• Views 1,073,342
  • Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

crow132

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
I noticed a pretty important bug, not sure if its already known but is kinda significant

So I installed autorcm from the launcher and then went into hekate and booted stock firmware, so far so good. The problem comes when I turn the system off from the stock firmware... it actually does not goes off, just goes into rcm mode (i know it because after power off I just plug my usb and it loads the payload)

This can easily result in a full drain of the battery if you dont get to notice, could anyone please look into it?

RAGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I noticed a pretty important bug, not sure if its already known but is kinda significant

So I installed autorcm from the launcher and then went into hekate and booted stock firmware, so far so good. The problem comes when I turn the system off from the stock firmware... it actually does not goes off, just goes into rcm mode (i know it because after power off I just plug my usb and it loads the payload)

This can easily result in a full drain of the battery if you dont get to notice, could anyone please look into it?
It is a known issue with anykind of AutoRCM, you can search other threads about it. In your case, after powering off via OFW, press power button for 14 sec to make sure.

aarranz

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys, I've backed up my raw nand, but it is in separate files. How do I merge them?
I have read the first post, and says I should use my fav cmd/app, but I have no clue how to do that.
a little more explanation would be appreciated

thank you.

coned_miro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've backed up my raw nand, but it is in separate files. How do I merge them?
I have read the first post, and says I should use my fav cmd/app, but I have no clue how to do that.
a little more explanation would be appreciated

thank you.

CTCaer has scripts in the main post as well as github that will merge for you. Look around, you'll find them!

Reactions: aarranz

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I got one doubt I can`t find a solution anywhere. Let`s say I got autoRCM mode, when the console is on RCM, can I swap SD cards? Or it isn`t safe. Can somebody tell me if it`s possible to do that? I got two main SD cards and it`s a pain to swap them, so if it`s possible on RCM mode with auto enabled, that should be great.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is there a safe way to cancel a user emmc dump?
I realized right after starting it that the raw dump included it already, and I don't want to dump user too if I don't need it.
There's a no safe way. I may add one in the future (like pressing VOL up and down).
The only way currently is to force shut down the console. After that you need to check the sd card for errors on a PC, before using it again.

I got one doubt I can`t find a solution anywhere. Let`s say I got autoRCM mode, when the console is on RCM, can I swap SD cards? Or it isn`t safe. Can somebody tell me if it`s possible to do that? I got two main SD cards and it`s a pain to swap them, so if it`s possible on RCM mode with auto enabled, that should be great.
Yes. In RCM/AutoRCM and in hekate's menu the sd card is unmounted and powered down.

Reactions: nWo and 8BitWonder

Bl4ckeagle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey
@CTCaer

I hope it's not written somewhere.

I did a Nand backup and I was somehow so stupid to delete my old profile with my save games.
The nand backup is on 3.2 and I'm now on 5. something(i think the latest)
Is it possible to restore the backup and get my savegames back?
Or will i brick i because of the different versions?

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey
@CTCaer

I hope it's not written somewhere.

I did a Nand backup and I was somehow so stupid to delete my old profile with my save games.
The nand backup is on 3.2 and I'm now on 5. something(i think the latest)
Is it possible to restore the backup and get my savegames back?
Or will i brick i because of the different versions?
If you don't know how to extract savegames from nand backups, here's another way to do it:
  • Backup your current state (5.X.X) - rawnand.bin AND boot0/1
  • Restore your old 3.0.2 rawnand.bin AND boot0/1
  • Backup your savegames through Checkpoint
  • Restore the 5.X.X backup
  • Restore the savegames through Checkpoint
  • Win

Bl4ckeagle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@CTCaer

Thanks for your answer!
So it's possible to get the savegames straight from the backup?
I will check it out if you got any ressources and like to share it, would be nice, if not it's ok :)

Regards

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
If I made a backup of only the SYSTEM partition how do I extract the contents? Do those partial backups also use the bis keys?

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@CTCaer

Thanks for your answer!
So it's possible to get the savegames straight from the backup?
I will check it out if you got any ressources and like to share it, would be nice, if not it's ok :)

Regards
You need a lot of time and a know how to for playing with hactool.

If I made a backup of only the SYSTEM partition how do I extract the contents? Do those partial backups also use the bis keys?
Yeah they need it. They are 1:1 copies of these partitions.

Reactions: Bl4ckeagle

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can a mod pelase sticky this Thread?
While the sentiment is appreciated, posting the word "mod" doesn't really help or alert any mods. What you can do is report the first post and say something along the lines of requesting it to be pinned. Even then, I don't believe a mod will do that unless the OP himself requests permission first.

Reactions: Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
While the sentiment is appreciated, posting the word "mod" doesn't really help or alert any mods. What you can do is report the first post and say something along the lines of requesting it to be pinned. Even then, I don't believe a mod will do that unless the OP himself requests permission first.
gonna do that, the opening Post with all the explanation having there is a wonderfull example for having a start in the switch-homebrew area since you need a good payload to even get there.

if its ok for @CTCaer ^^

shag04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CTCaer
I made a nand backup about a week ago and then yesterday when I woke up my switch was in a bootloop. I no longer can get hekate to boot anymore while I have a sd card inserted and then any features that touch the sd card just freeze or dont work. I can't restore my nand since I can't boot hekate.

I've tried multiple sd cards none work, I've tested my cards they seem fine. I've also never ran sx os before but I tried to boot the loader as a test and it booted just fine with a sd card. Idk what to do anymore help would be appreciated.

I was on version 3.1 and I had made no other modifications ever except nand backups

Last edited by shag04,
Reactions: Draxzelex

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@CTCaer
I made a nand backup about a week ago and then yesterday when I woke up my switch was in a bootloop. I no longer can get hekate to boot anymore while I have a sd card inserted and then any features that touch the sd card just freeze or dont work. I can't restore my nand since I can't boot hekate.

I've tried multiple sd cards none work, I've tested my cards they seem fine. I've also never ran sx os before but I tried to boot the loader as a test and it booted just fine with a sd card. Idk what to do anymore help would be appreciated.

I was on version 3.1 and I had made no other modifications ever except nand backups
Specify "bootloop"?
Also: have you messed with any of your boot partitions?
Try to use memloader and restore your backup via HacDiskMount.

shag04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@adrifcastr
I haven't messed with anything I've ran hekate a couple times to make nand back ups.

The last backup was on hekate 3.1
Is restoring via hacdiskmount pretty straight forward?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.