• Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@adrifcastr
I haven't messed with anything I've ran hekate a couple times to make nand back ups.

The last backup was on hekate 3.1
Is restoring via hacdiskmount pretty straight forward?
if you turn it on and just get a black screen you might have accidentally left it in rcm and the battery died.

Last edited by wicksand420,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It freezes when it says nintendo switch like it never boosts horizon
  1. If you remove the sd card, it passes the nintendo switch logo and you can see the horizon's home menu?
  2. In hekate you tried "Print sd card info" and "Print emmc info"?
  3. When you are saying that sx os booted, you mean the sx os menu or the boot.dat missing logo? Did you enter horizon with this?
  4. What configuration you tried to boot horizon? [Stock]? [Atmo with homebrew]? sth else?
  5. You use autoRCM? (this does not play a big role, just asking)

shag04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. If you remove the sd card, it passes the nintendo switch logo and you can see the horizon's home menu?
  2. In hekate you tried "Print sd card info" and "Print emmc info"?
  3. When you are saying that sx os booted, you mean the sx os menu or the boot.dat missing logo? Did you enter horizon with this?
  4. What configuration you tried to boot horizon? [Stock]? [Atmo with homebrew]? sth else?
  5. You use autoRCM? (this does not play a big role, just asking)

1. No it still wont boot
2. When I try any features in hekate that have to access the sd card, such as ( print sd card info) it just hangs at a blank screen and does nothing.
3.the whole menu loaded for me when I tried it, I put the boot.dat on my sd card.
4. I was booting completely stock
5. No I've never used auto rcm or messed with boot at all

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1. No it still wont boot
2. When I try any features in hekate that have to access the sd card, such as ( print sd card info) it just hangs at a blank screen and does nothing.
3.the whole menu loaded for me when I tried it, I put the boot.dat on my sd card.
4. I was booting completely stock
5. No I've never used auto rcm or messed with boot at all
If what you say is correct (booting OFW, not even through hekate), doesn't boot without sd card), that's not good.
That probably means that's something wrong with your sd card reader or with the sdmmc1 clocks, so basically a hardware failure.

I can't help you today, but tomorrow I can send you a debug version and check where exactly hangs.
On the other hand, I don't believe that this will help you with Horizon though (I hope I'm wrong!), because its sdmmc1 init is similar (but more complete) with hekate.

By the way, sx uses proprietary sdmmc1 and dram init/training, taken from google/nvidia, so that's why it works. Try to boot into horizon with this (so we can know that your eMMC is ok at least).

Reactions: RAGER and Azel

shag04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If what you say is correct (booting OFW, not even through hekate), doesn't boot without sd card), that's not good.
That probably means that's something wrong with your sd card reader or with the sdmmc1 clocks, so basically a hardware failure.

I can't help you today, but tomorrow I can send you a debug version and check where exactly hangs.
On the other hand, I don't believe that this will help you with Horizon though (I hope I'm wrong!), because its sdmmc1 init is similar (but more complete) with hekate.

By the way, sx uses proprietary sdmmc1 and dram init/training, taken from google/nvidia, so that's why it works. Try to boot into horizon with this (so we can know that your eMMC is ok at least).

I actually couldn't get it to boot through sx os either

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I actually couldn't get it to boot through sx os either
So, it probably is what I thought it was.

If I understood correctly your switch is completely stock.
Maybe you'll have to get it to nintendo service (without your sd card of course) to fix it.

But before that (because you may end up with an unexploitable switch), we'll try some things tomorrow.

shag04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it probably is what I thought it was.

If I understood correctly your switch is completely stock.
Maybe you'll have to get it to nintendo service (without your sd card of course) to fix it.

But before that (because you may end up with an unexploitable switch), we'll try some things tomorrow.
What about my legs can they read those and see I was accessing rcm mode and stuff, should I worry about that?

And I appreciate your help hopefully we figure something out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can you boot normally into ofw?
No

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about my legs can they read those and see I was accessing rcm mode and stuff, should I worry about that?

No
what was the last thing you did before you noticed you couldn't boot into OFW?

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

No
Nope they can't.
As far as Nintendo goes, your console is untouched. And it is, actually. You never even run any cfw. And when you tried it stopped at boot anyway.
So if you have still warranty, they will fix it for free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.