ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as the RawkSD thread is somewhat "dying" and this hasn't been mentioned, it should suffice as a new topic.

RawkTour is a program that allows you to put custom songs into GHWT Wii!

Follow the instructions on the RawkSD wiki (rawksd.japaneatahand.com) and rock out!

Brought to you by Aaron (AerialX).

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, congratulations?

But I'm not going anywhere near that horrible game and its craptacular graphics. And if GH5 doesn't fix the visuals, I won't bother with it either. I much prefer RawkSD, and wish this was a GHWT track exporter instead.

heavyd2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, interesting tool - I hope!? When I run the RawkTourDummyBik.bat I just get an error message saying that Rad Video Tools needs to shut down - no blank .bik file is created. I've reinstalled Rad Video Tools but still haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?? TIA!

basa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Saddly RT dont offer converting .bin 2 .wad files like OneUp dlc format (more easier to install and modify .bik files), Rawktour is too complicated and i stay with Rocband customs.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kid sampson said:
Um, congratulations?

But I'm not going anywhere near that horrible game and its craptacular graphics. And if GH5 doesn't fix the visuals, I won't bother with it either. I much prefer RawkSD, and wish this was a GHWT track exporter instead.

I completely agree, the visuals suck. However, based on the screens and a very brief clip of GH5 Wii, I must say, it looks quite a bit better.

heavyd2003 said:
Hi, interesting tool - I hope!? When I run the RawkTourDummyBik.bat I just get an error message saying that Rad Video Tools needs to shut down - no blank .bik file is created. I've reinstalled Rad Video Tools but still haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?? TIA!

I'm not sure. I myself get errors saying that the content is out of date. Sorry
tongue.gif

QUOTE(basa @ Aug 13 2009, 09:39 AM)
Saddly RT dont offer converting .bin 2 .wad files like OneUp dlc format (more easier to install and modify .bik files), Rawktour is too complicated and i stay with Rocband customs.

Um, no. The .biks would be the same in .wad or .bin format. Also, if that's not the point of your post, I have no idea what is.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are some nice features in GHWT that I like compared to RB2. I really like how you can skip songs in a set. Also, since GH5 will support SDHC, that will also be nice, especially if there will be a way to import RB songs into it.

Certainly, there are a lot more songs available for RB2, which is great, but they both have good things.

Fritti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ShadowChaos said:
i don't see why you would want GHWT customs, RB2 is just the better game

It probably is, but for me as a .eu citizen I don't have RB2 nor it's DLC - despite Harmonix's promises they still didn't deliver any goods.

I'm totally surprised this hasn't gotten any attention whatsoever, apparently everybody lives in .us and/or has changed the shop channel so that they can use RB2 + DLC.

I hope someone will make this better and make it able to e.g. import tracks from RB1 and track packs so I finally have a reason to buy those games.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Fritti said:
ShadowChaos said:
i don't see why you would want GHWT customs, RB2 is just the better game

It probably is, but for me as a .eu citizen I don't have RB2 nor it's DLC - despite Harmonix's promises they still didn't deliver any goods.

I'm totally surprised this hasn't gotten any attention whatsoever, apparently everybody lives in .us and/or has changed the shop channel so that they can use RB2 + DLC.

I hope someone will make this better and make it able to e.g. import tracks from RB1 and track packs so I finally have a reason to buy those games.

Even importing the game is worth it for bypassing the wait, if you don't want to shop-change then the disc songs + hundreds of RawkSD imported songs should be enough for you
tongue.gif

I'm also kinda surprised at how poorly it was received, it's not *that* difficult to do compared to some methods of customs on various games/consoles. I mean, I at least expected one Youtube video of someone showing off real customs on GHWT...
Oh well, GHWT isn't the game I care about anyway. If someone does want to work on something like RawkSD for GHWT or even GH5, feel free to contact me and I can offer you plenty of advice.

basa said:
Uh, only on GBAtemp will you find people complaining that editing files directly on an SD card without even restarting the game is harder than doing that and then packing up the file in a different format, putting it in a different folder (/wad), and then launching a seperate homebrew application to install a song.

QUOTE(Omega Knight @ Aug 13 2009, 11:31 AM) No mention of nanook? Hmm. Congratz nanook and Aaron.
After how much I bothered him to update Queen Bee day after day... He definitely deserves a mention
tongue.gif

QUOTE(heavyd2003 @ Aug 12 2009, 10:55 PM)
Probably a codec issue, you can try installing the K-Lite codec pack. Either way, a bunch of pre-generated dummy biks are included with the latest version (same download), so just pick one that your song will fit in. It doesn't matter if the bik is a bit longer than the song actually is.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
drmarvin said:
Do we think there will be any support coming for Guitar Hero 5? The SDHC support would be a real bonus.

Just curious.
QUOTE(AerialX @ Sep 10 2009, 03:03 AM) Oh well, GHWT isn't the game I care about anyway. If someone does want to work on something like RawkSD for GHWT or even GH5, feel free to contact me and I can offer you plenty of advice.
I just don't have the time or interest to do it right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...