Hacking RB2 or RB3 pc tools update?

paulstevens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As topic states, are there any updates to the RB2 PC tools collection for packing the downloaded files on the pc and transferring them to the sd card?

I have done the early generations (sZAE/sZBE/sZCE/sZDE) successfully and most recently parts of Gen 5 (sZEE). However, many files show up in the DLC Manager as "RawkSD - Custom - 2009", and all the files for sZFE show up as that.

What I tried is: updating setvars.bat to reflect the correct title, used what I think is the correct ticket.tik found in a Gen5A zipfile with wad and ticket. I tried putting my ng_id into the ticket.tik file at 1D8-1DB - no luck. I also used the ticket.tik file as is, no luck.

Is there a way to decrypt the sZEE files and sZFE files so that they do not show up as "custom" and play properly in RB3 (or RB2 if appropriate?) Perhaps there are updated tools or methods, but so far I have not turned up anything. The title.tik file I used was in (Rock Band 3 DLC Gen 5A [sZFE]).

Thanks for the suggestions.

ps - I used a tools zip file (DLC_Gen_6_sZJE) successfully, and those files all show up in the tools dlc manager.

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, you sound like me, I have done all of the same things, it is clear that the RB3 GenA and GenB have the ngid moved slightly off, and possibly something else

I was thinking of using the tools to get the app files, install them onto my nand, then hope RB3 converts them to bin and moved them to SD upon game startup

paulstevens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scooby74029 said:
actually you can do that but i wouldnt recomend doing it on your real wii nand i use uneek +di to transfer the .app to.bin files works for me
Thanks for the replies. I have been putting off trying NAND emulation; perhaps it is time to jump in. I hope it works with wiiflow or at least uloader.

I plan on following this thread: http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide?&st=2265

how does it differ from the thread in your .sig? (http://gbatemp.net/t261927-sneekycompiler) Your thread makes reference to crediar tools so at first glance I am not sure what your compiler does that differs from crediars compiler. I am interested to get the rb2/rb3 dlc working correctly and hence plan to use your advice.

Finally, once uneek+di is running, are there any gotchas or faq's to be aware of to do what you suggest, transferring .app to .bin files?

Thank you.

paulstevens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have uneek + di running, and I no longer have the ERROR#004 when I access the SD card menu.

RB3 is loaded in uneek but after the startup screens I get a black screen.

Is there a way to load the app files and convert them to bin files using uneek+di but not loading RB3 thru uneek?

I have RB3 loading well with uloader but want to convert the app to bin files of some dlc.

fwiw, my dvd drive is toast so I cannot extract rb3 from the dvd. I tried two iso images and converted them to discex, but no luck loading rb3 thru uneek.

Thanks for any help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...