Hacking RCMLoader

pegasus123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi, When i plug my RCMLoader on computer it just blink twice like when you are pressing the + button. Its not turning white so i can update the payload.

Tried with laptop and PC and different cables, all the same.

No issues with injecting payload though. Any idea?

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plug it in using the micro-usb port on the "bottom" using the included cord, not the USB-C port. If that does not work, what OSes are you using?

pegasus123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
dont plug in the usb c port on pc its not for data writing only loading use the micro usb port thats for pc

Plug it in using the micro-usb port on the "bottom" using the included cord, not the USB-C port. If that does not work, what OSes are you using?

No no i know how to plug it. i plug it in the micro usb, i dont have USB C port on my PC.

I'm using Windows 10. I am trying to update the Payload but when i plug it in my computer using the included micro usb to the "bottom" and plugging USB to PC, it just blink twice. It's not turning to mass storage.

Not sure if there is solution just checking though. No issues with injecting payload to switch though now im stuck with hekate 5.0.1.

Last edited by pegasus123,

pegasus123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Try a different OS maybe? A linux boot disk might make it mount normally.

I tried using ubuntu, didn't work. I guess this is dead and stuck forever.

Looks like it doesnt matter where i plug it, i plug it on power bank and it does the same, just blinking twice instead of "white" charging color. Thanks!

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no i know how to plug it. i plug it in the micro usb, i dont have USB C port on my PC.

I'm using Windows 10. I am trying to update the Payload but when i plug it in my computer using the included micro usb to the "bottom" and plugging USB to PC, it just blink twice. It's not turning to mass storage.

Not sure if there is solution just checking though. No issues with injecting payload to switch though now im stuck with hekate 5.0.1.
check device manager in win10 make sure its installed drivers for it, or if its showing as unkown device

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what firmware is on the RCMLoader?

Firmware update instruction
1.Download the firmware file
2.Unzip the firmware file.
3.Connect the RCMloader one to your Computer via the MicroUSB cable.
4.Copy the IAP folder to the root of USB drive.The file like this, USB DRIVE:\IAP\FIRMWARE.BIN.
5.Un-plug the MicroUSB cable.
6.Plug the MicroUSB cable again, the RCMloader will auto upgrade in 3 seconds, then the IAP folder in USB DRIVE should be auto deleted.

ClickCLK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Seems like microusb port connector inside your dongle is damaged or partially desoldered from board.

If you have multimeter you can check this by connecting cable to microusb and check resistance to ground on D+ and D- pins (look for usb pinout on google). If one or both of them have very high resistance (more than 1mOm if I remember correctly) then it is indeed the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want...