Question RCMX86 installed, Only works without right joycon?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by PRAGMA, May 8, 2019.

1. PRAGMA
    OP

PRAGMA GBAtemp Addict

Dec 29, 2015
    Ireland
    is this normal? I didnt strap the Vol+, Did strap the joycon, and did strap the USB disconnect (but idk how test that one).
    Also how is it even loading Hekate and how do I get its missing sleep libraries and use a payload?

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    don't know why it works only without the right joy-con. I had a problem with the strap when I wired it through a tight space and every time I pushed on the back cover, it wouldn't work cause of that. Maybe a similar issue?
    Library and everything else goes to the SD (hekate package should have everything).

3. PRAGMA
    OP

PRAGMA GBAtemp Addict

Dec 29, 2015
    Ireland
    The hekate isnt loading via SD, i have none in it right now and it boots into hekate

4. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    I know. Everything except the payload is loaded from SD card. So is the library.

5. PRAGMA
    OP

PRAGMA GBAtemp Addict

Dec 29, 2015
    Ireland
    I see, and to update UF2, I have to open up the back and solder on a switch?

6. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    If you have a way of putting it into a download mode (the reed switch probably) all you need is to put it into download mode and connect your switch to the PC. It should automatically show up on your PC and then you can move the uf2 file on it.

7. PRAGMA
    OP

PRAGMA GBAtemp Addict

Dec 29, 2015
    Ireland
    right, i couldnt fit it in with the reed switch on, so had to solder it off, but yeah makes sense, thanks :)
    As for the right joycon its weird sometimes even with it out it doesnt work, its a gamble but seems like it DOES have to be out though, odd stuff.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ok odd started playing mario to test controllers, and the right joycon every now and then just straight up disconnects or atleast buttons stop working :/
    It seems to actually be both joycons, they both randomly stop

8. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    This was happening to me as well. And all because of the strap cable. The joy-con would disconnect on it's own whenever I pushed on the cover.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted