RDR1 is Xenia Canary still king ?

Fumigator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit to early to know . but as things progress ... Lets talk about the pros and cons of the only ways to play RDR1 on PC...

With the Switch version out now , Will it become the best way to be played on PC ?

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't expect the Switch version will be the best way to play on PC. It will likely be 30fps, with FSR and filtering that will make it look worse even when upscaled. There may be mods to unlock the framerate and remove any filtering although it's no guarantee. I wouldn't be surprised if they downgrade the models and make a bunch of other changes which will make it inferior, and there'll be funky behaviour with LODs. All stuff which might get fixed with mods but still likely to be an inferior experience.

If you have a decent PC, RDR1 through Xenia is a beauty. Proper 4K with unlocked framerate. Can't be beat.

Reactions: Fumigator

Fumigator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't expect the Switch version will be the best way to play on PC. It will likely be 30fps, with FSR and filtering that will make it look worse even when upscaled. There may be mods to unlock the framerate and remove any filtering although it's no guarantee. I wouldn't be surprised if they downgrade the models and make a bunch of other changes which will make it inferior, and there'll be funky behaviour with LODs. All stuff which might get fixed with mods but still likely to be an inferior experience.

If you have a decent PC, RDR1 through Xenia is a beauty. Proper 4K with unlocked framerate. Can't be beat.
I agree , Canary runs RDR1 great even on my rx 560 and 17 3770 at 60FPS , We own a switch but have played with the 2 emus and well they work OK... I do own rdr1 on 360... my 360 took a crap tho , so really dont see this as a piracy thing ( just saying) wanting to see what people have to say about emulating this.... really its stupid not to have a pc version

Fumigator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohh and to make clear , when I said --We own a switch but have played with the 2 emus and well they work OK

I was not talking about rdr1 --- just mean games in general for my old crap hardware / compared to how well x canary runs

Ryan525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I set the path, these files pop up with out game files. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• IMG_20231225_155352.jpg
    IMG_20231225_155352.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14

Ryan525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me load games instead of these from my games path.

Attachments

• IMG_20231225_155352.jpg
    IMG_20231225_155352.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol