I don't understand why you're pressing A and Y to archieve the same thing.

Maybe you disabled the autobooting of RxTools in the settings?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Recent versions of RxTools should automatically boot in emuNAND unless you press R key. So I don't understand why you're pressing A and Y to archieve the same thing.

Maybe you disabled the autobooting of RxTools in the settings?
It's the L button actually.

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

P.S:

You will have to change the "L" config on the bootctr to another button, because its the default key of rxTools to acess its configurations, and I believe you cant change the rxTools Button.
That is why you have to press "A" then "Y" to boot rxToos.

Last edited by Xinaman,
Reactions: code640

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)