Trophies
Website
devriley.10gbfreehost.com
XP
Country
Canada
Heathcliff said:
stickmasta said:
Ok i have successfully got some customs into rock band 2, (Stairway, Canon Rock, TTFAF) but i cant get FOF drum charts to work. is there any way to get FOF drum charts to work? or am i screwed?
Did you check the "add empty drum track" box? It won't empty up your chart it will just add an extra audio track so trying to play the drums won't crash your game.
FoF Drum charts don't care for that too much, the game still freezes while loading the song.
I dunno if anyone's figured out how to get around it yet.

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having trouble playing their Guitar Hero III : Legends of Rock disc songs?
It always crashes for me at the loading screen for some reason, and that includes custom imports from ripped discs.

Anyways, just want a confirmation that everyone else is experiencing this problem as I am.
It is ironic that my Guitar Hero: Aerosmith songs actually run fine on RB2 even though they are the same format. Wonder why??

doctorfaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heathcliff said:
doctorfaust said:
Vocals can be charted just fine. If you are tone deaf it's tough, but if you have musical experience and are already familiar with the notes and have had ear training before (so you can tell musical steps by listening to them) then it's pretty easy. And it's nice that you only have to do one chart for vocals instead of 4 difficulties for the other instruments.

The only twist is you have to add notes on 105 and 106 (A9 and Bflat 9) to cover the player 1 and player 2 phrase divisions. If you don't put these in the game can't find where to split up the phrases and it will freeze on load.

I have musical experience and it's still hard for me but, whatever, let's use a premade MIDI file
tongue.gif

As for A9 and Bflat 9, those are the face-off sections, right? can I just make a big note that lasts the entire song and it will work?

Heh well yeah, any premade MIDI will help... as long as whoever made it got the tempo exactly right. They don't always.

Those are both the face off sections as well as the phrase divisions. You can put several notes on 105 (for instance) in a row, if you want. Each note will delineate a phrase. You can proooooabbly just make a big note but then you'll end up with a song that's only one phrase long. (There might be a maximum phrase length that would cause the game to crash, dunno). Your best bet is to just split the song up as best you can. You don't have to put phrase markers over sections of the song that don't actually have any vocal notes.

stickmasta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fat Slaughter Bad said:
Heathcliff said:
stickmasta said:
Ok i have successfully got some customs into rock band 2, (Stairway, Canon Rock, TTFAF) but i cant get FOF drum charts to work. is there any way to get FOF drum charts to work? or am i screwed?
Did you check the "add empty drum track" box? It won't empty up your chart it will just add an extra audio track so trying to play the drums won't crash your game.
FoF Drum charts don't care for that too much, the game still freezes while loading the song.
I dunno if anyone's figured out how to get around it yet.
then where do i get drum charts from?

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HisshouBuraiKen said:
AerialX said:
NOTE: RawkSD does not work when Rock Band 2 is loaded with recent cIOS releases, which means no USB/SD loaders (yell at waninkoko; it's not our fault).

Perhaps you should explain WHAT he needs to be "yelled at" about, or make your problems known to him and/or hermes so that they can fix it in future releases of their cIOSes. Some of us DO use USB loaders for the convenience rather than piracy.

This is the problem:

rb2dlcbug.png

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crezwell said:
ccfman2004 said:
I don't know if this was mentioned, I think it was, but I am not sure.

I have noticed that songs that use special characters like "ü" in "California Über Alles have a problem where the "Ü" is shown as a "?" so the song reads "California ?ber Alles.

Can this be fixed?

Any word on Album art? Rock Band 2 does use it. Has the format been figured out?
To change Characters from Disc Imports, import into RawkSD, highlight the song in "Local Customs" list and then select edit from the customs drop down.

As far as im aware official DLC doesnt have Album Art on the Wii.

I tried that but it seems character such as "Ü" cannot be used. This is probably a bug in RawkSD. I can change anything else.

ty123aolcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
ty123aolcom said:
OncleJulien said:
ty123aolcom said:
I have followed the steps correctly but i'm still having a problem. RB2 tells me i can't use my sd card and the sd card mode is disabled. What is the problem?
is it sd or sdhc?
It is a 1gb sd card.
its not locked, right?

No, but i think i know what the problem is. RawkSD keeps crashing on my laptop. Any way to fix this?

sew_2025

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this error when importing some FoF charts. What should I do?

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at lolwutax.q(j A_0, h A_1)
at lolwutax.a(lolwutaq A_0)
at lolwutbz.a(Object A_0)
Source: RawkSD
Site: Void q(j, h)

at lolwutax.q(j A_0, h A_1)
at lolwutax.a(lolwutaq A_0)
at lolwutbz.a(Object A_0)

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent the day playing around with this tool and dumping and importing my discs. And I can say that everything works as it should. I was able to import GH3, GHA, RB1 and all of its track packs, and made a few customs myself from some FOF charts. Hell, even GH1, GH2, and GH80s songs work with the right files, even though you're only going to be able to play 1-2 instruments.

Also, using Audacity I was able to merge .ogg files and combine FOF instrument tracks, so that each works as it should. When you miss a note, that instrument stops playing. This way, I've also avoided any crashing issues. Additionally, I've never had to add an empty drum track. Mine have worked without it, and many of the FOF songs I've used with the custom creator even came with the appropriate animations, no need so far for the quickplay check box (unless of course I'm using GH charts).

All in all, an awesome tool. And no complaints at all on my end. I was skeptical at first, but this has well exceeded any of my expectations.

The only minor detail I've yet to completely work out or understand is the volume and balance settings for the individual instrument tracks. Typically, the customs I've imported have 8 channels - 2 for each instrument, a left and right, for stereo sound I suppose. By default, the volume is -2, the balance 0, and the core -1. I know the team said we can ignore the last, but has anyone found any standard settings for the other values?

For example, a value for each instrument that makes it sound balanced. Say, guitar parts at -3, bass at -4, vocals at -1, etc.? With the default -2 values for every channel and instrument, it doesn't always sound balanced, and it's a lot of trial and error to judge that by ear, going back and forth from the Wii to the computer.

Also, for those importing, you may want to find a listing online to verify the album, artist, genre, and recording date information. I found a handful of mistakes when I went back through to verify the automated process. Just a few adjustments needed there, but I like for things to be as accurate as possible. If it helps, there's a searchable database on the RB website that gives all that information, including difficulty ratings.

And speaking of tier/difficulty ratings, how is everyone factoring those consistently? Are you just guessing?

*EDIT* For those using FOF charts (particularly those with unedited-notes.mid), how are you handling the various channels? A normal RB track is divided as such:

Rock Band Channel Structure:
Channel 1: Drums
Channel 2: Drums
Channel 3: Drums
Channel 4: Drums
Channel 5: Bass guitar
Channel 6: Guitar
Channel 7: Guitar (together, these forms a kind of stereo)
Channel 8: Vocals
Channel 9: Everything else

Obviously, with this program it isn't necessary to use all 9 channels, but does it make a difference in quality? Does it matter, for example, that my drums are only on two channels rather than four? And do the real DLC files actually even use all four? If so, why?

Also, why does the bass only use one channel? If you import an .ogg into Audacity, there's two channels there, so why not keep both instead of merging them into one?
And finally, is there something I can do in Audacity to normalize the volume across the individual channels so that I wouldn't have to mess with those settings in RawkSD? If so, I could bypass that problem altogether...

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ccfman2004 said:
crezwell said:
To change Characters from Disc Imports, import into RawkSD, highlight the song in "Local Customs" list and then select edit from the customs drop down.

I tried that but it seems character such as "Ü" cannot be used. This is probably a bug in RawkSD. I can change anything else.

I think it's a bug in RB2 itself. I don't think RawkSD will re-write the midi file for each song when importing from RB1 though some characters are missing in French and German songs (New Wave, Manu Chao, Hier Kommt Alex) this means RB2 can't display those characters. If you want this "fixed" you'll have to replace your "Ü" with a "U" without the accent.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heathcliff said:
ccfman2004 said:
crezwell said:

I think it's a bug in RB2 itself. I don't think RawkSD will re-write the midi file for each song when importing from RB1 though some characters are missing in French and German songs (New Wave, Manu Chao, Hier Kommt Alex) this means RB2 can't display those characters. If you want this "fixed" you'll have to replace your "Ü" with a "U" without the accent.

Then why do those characters show up properly when viewed from official DLC/Track Pack songs?

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shinster said:
Ok. I run the rawksd patcher and it gave me a code dump error. Any ideas guys?

I got that too. Then I ran it again and it got past that, but ended abruptly. Third time was the charm, it ran all the way through and said "Press Home to exit". And it worked.

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ExLex said:
This is the problem:

rb2dlcbug.png

Nice drawing!
smile.gif

This is the one last thing that would make life perfect (or my Wii anyway).
smile.gif
One of the big reasons I wanted USB Loader in the first place was to copy my games, especially RB2 and GHWT which I play the most, onto a hard drive to save wear and tear on my DVD drive. Without DLC working, it's pretty useless playing those. I can still play GHIII, GH:Metallica, GH:Smash Hits, so all is not lost, but man, RB2 and GHWT with DLC would be the Holy Grail.

snesmaster40

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I've found one problem with the RawkSD installer (the one you in HBC). The app leaves the Wii in mono mode and the only way to restore the sound is to reset the Wii. Can this be fixed?

Thekirby45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snesmaster40 said:
Oh I've found one problem with the RawkSD installer (the one you in HBC). The app leaves the Wii in mono mode and the only way to restore the sound is to reset the Wii. Can this be fixed?
I was wonder why the sound quality decreased every time I add a new song

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
snesmaster40 said:

Good catch. I am not enough of an audiophile to have noticed that (even though my TV output goes through a receiver).
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...