Hacking RawkSD

faustt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a start to finish guide for making customs for use with Rawk SD? I've been looking into it and havn't run into anything explicitly for RawkSD. The only complete guide I found was for injecting customs onto the disc itself.

I get the basics of charting and syncing music etc... I understand I need to convert the chart to a midi file. I'm kinda lost after that though. I'm guessing the audio has to be in a specific format. Same with a directory structure and file names.

So has anyone written a start to finish guide for Rawk SD custom creation? GBAtemps search isn't helping me much.

Bonus points! Can anyone recommend a good charting app for Linux? I'm not too thrilled by the feel of EOF, but I could get used to it with time I guess. Ideally I'd like to do everything in Linux if possible. I can always add Windows back to my multiboot reluctantly if I have to.

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, long time and no post...

Well, this is probably late news but Harmonix released the info, setting RB3 to be out on 26th October 2010.

Do we have any chance of seeing Rawk 3.0 released before that?

I sincerely hope the devs don't lose interest and cancel the project now that it seems to be so close to a final release...

So, what's the current plan on Rawk's future ?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
They definitely have not lost interest in this. Good things come to those that wait. And those who beta test
wink.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SSJ4-Cassis said:
Hi guys, long time and no post...

Well, this is probably late news but Harmonix released the info, setting RB3 to be out on 26th October 2010.

Do we have any chance of seeing Rawk 3.0 released before that?

I sincerely hope the devs don't lose interest and cancel the project now that it seems to be so close to a final release...

So, what's the current plan on Rawk's future ?

I'll bet it's out, or at least in beta, before then. Don't lose that hope, I guess.

Oh well, 2 GB cards rock, right?
biggrin.gif

angruss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? No one's said anything yet? It's fun to be a beta tester. It's quite a nice update. The FOF support is nice, if problematic at times (Charter's fault, not Aaron's). The intense SIZE of the update is massive. 400 something songs load no problem. Speed is massively faster than 2.0. Sorting by source works BEAUTIFULLY. This is basically the best thing to ever happen to me, so far as video games go, as I recently found out I wouldn't be able to afford RB3 for a while.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
angruss said:
Really? No one's said anything yet? It's fun to be a beta tester. It's quite a nice update. The FOF support is nice, if problematic at times (Charter's fault, not Aaron's). The intense SIZE of the update is massive. 400 something songs load no problem. Speed is massively faster than 2.0. Sorting by source works BEAUTIFULLY. This is basically the best thing to ever happen to me, so far as video games go, as I recently found out I wouldn't be able to afford RB3 for a while.
What's the fun of teasing them if you're gonna be up front about it?

Anyone who frequents the IRC knows about the closed beta (this means closed beta, if you're not on the list you literally cannot use the app). You non-participating slackers can wait til it's out to actually find out what's in it, but let me promise that it's worth the wait. It's amazing and nothing like it has ever been done before.

tl;dr HOLY SHIT I HAVE A THOUSAND SONGS AND NOTHING'S CONNECTED TO MY WII

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Finnulf said:
Hurray for exclusion and territorial pissing.
megazig said:
yay for people not helping test the leaderboard feature when it was being worked onPretty much this. I think it was said multiple times in this thread that you need to test the leaderboards to be included in the beta. Way to fail.

QUOTE(DJPlace @ Jul 27 2010, 09:11 PM)
cut the makers of rawksd a break!! god when it's out it's going be out!!
Odd that you're the one coming to their defense, but thanks for the warm fuzzies.

The devs have imposed a tentative self-deadline which I dare not reveal lest some cosmic accident causes it to take longer (but it shouldn't).

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
tried the beta and i am impressed; the feature that automatically makes complete charts for any mp3 of your choosing is amazing, and being able to pick between guitar hero and rock band quality for the charting is a nice bonus

unknownsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
Finnulf said:
Hurray for exclusion and territorial pissing.QUOTE(megazig @ Jul 27 2010, 09:16 PM) yay for people not helping test the leaderboard feature when it was being worked on
Pretty much this. I think it was said multiple times in this thread that you need to test the leaderboards to be included in the beta. Way to fail.

lol I didn't get the beta, either I didn't test early enough or because I'm uns211 on RB2. doesn't matter much since I haven't been able to play due to college prep and whatnot.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unknownsoul said:
lol I didn't get the beta, either I didn't test early enough or because I'm uns211 on RB2. doesn't matter much since I haven't been able to play due to college prep and whatnot.
If your name is on the list (which it is) and you submitted the scores earlier than, say, a week ago, then you actually are on the beta. The link can be found in the IRC channel. They didn't actually hunt down everyone and PM them the link; the list is just used to determine which Wii console ID's are permitted to use the app.
EDIT: according to the devs, you're in the beta. Congrats. Go try it if you'd like.

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
unknownsoul said:
If your name is on the list (which it is) and you submitted the scores earlier than, say, a week ago, then you actually are on the beta. The link can be found in the IRC channel. They didn't actually hunt down everyone and PM them the link; the list is just used to determine which Wii console ID's are permitted to use the app.
EDIT: according to the devs, you're in the beta. Congrats. Go try it if you'd like.
Yeah I too was also on the leaderboards (CTK) and never got it. Then again, I haven't been on IRC in a while (I gotta remember to go more often).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: