Hacking RawkSD

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AANYONE have the offsets for official DLC?
anyone know how to find an offset in a .mid file easily?
getting frustrated here :S

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopi...tart=30#p386822

worked great for syncing midi's and MP3's

If u search FRETS ON FIRE for ROCK BAND DLC ull find a zip with ALL the midis in it, enjoy
smile.gif

Roy911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heathcliff said:
Roy911 said:
Heathcliff said:
AerialX said:

Why isn't Rawkboard announced in the first post? This app seems very good! Just one thing, why can't I see the score for the song creep for RB1? I've tried both IDs "creep" and [rb1]creep and couldn't get any score for any instrument! Is this normal? Or I just misunderstood what this app is supposed to do?

Anyway, both RawkSD and Rawkboard need a good site with a neat download section, clear tutorials and a news section. It would be better and more convenient that this forum IMO.
Oh and BTW, do you think it would be possible to make a Wii build of Rawkboard?

Hmm, weird. I can see the scores for Creep, you're number 9 Guitar, and number 1 bass.

Rawkboard needs to be finished before anything, and I don't know how to code for the Wii, so if it does happen, it's not coming from me.
tongue.gif
Yeah I can see it too 1st on bass (not my best score I think it hasn't been refreshed yet); 9th on guitar and 1st on vocals! I have to get better at playing the Guitar ^^

EDIT: it's been refreshed now this is my best score ^^

Good to hear.
tongue.gif

Unfortunately, Rockband.com is down right now and Rawkboard can't access any scores..

Also, I forgot the leaderboard system is built into the game, why bother with Rawkboard for Wii?
tongue.gif

Extras -> Leaderboards

stq19rbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
you must run the included IOS37 patcher
Sorry for being dumb, there's things I don't understand...

Which version of IOS must be installed into the Wii in order to be patched ? IOS37-64-v2070 ? Or a cIOS37 rev X ?

rednano12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stq19rbl said:
QUOTE said:

Which version of IOS must be installed into the Wii in order to be patched ? IOS37-64-v2070 ? Or a cIOS37 rev X ?

Just run the included RawkSD patcher. That is the only patch you need.

stq19rbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rednano12 said:
stq19rbl said:
QUOTE said:

Just run the included RawkSD patcher. That is the only patch you need.
Well... Not so sure.
I've got the "unable to recover song to Wii" error.

But I made the step mentionned above. Which is supposed to work.
QUOTE(ClockWorK @ Jul 11 2009, 04:09 PM)
1. Install patched IOS37 as IOS 232.
2. Use SoftChip set to IOS 232 to load a burned version of RB2.
3. Enjoy customs.

I only have a backup disk (EA, go release European version of Rock Band 2 whenever you want...).

If IOS37 is installed as IOS232, RawkSD patcher should patch IOS232 ?

Is there a way to load RB2 backup with customs ?

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way that the PC app can create a file with the info that the patcher would need, then if there have not been any changes, the Wii could patch the save file? It would just mean that you wouldn't need the PC if there haven't been any changes with customs, just legit DLC downloaded.

Just an idea that I know would be convenient.

Thanks

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Will we ever be able to choose what part of the song we want as the preview? For some songs the preview is almost completely quiet except for a few bass drum or hi-hat hits and it's almost impossible to identify the song from hearing just the preview.

PK2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can, at least when creating a new custom. =)
Just underneath the place where the MP3 is uploaded, it has something like "Song Preview Between".

elmerohueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robotic Earthling said:
Will we ever be able to choose what part of the song we want as the preview? For some songs the preview is almost completely quiet except for a few bass drum or hi-hat hits and it's almost impossible to identify the song from hearing just the preview.

It's already in there. When you create a custom is has fields to specify start and end time of the preview.

tw3nz0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robotic Earthling: Disc previews have been fixed a few builds ago.

There's a new build up, and I'm surprised AerialX hasn't posted anything about it.

QUOTE said:
For the curious, here's as much of the changelog that I can remember...
- Previews now fade in
- Previews are louder and fixed for RB1-engine imports
- Guitar Hero 1 (and 2, 80s) are importable (ark files must be read off of a PS2 disc)
- Better tagging info for all importable discs
- More miscellaneous fixes for custom charts
- The Wii RawkSD Installer installs much faster than before
- And probably a lot more that I forget

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
New build up again.
RawkSD v1.08 Download

Farily large changelog here, a lot of things are fixed. Let's see what I can remember...
Code:
 - Previews now fade in
- Guitar Hero 1 (and 2, 80s) are importable (ark files must be read off of a PS2 disc)
This means that you should be re-importing your RB1 and GH2/GH80s discs if you want the tag information to be correct. Delete the imports before importing again if you want the fixed previews.

Some people may also notice a new Donate button in the Help menu. I've been asked about taking donations, so I figured I'll give you guys a way to donate if anyone likes RawkSD enough
smile.gif

(Any donations received will go toward things like my ongoing hosting costs, domain renewals, and such)

Enjoy!

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Havent tried the new build yet, but havent been able to get a single custom working on drums/vocals yet, they all freeze. Everything works great on guitar
Could someone mention a custom song they have got working on drums and ill go find it and check im not doing something wrong.
Cheers

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Roy911 said:
Also, I forgot the leaderboard system is built into the game, why bother with Rawkboard for Wii?
tongue.gif

Extras -> Leaderboards
LOL yeah you're right I just didn't know the custom songs were added to the leaderboard too! But now I understand how pointless a Wii build of rawkboard would be.

Anyway; great job with this new build of RawkSD! I just noticed that files in the Rawk folder on my SD card were just like basic DTA files... Can I edit them by hand and by any chance try to get CD Art to work?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
New build up again.
RawkSD v1.08 Download

Farily large changelog here, a lot of things are fixed. Let's see what I can remember...
Code:
 - Previews now fade in
This means that you should be re-importing your RB1 and GH2/GH80s discs if you want the tag information to be correct. Delete the imports before importing again if you want the fixed previews.

Some people may also notice a new Donate button in the Help menu. I've been asked about taking donations, so I figured I'll give you guys a way to donate if anyone likes RawkSD enough
smile.gif

(Any donations received will go toward things like my ongoing hosting costs, domain renewals, and such)

Enjoy!

Just a suggestion, on the first page of this thread, it would be nice if you posted the release dat next to the word "Download" a well as a version number and maybe a changelog. This would make much easier for people to see if they need to update or not.

Anyway, great app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...