Hacking RawkSD

Rebes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jlv2 said:
Rebes said:
I having lag in some notes with drum when playing through RiiFS. More frequently with songs from Guitar Hero than with customs. No problem with other instruments.

I'm having a related issue, I think. I notice my drums losing sync with the Wii -- blue light flashes and I miss a bunch of notes. It happens very often when I play through RiiFS (every 15-20s), and I found it less frequent (every 30s) when I play off the SD card. Finally, I found that if I power off the N router, it almost never happens when playing off the SD card (once per song).

I switched out my new wireless router (Trendnet TEW-639GR 300Mbps N) to my old one (old Belkin 7230v2 54G), and *almost*
all of the sync problems with the drums go away when playing over RiiFS - I can play over RiiFS, and it only loses sync once per song (or so).

Experimenting, I found that just having the N router turned on and in use (by some other computer) causes the drums to lose sync. I haven't tried (yet), but I suspect I'd see this happening when playing RB2 directly w/o RawkSD.

Anyone else seeing interference from an N router?

That's pretty strange... I haven't actually tried turning off the wireless N router... Or trying to go through another router... I have a purely wireless G router on the network too that I could try... I don't seem to have the issue when I play from USB or SD though. Is it possible it's the Wii's wifi system having trouble with the wireless N router, causing it to eat up CPU periodically? I wonder if you try turning off the network connection on the Wii and playing from SD or USB, would you see the issue then? Also, are you seeing the sync issue only on drums? It seems to be just drums for me... when I try the guitar, it works fine...

R

francescnogales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Gugered said:
One question, if I'm running DarkCorp will this version of RawkSD work?

No. It requires an unpatched IOS37, and you need a legitimate disc.

But IOS37 don't read sdhc, and don't read usb hdd, if ios37 is unpatched, why RawkSD works with sdhc and usb hdd?, if rawksd don't work with cios249 or cios222 why can make this?

One moth ago i can play with my dvd RB2, i don't have darkcorp, but since i play Rawksd first time i can't play with my original dvd RB2, when i go to play with it, i can read a message with "press eject, error detect... bla bla .... " i don't understand.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
francescnogales said:
SFenton said:
Gugered said:
One question, if I'm running DarkCorp will this version of RawkSD work?

No. It requires an unpatched IOS37, and you need a legitimate disc.

But IOS37 don't read sdhc, and don't read usb hdd, if ios37 is unpatched, why RawkSD works with sdhc and usb hdd?, if rawksd don't work with cios249 or cios222 why can make this?

One moth ago i can play with my dvd RB2, i don't have darkcorp, but since i play Rawksd first time i can't play with my original dvd RB2, when i go to play with it, i can read a message with "press eject, error detect... bla bla .... " i don't understand.

Because Riivolution uses IOS37.

linkds

Trophies
XP
Country
ppl i have this problem:

I do download of some customs from the same author and some songs and other songs freeze the gamne when game is loading, the songs work's fine on fof but on rawk sd it freezes the game, i'm using a HDD for rawk sd but i dont no if HDD is the problem or not, because other songs works great...Someone know a solution for this problem??

Ty for help =)

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linkds said:
ppl i have this problem:

I do download of some customs from the same author and some songs and other songs freeze the gamne when game is loading, the songs work's fine on fof but on rawk sd it freezes the game, i'm using a HDD for rawk sd but i dont no if HDD is the problem or not, because other songs works great...Someone know a solution for this problem??

Ty for help =)

Did you check "Fix for Quickplay"?

irhxcbcziuzxs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When Ripping GHWT from my wii. All the songs and artists are in caps and there is no pack name set. It installs fine, but I cannot find the songs from GHWT with the other ones. I also cannot add a pack name, as it is greyed out as are most of the other options. Any solutions known?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irhxcbcziuzxs:
In the Rawksd PC folder, check the subfolder with the import xml files.
I know that GH3 has a problem where the double dot in the letter "O" in "Blue Oyster Cult", causes Rawksd to igonore the file and not apply the metadata to that game's song.
There may be a similar problem with GHWT. Find the xml file for it and look for any suspicious characters. If you find any, change it to something more standard.

JMFangio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I guess support for GH Warriors of Rock is not finalized in the current public beta ? The usage guide lists it as supported, but the Wii app does not recognize my disk. I have not tried making an ISO and trying to import from the PC app, however (mainly because I'm clueless about how to make an ISO from a Wii disc...)

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JMFangio said:
I guess support for GH Warriors of Rock is not finalized in the current public beta ? The usage guide lists it as supported, but the Wii app does not recognize my disk. I have not tried making an ISO and trying to import from the PC app, however (mainly because I'm clueless about how to make an ISO from a Wii disc...)

The Wii app will not rip it. The PC app supports an ISO of it.

pmetbbg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about the RawkSD pc software. when importing songs, it puts the default RawkSD cover for some of the RB track packs and the GH games. I'm assuming I can get them from one of the many WiiTDB downloads. But does the size/shape matter?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pmetbbg said:
question about the RawkSD pc software. when importing songs, it puts the default RawkSD cover for some of the RB track packs and the GH games. I'm assuming I can get them from one of the many WiiTDB downloads. But does the size/shape matter?

Can't do custom album art, it'll crash the game/the program doesn't support it.

Peache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A question to the creators of RawkSD, is there a possible chance of allowing importing of songs from Rock Band 3 and allowing Legaly purchased Rock Band 3 DLC to work on RawkSD? I myself, like the on disc setlist and the new DLC (Billy Joel, The Doors and Beegee's). If working on Rock Band 3 is out of the question, are you willing to do this or is it possible?

chrislive08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Peache said:
A question to the creators of RawkSD, is there a possible chance of allowing importing of songs from Rock Band 3 and allowing Legaly purchased Rock Band 3 DLC to work on RawkSD? I myself, like the on disc setlist and the new DLC (Billy Joel, The Doors and Beegee's). If working on Rock Band 3 is out of the question, are you willing to do this or is it possible?

its possible to have customs on rb3 but i don't think rawksd is going to support it. i have tried and made a few customs by replacing song audio from other rb songs but i got stuck at making my own custom bik/mogg. it's doable but it's not really easy.

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I take my sdhc card with rawksd on it, and rockband 2 disc over to a friends house, can I use it on my friends hacked wii or will I have to do everything from scratch on his?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Peache said:

No. There's a new stem (keys) as well as different MIDI/charting standards that aren't compatible with Rock Band 2.

QUOTE(Binxy @ Jan 13 2011, 08:16 PM) If I take my sdhc card with rawksd on it, and rockband 2 disc over to a friends house, can I use it on my friends hacked wii or will I have to do everything from scratch on his?

Should be able to, though your legitimate DLC will not be playable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: and nvidia is already doing ARM