wii55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
wii55 said:
In preparation of RAWK3.0 and wanting to add country songs as customs, I've been playing around with TheGhost and AerialX's RiiGHOST.dll. Many, many thanks for this dll Aerial.

Most of the country songs I've been able to get the charts for from Score and Frets only have one of the difficulties charted. I use TheGhost with the RiiGhost.dll to auto chart the rest of the difficulties. Then I use my original GH3 disc with Riivolution and the songs work great.

My question is ... Is/will there be an import function to import the files created from the RiiGhost.dll into RAWK?
example of files
slowride.dat.ngc
slowride.wad.ngc

If I import the Fret charts the way the RAWK PC app is now, I only get the one difficulty.

If there is a better way to auto chart the other difficulties that can then be imported into RAWK, please let me know. Many thanks.

If you put it into the GH3 ISO, it would be able to import fine. On its own, though, I don't think RSD supports that format.

I did, however, find this tool, written by one of the authors of TheGHOST. You may find it helpful.

You can see the usage guide here: Usage Guide

Tell me if it works well, I'm kind of interested.

I've used ACE in the past month and again this morning. Here's the steps I've taken.
1) Started with a FOF folder including guitar.ogg, notes.Midi and song config settings
2) Load notes.mid file in Feedback
3) Save chart in Feedback (this converts midi to a .chart file)
4) Load chart file in ACE
5) Choose Algorithm "Basic Rules"
6) Click on Single (this processes all difficulties and creates notes_ace.chart)
7) Rename to notes.chart
8) Load notes.chart in Feedback (just to see all difficulties are there, they are, ACE WORKS)
9) Put guitar.ogg and notes.chart in a subdirectory
10) Open RAWKSD v3.00 beta PC app
11) File, Open folder, select folder and Rawk brings in the files
12) Songs, Install, SD Card
13) Gets about 3/4 complete then this error
RawkSD Error! Object reference not set to an instance of a object
14) Error log
RawkSD started at 9/1/2010 2:36:35 PM
RiiFS C# Server is now ready for connections on 0.0.0.0:1616
RiiFS C# Server is now ready for connections on 0.0.0.0:1617
[9/1/2010 2:41:21 PM] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[9/1/2010 2:41:21 PM] at ew.a(ah A_0, f3 A_1, bn A_2)
[9/1/2010 2:41:21 PM] at gu.a.a(bn A_0)
[9/1/2010 2:41:21 PM] at fr.b()

I'm not asking for the developer's of RAWK to answer this since I'm not part of the beta testers. Just supplying info SFenton requested.

I'm working on creating an ISO with TheGhost to then import into RAWK as you suggested. My problem with that is I keep getting an error during TheGHOSTWiiIsoTool setup phase.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wii55 said:
SFenton said:
wii55 said:
In preparation of RAWK3.0 and wanting to add country songs as customs, I've been playing around with TheGhost and AerialX's RiiGHOST.dll. Many, many thanks for this dll Aerial.

Most of the country songs I've been able to get the charts for from Score and Frets only have one of the difficulties charted. I use TheGhost with the RiiGhost.dll to auto chart the rest of the difficulties. Then I use my original GH3 disc with Riivolution and the songs work great.

My question is ... Is/will there be an import function to import the files created from the RiiGhost.dll into RAWK?
example of files
slowride.dat.ngc
slowride.wad.ngc

If I import the Fret charts the way the RAWK PC app is now, I only get the one difficulty.

If there is a better way to auto chart the other difficulties that can then be imported into RAWK, please let me know. Many thanks.

If you put it into the GH3 ISO, it would be able to import fine. On its own, though, I don't think RSD supports that format.

I did, however, find this tool, written by one of the authors of TheGHOST. You may find it helpful.

You can see the usage guide here: Usage Guide

Tell me if it works well, I'm kind of interested.

I've used ACE in the past month and again this morning. Here's the steps I've taken.
1) Started with a FOF folder including guitar.ogg, notes.Midi and song config settings
2) Load notes.mid file in Feedback
3) Save chart in Feedback (this converts midi to a .chart file)
4) Load chart file in ACE
5) Choose Algorithm "Basic Rules"
6) Click on Single (this processes all difficulties and creates notes_ace.chart)
7) Rename to notes.chart
8) Load notes.chart in Feedback (just to see all difficulties are there, they are, ACE WORKS)
9) Put guitar.ogg and notes.chart in a subdirectory
10) Open RAWKSD v3.00 beta PC app
11) File, Open folder, select folder and Rawk brings in the files
12) Songs, Install, SD Card
13) Gets about 3/4 complete then this error
RawkSD Error! Object reference not set to an instance of a object
14) Error log
[9/1/2010 2:41:21 PM] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'm not asking for the developer's of RAWK to answer this since I'm not part of the beta testers. Just supplying info SFenton requested.

I'm working on creating an ISO with TheGhost to then import into RAWK as you suggested. My problem with that is I keep getting an error during TheGHOSTWiiIsoTool setup phase.

Run the chart through Chart2Mid. I've had problems with an FoF install to SD and I know at least one other person has had this issue as well. Just select the MID/guitar.ogg as you would normally.

And what's the error with TheGHOST?

wii55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a memory error at the very end of the process. I'll run it again, it takes about an hour.

error message

TheGHOST :: Wii ISO Tool - v0.16 / v0.47
OS: Windows XP Professional (X86) 5.1.2600.131072 - Service Pack 2
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at Nanook.TheGhost.MainForm.MaxPartition(String isoFileName, Int32 partNo)
at Nanook.TheGhost.MainForm.replaceDataPartition(Int32 songsToAdd, Boolean addNonCareerToBonus, Boolean removeBossBattles, Int32 bonusSongs, Int32[] tierSongs)
at Nanook.TheGhost.MainForm.btnPrepIso_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
wii55 said:

Nothing like debugging a dotfuscated crash report
tongue.gif

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i brought up the problem of FoF songs not installing to the SDcard from Rv.3 pc app in IRC and was told its a bug that needs fixing.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
qwertymodo said:
vegemikee said:
Will adding album art to customs work? Because I've read previous posts about them working for 5 minutes or so until the game itself crashes. If that's the case, why is the option available in the RawkSD3 PC app? Just wondering....

Nope, it's just there in the PC app for no apparent reason. I asked if it was for XBox DLC exports and tueidj said no because it was converted into a Wii-only format...
blink.gif

So yeah, not sure why they have that there...
Hm... I've added album art to some customs I've installed locally via Rawk3. There isn't an option to delete them. Will the album art info be transferred to the game, or is it just to make the PC GUI all pretty

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
vegemikee said:
qwertymodo said:
vegemikee said:
Will adding album art to customs work? Because I've read previous posts about them working for 5 minutes or so until the game itself crashes. If that's the case, why is the option available in the RawkSD3 PC app? Just wondering....

Nope, it's just there in the PC app for no apparent reason. I asked if it was for XBox DLC exports and tueidj said no because it was converted into a Wii-only format...
blink.gif

So yeah, not sure why they have that there...
Hm... I've added album art to some customs I've installed locally via Rawk3. There isn't an option to delete them. Will the album art info be transferred to the game, or is it just to make the PC GUI all pretty

As AerialX said, it isn't imported to the Wii, but it is included if you export your custom to XBox 360 DLC (or probably .rba as well) or FoF folder.

Dr Awesomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably a silly question, but I'm not prepared to go through 181 pages to see if it's been resolved. Besides, this thread hasn't moved in days, so maybe this'll cause some healthy disruption.

I Keep getting the Out of Date Error whilst using the Rawk2 Wii to install my customs (*Le Gaspe!*)

Now now, here me out. I did a little research, and this seems to be happening to a lot of people using a custom IOS to run their game. Also, anyone on 4.3 firmware might have troubles cause the patcher doesn't patch IOS37 properly.

However, I am using a legit RB2 NTSC disc on my 4.2U Wii, and the problem persists. I tried formatting and reinstalling on several different cards, but despite the Rawk2 Wii app's claims of a successful install, it's quite the opposite.

Assistance is much appreciated. RB2 just isn't the same without customs, and I'd like to be able to play them again while I anxiously wait for Rawk3.

thanks in advance

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So hey, guys. Has anyone successfully gotten RawkSD 3 beta format songs to work with the RawkSD 2 Wii app? I tried the whole DopMii thing and it just gave me a "Unable to copy to the Wii memory" error. I have like 400 blocks free on my NAND.

I'm not sure why this is happening. It worked fine with the RawkSD 2 imports. I've heard reports of it working which is why I'm curious.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Dr Awesome: the problem is with the patcher: it just updates IOS37 to the latest version. Unfortunately, rawksd doesn't work with that version (though it still needs a clean IOS37 in that slot). You should use a program like dop-mii to download and install an older version of IOS37...v3869 will suffice.
smile.gif

Dr Awesomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wever said:
@Dr Awesomo: the problem is with the patcher: it just updates IOS37 to the latest version. Unfortunately, rawksd doesn't work with that version (though it still needs a clean IOS37 in that slot). You should use a program like dop-mii to download and install an older version of IOS37...v3869 will suffice.
smile.gif

Ah! Supreme advice. Thank you very much, you'll be happy to know that the "Out of Date" Error is an item of the past!

However... (Duhn duhn DUHNN!) ...we have a whole new league of an issue...well, not really.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the tracks will still not...erhm.."go".

The error is as follows: "[Custom] cannot be restored to wii system memory"
Well i'll be damned...

If it consolidates the isuue, I didn't use DOP-Miii to install the old IOS. DOP-Mii was pretty fascinated with installing an IOS36, and wasn't privy to the idea of letting me change it. So, I decided to download and pack the version of IOS you suggested above to a WAD using NUSDownloader (gotta love it), and install it as such.

Perhaps this is the problem? If so, I don't suppose I could ask for a breif explanation as to how to get the required resources (DOP-Mii, in this case?) to work the way I need them to, no?

I could probably figure it out myself over a time period of "X", but that'll have to wait until I get home tomorrow. This'll be the first place I look before I do so, however. That having been said, any assistance is good assistance.

Thanks again, and in advance

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dr Awesomo said:
Wever said:
@Dr Awesomo: the problem is with the patcher: it just updates IOS37 to the latest version. Unfortunately, rawksd doesn't work with that version (though it still needs a clean IOS37 in that slot). You should use a program like dop-mii to download and install an older version of IOS37...v3869 will suffice.
smile.gif

Ah! Supreme advice. Thank you very much, you'll be happy to know that the "Out of Date" Error is an item of the past!

However... (Duhn duhn DUHNN!) ...we have a whole new league of an issue...well, not really.

Well i'll be damned...

If it consolidates the isuue, I didn't use DOP-Miii to install the old IOS. DOP-Mii was pretty fascinated with installing an IOS36, and wasn't privy to the idea of letting me change it. So, I decided to download and pack the version of IOS you suggested above to a WAD using NUSDownloader (gotta love it), and install it as such.

Perhaps this is the problem? If so, I don't suppose I could ask for a breif explanation as to how to get the required resources (DOP-Mii, in this case?) to work the way I need them to, no?

I could probably figure it out myself over a time period of "X", but that'll have to wait until I get home tomorrow. This'll be the first place I look before I do so, however. That having been said, any assistance is good assistance.

Erm...just to be sure: that IS a typo, right? I was talking of IOS37...IOS36 is best left alone.
I did forgot to mention that when installing it through dop-mii (v12 at that time), I was advised to say yes to all the patches (what was it? trucha, ES_identify and a third one). Perhaps that has something to do with it?

@grrkodiak: a forwarder, you say? Hmm...no. Sorry. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of rawksd3...but not that eagerly that I'm going to install a forwarder without having the homebrew.
tongue.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Unfortunately not. I noticed an announcement in this thread some time ago, but it was for NTSC users only. I heard there were PAL testers now too, but I missed that announcement.

Oh, well...I don't mind. I haven't grown tired of v2 yet.
smile.gif

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Dr Awesomo said:
Wever said:
smile.gif

Well i'll be damned...

The reason you need to use DOP-Mii is that you still need to PATCH the IOS before you install it. Installing from a clean wad will not work. You just installed a clean IOS. And DOP-Mii patches IOS36 first in order to let itself do what it needs to do. If you don't like that then just wait for Rawk 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it