NULL

[RCM Payload] Hekate - CTCaer mod

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by CTCaer, May 1, 2018.

1. VFCalado

VFCalado Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2009
    Hi.
    When I backup my nand it's normal they get stored to the root of SD card?
    Thank's

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Well, you can't exactly fit a backup of your NAND into your NAND. Also, it would be nonsensical to backup the NAND onto your NAND. I mean, how would you access it?
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

VFCalado likes this.
  3. VFCalado

VFCalado Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2009
    I mean structure folder.
    But im see now im using 3.1.

4. CPTflconX

CPTflconX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2009
    United States
    I used Hekate to launch ChoiDujour and updated my firmware to 5.1 from 5.0. It was successful but now I can no longer charge or send signal to HDMI. I get a green blinking light on the dock. The only way I can charge is if it's connected to computer, my PC detects the switch fine. I can boot fine and play backups without any issues. I don't know what to try and I don't want to make the situation worse.

5. PsychOsmosis

PsychOsmosis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Canada
    Tried holding down the connector, same error...
    Sorry for the delay in response!

6. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Nov 24, 2013
    Denmark
    That sounds really weird. Which version of ChoiDujour did you use? The Manual install version or the HomeBrew version, ChoiDujourNX?

You're probably better off asking the question here https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/ for ChoiDujourNX OR
    here https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ for the manual version, ChoiDujour.

Also, regardless of which guide you have followed, you should have a Nand backup as per following the instructions, so whatever is wrong should be fixable by restoring that Nand backup using Hekate. But definitely ask in 1 of the 2 threads I linked, rajkosto can likely help you out

7. Gpro1

Gpro1 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2018
    United States
    If auto-rcm is enabled and you ''power off' switch from os, is it safe to remove SD card at that point while back in rcm (before any payload sent), or should it be fully powered off by sending payload, and powering off through hekate first?

8. Nevercholt

Nevercholt GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2018
    Netherlands
    Doesnt really matter. I can insert my SD while in RCM mode just fine

9. Pierpy89

Pierpy89 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2007
    Italy
    Solved

Last edited by Pierpy89, Aug 5, 2018
  10. Scolor

Scolor GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2008
    Italy
    OK then. . please. may you give a guide on how to load this?

11. Nevercholt

Jun 30, 2018
    Netherlands
    I get this error message when I change the verification options :(

Attached Files:

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    This should teach you the basics from booting into RCM to how to send payloads via USB connection.

Scolor likes this.
  13. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    This happens when you don't have an sd card normally. If you have, what's your hekate ini?

14. Nevercholt

Jun 30, 2018
    Netherlands
    I was able to make a backup just fine. I don't have anything hekate related on my SD though (?) The only thing I did was push the payload and make a backup. Nothing added to the SD card myself

15. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    I c. This depends on hekate_ipl.ini.

16. Nevercholt

Jun 30, 2018
    Netherlands
    Okay I will take a look! Thank you!

17. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Nov 24, 2013
    Denmark
    About to use Hekates Restore Nand option so that I can start using 2 different Nands, one for regular use online gaming and one for homeBrew and offline gaming only. Anything I need to know before I try to do a restore? for example, is this text up to date and what does the "10 second mandatory wait time" mean?

"Restore eMMC RAW GPP (Dangerous!):
    Do not use that if you don't know what you are doing! No one is responsible for messing with your device.
    You have a 10 second mandatory wait time before letting you start restore by pressing POWER.
    This let's you restore your eMMC general purpose partition. If hekate find the /Backup/Restore/rawnand.bin it will restore it and verify it.
    If it does not find it, it does nothing.
    For now only exFAT is supported. No partial restoring."

Also, seeing as my Switch is not bricked or anything, do I actually need to restore boot0/1 aswell?

Last edited by XaneTenshi, Aug 8, 2018
  18. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    It is up to date and will always be. Everything that writes the emmc is considered dangerous by me.
    A full backup is boot0/1 and rawnand.bin. Boot0/1 have unknown data written to them in every boot. So..
    The text is to make sure you don't press that by mistake.

19. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Nov 24, 2013
    Denmark
    Thanks, I'll try and take my chances for now. I don't intend to do this to often of course.

Just to make sure that they are not skipped then:

"This let's you restore your eMMC BOOT0 and BOOT1 partitions.
    It will only restore the files at /Backup/Restore/BOOT0 and /Backup/Restore/BOOT1."

In this case "BOOT1" and "BOOT0" are not folders containing the boot files, but actually the boot files themselves, right?

20. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    Yeah. Generally, I try to end folders with a "/" to distinguish them.