RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RE4zombie said:
Okay, so what is an .rba file. Some YouTube videos I was watching of custom DLC had download links to the song with this extension instead.
RBA's are the packaged Audition files produced by compiling a custom in MAGMA, intended for use with an RBN-ready Xbox 360. RawkSD 3b can read them, if you're not in the beta then do a Google search for MahoppianGoon's Rock Band DLC Tools which can extract the contents of RBAs.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
@RE4zombie

What kind of a name is that? In RE4 it was explicitly stated they weren't zombies
tongue.gif

Gohan3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so can any of the Beta testers let us know if most of the issues of the old beta have been fixed or not? Might give us an idea of how much longer we need to wait for the public release.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
The beta's bugs page is usually as up-to-date as possible, as that page is pretty much the only bug tracker they have. The betas they've been putting out expire each month as a way of forcing them to put out new builds at least that often, meaning they should have had a new one out on Wednesday, but AerialX has been busy, so they'll have a new one out "soon" (maybe this weekend), so check back and see what changes.

francescnogales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why to do a program for the RB2? The RB3 is out, with the same songs that RB2, and support for sdhc.
You make an obsolete program (Rawk3) for a dead game (RB2)
Think about the future:
- Rawk3 with support for RB3
- Rawk3 with support for sdhc, usb, and dlc GH.
- Rawk3 free for all people.

But you are not intelligent:
- Rawk3 only for 70 persons.
- Without support to RB3.
- Deprived for a select group of friends who wait that we (out of the group) think what they do not leave us to try.

Score:
Rawk -2 _____ RockBand3 +3

jas20

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tueidj's opinion on Rock Band 3: http://gbatemp.net/t165332-rawksd?view=fin...t&p=3269491

Agreed, RB3 sucks compared to RB2. Microphone requires replugging every song, USB occasionally fails, disc setlist and lack of RB1+LEGO imports sucks (I'm far off 1000 songs but knowing it's there sucks). I'm perfectly fine with my vocalist and drummer swapping to correct the gender, but I hate that only 3 band members can appear at the same time in a quickplay/tour camera shot, and video venues are freaking horrible. I also don't care for the video splashes (easily removed).

A tiny bit of good news: with Riivolution you can replace the HDR file to redirect video venues to regular venues... But instruments don't appear and characters don't move (except for camera change positions, lipsync, and eyes). I'm a crappy script-kiddie modder and so I have yet to find out why this happens with only video venues (e.g. a festival replaced with a big club venue doesn't do this).
Note: Not tested online, stability with instruments/animations + 5 tracks is unknown.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
francescnogales said:
- Rawk3 with support for RB3
I concur with all of tueidj's statements regarding RB3. Its sole advantage is in correcting the memory leak that makes RB2 crash (although RB3 is not without problems itself).
- Rawk3 with support for sdhc, usb, and dlc GH.
Rawk3 does support SDHC and USB and works great with RB2 DLC. While I do enjoy some of the GH DLC (An Endless Sporadic three-song medley ftw), the number of people who actually have GH DLC is comparatively few and there's no way to support it without making an exploitable hole for pirates.
- Rawk3 free for all people.
It's currently in closed beta but will eventually be open to all. The beta test sign-up was freely available for over a month, so it is no one's fault but your own if you missed out.

Clearly.
- Rawk3 only for 70 persons.
More like 30.
- Without support to RB3.
See reasons above/prior posts.
- Deprived for a select group of friends who wait that we (out of the group) think what they do not leave us to try.
I really don't understand this statement. If it's a complaint about the closed beta, see above.

Score:
Rawk -2 _____ RockBand3 +3 _____ Manchester United 1

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since Harmonix has admitted they knew about most of the RB3 bugs but went ahead and released it anyway, I refuse to work on anything that might encourage people to buy it.
If you didn't buy it, I think you got what you paid for already.

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
jas20 said:
disc setlistwhy do people bring this up at all? if you don't like the disc setlist at all you can import rock band 2's.
QUOTE said:
and lack of RB1+LEGO imports sucksthey said they're working on those. that was like a month ago, however.

no, they just don't like rb3. intelligence has nothing to do with it. i like rock band 3 better than 2 but i completely understand why some people would hate it. hopefully your repeated complaining makes them release a public beta of rawk3 and also convinces them that they should ditch rb2, i'm sure it's going to work
yay.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like Rock Band 3 better too, but the fact remains that 2 is superior in the ways that matter. And I dislike their new charting mechanisms so sticking with 2 makes me feel warm and happyish, sort of ish.
tongue.gif

pinkhyori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what about for the people that like the new DLC?
frown.gif

i'm terrible and like Bon Jovi and Bee Gees.

ok i'll go hide in a corner now.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't get me started on the fact that if you've already bought some DLC and they release an upgraded version with keyboards, your old purchase is worthless and you have to buy it again.

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
Don't get me started on the fact that if you've already bought some DLC and they release an upgraded version with keyboards, your old purchase is worthless and you have to buy it again.
except the old version is not worthless

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nightshad0w said:
pinkhyori said:
what about for the people that like the new DLC?
frown.gif

i'm terrible and like Bon Jovi and Bee Gees.

ok i'll go hide in a corner now.

The new DLC wad crack 6th gen is already out....and working fine!

Um... what?

He's implying that he'd like to play customs alongside RB3 DLC, which is incompatible with Rock Band 2. In no way, shape or form is he asking for the piracy tools, and bringing them up in a thread where piracy is looked upon quite negatively is rather pointless.

?_?

Choflux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont really get the hate for RB3, IMO it is superior in every way to RB2, navigation is easier, the engine is better, native sdhc support, everything loads faster, more customisation, options for issues that RB2 had, and needless to say the keys and pro additions for every instrument, just everything is better, it puts RB2 to shame, and so far i haven't had any problems with it, neither glitches.
And come on, the song upgrades not being free is a given... i will go stupid for a minute and say its the same as expecting RB3 for a discount if you bought RB2.

The only thing that makes me sad about the Rawk devs refusal to support it, is that i cant play customs on it, since with the native SDHC support, it will take me a while to fill my 32gb card.

I hope Aerial eventually decides to support it, i can imagine the things "custom pro guitar" would do for the wii version of Rockband 3 as a tool, and if not for that, at least support it just for the standard customs and import options, which was RAWKs purpose in the begining.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never said I expected the upgrades to be free. But I did expect to be able to buy the upgrades without having to purchase "RB3 versions" of songs I already own (which btw effectively makes the keyboard "upgrades" more expensive than the pro guitar/bass alone).
Of course it probably doesn't matter to you, seeing as you don't pay for your DLC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo