• Views 1,073,455
  • Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

ts61fa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AutoRCM bricks your console by corrupting boot sector, so yeah you will always need to start console via RCM in any firmware.
Finally managed to do the exFAT thing, still on 4.0.1 FW. But I cant seem to boot the switch with the dongle, it doesnt do anything. When i payload hekate I can go to stock thats ok, but after I turn it off and try booting SX OS pro with dongle, nothing happens again...

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Finally managed to do the exFAT thing, still on 4.0.1 FW. But I cant seem to boot the switch with the dongle, it doesnt do anything. When i payload hekate I can go to stock thats ok, but after I turn it off and try booting SX OS pro with dongle, nothing happens again...
Even though here's not the support forum for this I'll say this:
Charge it.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
was about to say, yeah. (even if I don't own one either)
I don't own one either but it's pretty obvious. Capacitors so small, can't withstand shit of power inside them.

Normally I don't reply on posts that have to do with SX.
I don't have a problem with the dongle (other than being overpriced) but with SX "OS" it's another story.
And anyway, they are off-topic here.
*Disclaimer: Because people forget and assume things, the above sentences are my opinion. No one has to agree with it. Only respect it.
Also, I don't care and judge people that use it. It is your console and money and you do whatever you want with them.

Last edited by CTCaer,

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
Can i just say a huge thanks! I some how managed to mess up the exFAT update and blue screened my switch...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6364.jpg

Fortunately i had backed up my NAND and after a painful hour, it fully restored using your payload. Thanks!!!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6363.jpg

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can i just say a huge thanks! I some how managed to mess up the exFAT update and blue screened my switch...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6364.jpg

Fortunately i had backed up my NAND and after a painful hour, it fully restored using your payload. Thanks!!!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6363.jpg
You are welcome.

Yes, what you ended up doing was breaking pkg2. That's why the blue screen.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
he could have just used memloader and hacDiskMount to reflash his pkg2 backup, no ?

this is completely off topic, but about that ExFat tutorial, I and a lot of ppl managed to pull it off first try, just take your time, make sure to get a game for your right fw version, and use the latest version of the tools, not the one in the OP, and it should go as planned :) (and use this to get the keys, might be easier than looking for them online https://github.com/tesnos/kezplez-nx/releases/tag/v1.1 )

about the autoRCM "brick", I actually thought about the autoRCM thing yesterday, but got thrown off when he first mentioned trying the dongle. then I got it with the following posts lol

Last edited by Azel,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
he could have just used memloader and hacDiskMount to reflash his pkg2 backup, no ?

this is completely off topic, but about that ExFat tutorial, I and a lot of ppl managed to pull it off first try, just take you time, make sure get a game for your right fw version, and use the latest version off the tools, not the one in the OP, and it should go as planned :) (and use this to get the keys, might be easier than looking for them online https://github.com/tesnos/kezplez-nx/releases/tag/v1.1 )
about the autoRCM "brick", I actually thought about the autoRCM yesterday, but got thrown off when he first mentioned trying the dongle. then I got it with the following posts lol
Yes you can reflash pkg2 with these tools.

Reactions: Azel

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes you can reflash pkg2 with these tools.
or with Hekate :)

btw, I just did that actually, it took me a bit of time to understand what was wrong with reflashing my BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main file with exfat modded in it... hacdiskmount via memloader did dump it with the ".bin" extension lol

would you be able to add that to Hekate ? a way to disregard if those files have an extension.

(a way to dump/reflash only one of the partitions would be cool too (or at least not the system one, which is the longest)

One more thing, when reflashing boot0/boot1, the message is the same as for other partition reflash, could you edit the text so it just says that it will flash Boot0/Boot1 instead of "the partitions that will be found" ?

thanks ^^

Last edited by Azel,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
or with Hekate :)

btw, I just did that actually, it took me a bit of time to understand what was wrong with reflashing my BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main file with exfat modded in it... hacdiskmount via memloader did dump it with the ".bin" extension lol

would you be able to add that to Hekate ? a way to disregard if those files have an extension.

(a way to dump/reflash only one of the partitions would be cool too (or at least not the system one, which is the longest)

One more thing, when reflashing boot0/boot1, the message is the same as for other partition reflash, could you edit the text so it just says that it will flash Boot0/Boot1 instead of "the partitions that will be found" ?

thanks ^^
Just rename it? Don't tell me you hide the extensions? This is the worst "feature" windows has by default.

A little note here though: You need the encrypted partition from hacdisktool to flash it via hekate.

BOOT0 and BOOT1 are seperate physical partitions of the eMMC. The message is actually correct. And it works the same way. If you want to flash only BOOT0 you add only BOOT0 in the Restore folder.
I designed it that way on purpose. ^^

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes I did rename it ^^ (no no, disabling this in windows is the 1st thing I'm doing when I install windows lol)

oh ok, makes sense! I did do that by chance then, I guess :)

yes, I get it, but the message being exactly the same as the other one makes it unclear on what it's going to flash, kinda, well I'm nitpicking here ;)

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yes I did rename it ^^ (no no, disabling this in windows is the 1st thing I'm doing when I install windows lol)

oh ok, makes sense! I did do that by chance then, I guess :)

yes, I get it, but the message being exactly the same as the other one makes it unclear on what it's going to flash, kinda, well I'm nitpicking here ;)
If unsure press VOL.
I'm trying to save space and I don't want to add more strings. I'll revisit it though. Maybe I can save sth.

EDIT:
How's that:
Code:
gfx_puts(&gfx_con, "The mode you selected will only restore\nthe ");
if (restoreType & PART_BOOT)
    gfx_puts(&gfx_con, "boot ");
gfx_puts(&gfx_con, "partitions that it can find.\n");
:P

Last edited by CTCaer,
Reactions: Azel and hippy dave

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If unsure press VOL.
I'm trying to save space and I don't want to add more strings. I'll revisit it though. Maybe I can save sth.

EDIT:
How's that:
Code:
gfx_puts(&gfx_con, "The mode you selected will only restore\nthe ");
if (restoreType & PART_BOOT)
    gfx_puts(&gfx_con, "boot ");
gfx_puts(&gfx_con, "partitions that it can find.\n");
:P
perfect ^^

what do you mean, press VOL ? :)

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
One question, can we change the white screen flash when booting in to cfw ? It tear my in when in the dark.
This is caused by nintendo's security monitor. I also hate it.
Last time I tried to do sth with it, nothing worked.
I'll check again though.

perfect ^^

what do you mean, press VOL ? :)
To abort if you are not sure. And then select what restore option you really need.

Reactions: Azel

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey CTCaer - quick question - would formatting the system that has run DevMenu and SX OS clear any logs or anything on the console so it looks clean to Nintendo? I have a NAND backup I did with some games and its 8GB (from before i ran any cfw or anything). Wondering if I can somehow cleanly redo the process by formatting and removing SX OS...etc.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any risk of brick of always stay in Hekate/CFW mode + sleep mode?
Always use the jig and have to enter RCM is boring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...