• Views 1,071,917
  • Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I talked about this in the noob questions thread, but I'll mention it here.
Is there any chance of implementing something that can tell you if AutoRCM is enabled or not? I turned it on yesterday, at least I think I did. But there was nothing to confirm that I had done so or anything to tell me that its currently enabled or not.
Of course I could just reboot the device and see for myself but having updated without burning fuses, I wouldnt want to risk finding out that I haven't turned it on.

Something simple like an indicator at the bottom of the menu (where the battery info is) would be nice if you can do it.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The logopath needs the Custom boot logo config set to enabled. You have it?
Yes. I do have it set. My guess is it has to have very specific placement. But going by the template it seemed to be placed with the CFW configuration. So, more than anything else, what I'm asking here is if it actually can do a different logo for each CFW or if it's only the one and it just for some reason must be placed late in the configuration file.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I talked about this in the noob questions thread, but I'll mention it here.
Is there any chance of implementing something that can tell you if AutoRCM is enabled or not? I turned it on yesterday, at least I think I did. But there was nothing to confirm that I had done so or anything to tell me that its currently enabled or not.
Of course I could just reboot the device and see for myself but having updated without burning fuses, I wouldnt want to risk finding out that I haven't turned it on.

Something simple like an indicator at the bottom of the menu (where the battery info is) would be nice if you can do it.
Added to to TO DO list.

Yes. I do have it set. My guess is it has to have very specific placement. But going by the template it seemed to be placed with the CFW configuration. So, more than anything else, what I'm asking here is if it actually can do a different logo for each CFW or if it's only the one and it just for some reason must be placed late in the configuration file.
No specific placement. Every [boot entry] can have a different logo.

Can you upload your logo to check it? Or PM it.

Reactions: Nevercholt and Rune

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I can if you want, but my logo works fine if I name it bootlogo.bmp and remove the logopath= parameter from the INI, so I don't think the logo itself has anything to do with it. Actually, I'm no longer using the one I made (though I did test it and it did work.) I'm using this one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/share-your-custom-hekate-bootlogo-thread.513033/#post-8181796
Attach your .ini file. (not copy paste its contents). I want to check it in its binary form.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure.

Uh, I don't know how that CFW stuff got there. I'm sure I'll properly remove it later.

Before I was putting a logopath= parameter at the bottom of each CFW and one at the bottom of the top section. In the end none of that worked though. I got the default logo on startup and then when a CFW ran it would just go blank.

Attachments

• hekate_ipl.zip
    487 bytes · Views: 222

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sure.

Uh, I don't know how that CFW stuff got there. I'm sure I'll properly remove it later.

Before I was putting a logopath= parameter at the bottom of each CFW and one at the bottom of the top section. In the end none of that worked though. I got the default logo on startup and then when a CFW ran it would just go blank.
Where's the logopath?

EDIT:
btw the logopath matches your directory?

Last edited by CTCaer,

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had removed it because it wasn't working. Well, I'll do another with the way I had it before.

And yes, the bmp files were in the root of the SD.

Attachments

• hekate_ipl_logos.zip
    515 bytes · Views: 217

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally did keep them in folders, but it was just easier to keep them in the root for now -- particularly while testing. Plus I know that the kneejerk reaction to anyone asking about something not working is to ask the equivalent of "did you try restarting it?"

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I originally did keep them in folders, but it was just easier to keep them in the root for now -- particularly while testing. Plus I know that the kneejerk reaction to anyone asking about something not working is to ask the equivalent of "did you try restarting it?"
And the same bmp if renamed to bootlogo.bmp works... strange.
My ini has loads of them. I even have custom for lakka.

EDIT:
They work

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it again just now -- just to be sure I redownloaded the payload bin and overwrite the old payload bin I was using (well, I'm 99.9999999% sure it was exactly the same file, but just to be sure I restarted my computer so to speak, lol.) So it booted up with the ReiNX logo and when I selected a different CFW (in this case just the generic "CFW" one) the screen flashed white for a split second then went black and booted that one.

Just in case I did something different and don't know about it, here is the new INI.

So perhaps I'm misunderstanding something? Does it just show the logo specified under whichever CFW is the autoboot option and ignore the one in the main section when an autoboot is set perhaps?

Attachments

• hekate_ipl_new.zip
    516 bytes · Views: 230

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried it again just now -- just to be sure I redownloaded the payload bin and overwrite the old payload bin I was using (well, I'm 99.9999999% sure it was exactly the same file, but just to be sure I restarted my computer so to speak, lol.) So it booted up with the ReiNX logo and when I selected a different CFW (in this case just the generic "CFW" one) the screen flashed white for a split second then went black and booted that one.

Just in case I did something different and don't know about it, here is the new INI.

So perhaps I'm misunderstanding something? Does it just show the logo specified under whichever CFW is the autoboot option and ignore the one in the main section when an autoboot is set perhaps?
What? Launch option does not show a logo. there's no need to delay the boot there.
Bootlogos exist only for autoboot. To mask nicely the magic happening under the hood and give you some time to press VOL- if you want to go to menu.

So yeah. It was a misunderstanding.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, sorry about that then.

I do swear that at one point the logopath= parameter wasn't doing anything at all, but it is working now regardless, so maybe I just had something else wrong. I can't be sure since I can't reproduce that now.

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 1 small suggestion. Can you add screen burn-in reduction so my screen dosen't fry while dumping my nand? Dumping it takes forever and I don't want my screen to burn. If it's not possible, I understand.

Last edited by Rabbid4240,

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 1 small suggestion. Can you add screen burn-in reduction so my screen dosen't fry while dumping my nand? Dumping it takes forever and I don't want my screen to burn. If it's not possible, I understand.
LCDs don't actually get burn-in like CRTs used to. Lowering the brightness would have advantages like using less battery if one has no choice but to run it from the battery however. I really like that the bootlogo gets the full brightness though. Really works well with the rather nice LCD Nintendo used (wasn't it IPS panel? Seems like the colors are rather nice.)

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Reactions: Azel

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LCDs don't actually get burn-in like CRTs used to. Lowering the brightness would have advantages like using less battery if one has no choice but to run it from the battery however. I really like that the bootlogo gets the full brightness though. Really works well with the rather nice LCD Nintendo used (wasn't it IPS panel? Seems like the colors are rather nice.)
Oh ok

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday