titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
tueidj said:
1000 song DLC limit
beats rb2's 2gb sd card limit

the only thing that bothered me about rb3 was the lack of tug of war/score duel because i used those a lot in rb2 (only for vocals), but the keyboard, pro drums and new dlc made up for it.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vexing said:
amazing that someone who has spent the last year working on a rock band 2 app is able to find so much wrong with rock band 3...
while my response in no way, shape, or form is meant to imply that i can make any sense out of what you are saying up there, i will toot my own horn and say that even i, as a non-dev, was also able to find those problems within rb3.

think of them as being sorta like easter eggs, that arent hidden.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
vexing said:
amazing that someone who has spent the last year working on a rock band 2 app is able to find so much wrong with rock band 3...
while my response in no way, shape, or form is meant to imply that i can make any sense out of what you are saying up there, i will toot my own horn and say that even i, as a non-dev, was also able to find those problems within rb3.

think of them as being sorta like easter eggs, that arent hidden.

And they're rotten cus they've been sitting there since LAST Easter
tongue.gif

nightshad0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My only concern for now is.....to make RB3 recognize my costum in cRBA like it recognize the sZAE sZBE sZCE sZDE sZEE and export them as dlc. There must be be a way to do it, and pretty sure that's not to hard.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
If it was really that easy don't you think it would have been done by now? :wtf: It's not that simple. Why do you think Rawk3.0 has taken so long? These things don't just fall into our laps, they take a lot of hard work, and that takes time. And motivation, which is why I wouldn't hold your breath. If the RawkSD devs aren't going to support RB3, there isn't going to be RB3 support. I honestly don't know of anyone else with the ability to pull off that kind of work who is even remotely interested in trying.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
If it was really that easy don't you think it would have been done by now? :wtf: It's not that simple. Why do you think Rawk3.0 has taken so long? These things don't just fall into our laps, they take a lot of hard work, and that takes time. And motivation, which is why I wouldn't hold your breath. If the RawkSD devs aren't going to support RB3, there isn't going to be RB3 support. I honestly don't know of anyone else with the ability to pull off that kind of work who is even remotely interested in trying.
Pretty much this.

*cue wave of script kiddies begging for source code so they can make it RB3-compatible/piracy-friendly*

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Heh, right... this is the same community that bows to somebody who goes by the moniker Hairyballsagna... seriously... that's frakked up.

And btw, if the RawkSD devs weren't against piracy, loading pirated DLC would be child's play for them, and you wouldn't even have to wait 10 minutes for it to load, either. That's the only "benefit" you would get from open-sourcing the project besides opening the beta to the public. Anybody who thinks they can genuinely contribute to the coding of this program is either already doing so, doesn't care to, or is an idiot. So I can guarantee that you're never going to see this open-sourced.

nightshad0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
qwertymodo said:

It is already done for XBOX 360, it's just a question of signature check.

madillma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys should really add RB3 support, then you don't have to worry about all the complaints from DLC pirates.
smile.gif

The thought of playing all my RB1 and Lego RB songs (plus a couple GH songs I miss) in RB3, man I'd pay some decent cash for that. The imports (if ever supported) will cost $20 anyway.

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
madillma said:
You guys should really add RB3 support, then you don't have to worry about all the complaints from DLC pirates.
why should they care about the complaints of some users? if they don't like rb3 there's not exactly a lot to do about it

KuzcoIOY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to make my own customs but the RawkSD page doesn't give enough info about making them. Anyone give me any help? I am an originals musician with all my own masters and would love to make our songs playable on rock band for me and my bandmates.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KuzcoIOY said:
I would like to make my own customs but the RawkSD page doesn't give enough info about making them. Anyone give me any help? I am an originals musician with all my own masters and would love to make our songs playable on rock band for me and my bandmates.

Two options:
1) Try HERE and click on "Docs".
2) Show me a vid and if I like I'll chart. I always enjoy charting with multitracks- I feel that there's a greater payoff.
tongue.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KuzcoIOY said:
I don't have anything but an MP3 and the Midi files at the moment, and is this only for xbox 360? I don't have that, only a wii.

RawkSD is for Wii, but the charting standards are the same for all consoles (make the MIDI, and it works for 360/PS2/Wii).

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
RE4zombie said:
What is the file extension for the final custom songs that you will install?

.rwk files are package files containing the chart, the metadata and, if included, the audio. These are packages only used by the RawkSD PC app as a distribution package. When you import them into RawkSD, it unpacks the files and you no longer need the .rwk.

When you export the files to your SD card for actually using them, you end up with .bin files and .dtb files (except they omit the extension for the .dtb's). The .bin files are the exact same as the ones used by normal DLC, except they are fakesigned. They're basically encrypted U8 archives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro