Envido32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
Long time ago I read that RawkSD3 was going to be able to use instruments from other consoles (eg. use a PS3 Guitar con Rock Band 2 for Wii). Is it true? Is it posible?

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys maybe you can help me out cause i dont know it anymore,

I have a wii (4.2e) a legit rock band2 (pal) and a ripped guitar hero world tour (ripped with rawksd on the wii) when I install a song on my sd or on my hdd rock band2 wont recognize the imported songs, the wii application is seeing my hdd and sd card. even when I try to play the songs over wifi rock band wont recognize the songs.

I even deleted ios37 and let rawksd reinstall the ios but it still doesnt work. so help
tongue.gif

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the entire "no pirated dlc" thing is kinda stupid. Are we supposed to believe that no one is using downloaded isos to import tracks from other games?

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
I think the entire "no pirated dlc" thing is kinda stupid. Are we supposed to believe that no one is using downloaded isos to import tracks from other games?
Pirated DLC is pirated DLC.

Imported songs may or may not be pirated.

It's not rocket science idiot.

If you don't like it, don't use the program and stop posting about it.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linkds said:
Where you do download of drum charts?

You can get them off ScoreHero, Frets on Fire, the wiki, or smaller outlets that I'm probably unaware of. Then, of course, there's the whole import library to choose from!

Envido32 said:
Long time ago I read that RawkSD3 was going to be able to use instruments from other consoles (eg. use a PS3 Guitar con Rock Band 2 for Wii). Is it true? Is it posible?

As far as I know that functionality is in the final release. NOTE: It does not support Xbox 360 controllers, keyboards, or the PRO Guitar (but that should all be obvious anyways).

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Jan 6 2011, 09:26 PM)

What Remfin said. The discussion point is moot. There is no reason to bring this up time and time again except as flamebait.
Looks like the D34DL1N3 has passed for this debate.
/crappypun

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remfin said:
It's not rocket science idiot.

If you don't like it, don't use the program and stop posting about it.

Hmmmm... someone seems awfully sensitive to others opinions. Did I say the program sucks, that I don't like it, or that I don't use it because of my opinion on DLC? Stop reading and commenting on things that aren't there. It was a simple opinion. If you don't like it, quit reading and stop posting about it.

QUOTE(SFenton @ Jan 6 2011, 02:07 PM) What Remfin said. The discussion point is moot. There is no reason to bring this up time and time again except as flamebait.
Looks like the D34DL1N3 has passed for this debate.
/crappypun

How original.
rolleyes.gif

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. It really bothers you THAT much, that you need to actually take the time to look through all 900+ of my posts to find something to link to? I feel special now! I'm pretty sure there are better things to do with your time... right???

It's evidently too difficult for you to figure out so I'll explain it in simple terms for you. I use RawkSD for imports and customs and uloader for the hundreds of dollars of "pirated" dlc that I already purchased when I had the PS3 version. I'm not paying hundreds more to buy them again on the Wii and you are more than welcome to your opinion on the matter. It just seems like you feel that others are not entitled to theirs, and for whatever reason it offends you.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wever said:
Posts merged

drmarvin said:
drmarvin said:
I'm not sure if it's something others have found, but when you rip GH3 with the app, then import, you don't get any difficulty levels, which means nothing shows up. I'll report this, but others may also find it. I haven't tested if adding difficulties actually makes them work (or even show up), but it seems like it would be a problem.

Hope this stops others from pulling out too much hair.

The excellent people in the IRC channel have helped me with this one. Apparently RawkSD (or more validly, Windows), doesn't like foreign characters in the files. You need to edit importdata\16.xml. Both "Blue Oyster Cult" and "Doppelganger" have irregular characters that make the import crap out. Changing these to the regular letters make the import go smoothly, with proper difficulty levels and album names.

Cheers
You mean all that is needed is change the word "Öyster" to "Oyster" and "Doppelgänger" to "Doppelganger" to fix everything? Even the other songs that don't have funny names?

Yes, this is what you need to do. I edited both of those, and the import went perfectly. I was about to through it out the window when they helped me with that. I discovered the problem about not importing the album names and difficulty levels, but I had no idea why. Aaron in the #RawkSD channel helped me fix it. Hope this helps others. Now the newly imported GH3 songs work fine, compared to not appearing, or freezing the game (like the RawkSD 2 imports I tried).

hpacheco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read in this thread something about:

QUOTE said:
Downloaded DLC files which you've purchased can be put on the SDHC card, HDD, or in the RiiFS folder you're using for customs and the game will read them as well. You could put illegitimate DLC in there too, it just won't show up or be playable.

What is the definition of "illegitimate" here? Isn't any song importable as a custom song? If you "illegitimately" obtain some DLC from the shop I guess they are the exactly the same as if you have purchased them.

Rebes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PrimeTime 84 said:
I having lag in some notes with drum when playing through RiiFS. More frequently with songs from Guitar Hero than with customs. No problem with other instruments.

How can I fix this?

Thanks for support!
yaypsp.gif

I'm having the exact same issue playing imports from rb and gh over RiiFS... Have a good connection to the wireless router 15 feet away and a floor below, which has gigabit connection to the computer running rawksd... It doesn't seem to be a problem with the network...

RB2 songs (Right from the disc) are working fine with the drums, but all the imports feel like the audio is out of sync. I've tried calibrating manually, calibrating automatically by hitting the drum (or pressing the A button on the drum) as well as auto calibration with the RB2 strat. None of these seem to help me with the imports. Funny though, all three methods of calibration give me completely different numbers...

Finally, playing the same songs on guitar is fine... doesn't seem to be any sync issues... I auto calibrated the strat, and then played the same song that seemed laggy on the drum, and it was fine on the strat.

Any ideas? I will try the SD card to see if I notice the same problem...

Great program btw... Glad I finally get a chance to try it out!

EDIT: Copied a bunch of the songs over to the SD card, and it all works perfectly now... I didn't recalibrate the drums between last night and trying it today, and when I go into the same songs loaded from SD, the calibration is almost dead on... I was able to get 98%+ on medium and hard on several of the songs... I would have been lucky to hit 70% last night. It might be a tiny bit off yet, but that's probably just my calibration... nothing like it was when playing over wifi. I tried songs exported from a few different games... RB1, Guitar Hero World Tour, Lego Rockband, Guitar Hero Metallica.... I also have a 320 GB hard drive that I will partition and load a bunch of songs onto... I'll see if I have any issues playing from that.

EDIT2: Set up the 320 gb hard drive with some partitions, loaded the songs onto the fat32 partition... Works perfectly from there... It seems to be narrowed down to a RiiFS issue for me... Not a big deal really for me, since I would rather play from the hard drive anyways... Just interesting to see these issues on the wifi...

R

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sperion said:
Hi guys maybe you can help me out cause i dont know it anymore,

I have a wii (4.2e) a legit rock band2 (pal) and a ripped guitar hero world tour (ripped with rawksd on the wii) when I install a song on my sd or on my hdd rock band2 wont recognize the imported songs, the wii application is seeing my hdd and sd card. even when I try to play the songs over wifi rock band wont recognize the songs.

I even deleted ios37 and let rawksd reinstall the ios but it still doesnt work. so help
tongue.gif

anyone?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
DJPlace said:
good job blocking the rip from disk option for us pirates guys.
You... want to rip songs from a burnt disc? Fail.

Do pirates just not realise that you can re-rip discs with a normal DVD drive? And/or that RawkSD supports ISOs?

even through i don't feel like saying this what i meant to say was this

you can't play rock band 2 with the burnt copy so that's why i'm saying this.

Grinto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed a minor bug in the current beta involving keyboard shortcuts. Ctrl+S is listed under 'Install to SD Card' and 'Export to RawkSD archive (.rwk)'. Pressing Ctrl+S only installs the selected files to SD.

irhxcbcziuzxs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having trouble installing non rock band Customs? Any time I try to install a GH Custom I get an error. If I transcode it, I get the error at beginning of installation, if I don't transcode it I get it at the end.

object reference not set to an instance of an object

jlv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rebes said:
I having lag in some notes with drum when playing through RiiFS. More frequently with songs from Guitar Hero than with customs. No problem with other instruments.

I'm having a related issue, I think. I notice my drums losing sync with the Wii -- blue light flashes and I miss a bunch of notes. It happens very often when I play through RiiFS (every 15-20s), and I found it less frequent (every 30s) when I play off the SD card. Finally, I found that if I power off the N router, it almost never happens when playing off the SD card (once per song).

I switched out my new wireless router (Trendnet TEW-639GR 300Mbps N) to my old one (old Belkin 7230v2 54G), and *almost*
all of the sync problems with the drums go away when playing over RiiFS - I can play over RiiFS, and it only loses sync once per song (or so).

Experimenting, I found that just having the N router turned on and in use (by some other computer) causes the drums to lose sync. I haven't tried (yet), but I suspect I'd see this happening when playing RB2 directly w/o RawkSD.

Anyone else seeing interference from an N router?

jlv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wife is bugging me to report this bug:

Non-pitched vocal notes in converted GH songs work on all difficulties except expert. She sings usually on expert and will always fail out on a GH song with an extended non-pitched section.

This bug is also present in RawkSD 2 conversions of GH songs. We just never realized what the problem was that caused her to fail out on some songs, until we started playing more GH songs, thanks to RawkSD3 lifting the storage problem (she hated having to switch SD cards, so we used to just keep to one 4G SD cards).

I'll take a look at the MIDI and see if I can tell what's causing the issue, but I just I'd report the problem first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c