ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wii55 said:
Are there any major issues that have come up during beta that require additional programming / debugging?

Yeah, there's a few here and there; some missing kick pedals and cymbals in some charts, some program errors (pack changing), etc.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
wii55 said:
Are there any major issues that have come up during beta that require additional programming / debugging?

Mostly with the PC app, which means they won't get fixed until Aaron gets back. The only issues I've had on the Wii side are intermittent freezing issues.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
Mostly with the PC app, which means they won't get fixed until Aaron gets back. The only issues I've had on the Wii side are intermittent freezing issues.
Mostly freezing issues from me. From what I understand, these may be related to memory issues with the Wii version of RB2. Using more of the hardware's memory in-game for things such as Rawk3 hacks, large numbers of custom bandmate characters, or (surprise) one bajillion songs in the song list seem to cause the freezes to occur more often.

The missing bass notes on Ex+ drum charts is also kinda annoying but I'm guessing it'd be a quick fix.

grrkodiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have rip all the Rock Band and Guitar Hero with Rawk SD 3, ensuring that i do not have any duplicate songs between all of them and my DLC and never experienced any freeze. The only thing we get once in a blue moon is the game gets a little jittery when we play the bass and guitar at the same time. We usually make setlist between 15 to 25 songs, depending how my wife feels that night, and played through most of them without jittering. All the songs are plyed from a USB drive.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I assume this has been looked at before, but I can't find anything about it. I know you can import and GH discs, but will there ever be a way to port GH DLC over so I can just have everything (except THRB) all in one?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drmarvin said:
I assume this has been looked at before, but I can't find anything about it. I know you can import and GH discs, but will there ever be a way to port GH DLC over so I can just have everything (except THRB) all in one?

NO NO NO! A THOUSAND TIMES NO! (No digs at you or anything, I just finished watching the Roast of David Hasselhoff, and I looooooove that part.)

You will never be able to import DLC with this tool, ever.

Envido32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
SFenton said:
drmarvin said:

NO NO NO! A THOUSAND TIMES NO! (No digs at you or anything, I just finished watching the Roast of David Hasselhoff, and I looooooove that part.)

May I ask why never ever?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Envido32 said:
SFenton said:
drmarvin said:

May I ask why never ever?

It would enable DLC piracy, which no one wants to get into.

Trust me, I would love to be able to play my DLC on a better vocals engine. But think about it:
1) Rawk rips are unencrypted with... anything, and could be easily shared, more easily than WADs
2) Each GH DLC is encrypted with a key (something like that)
3) It's just too much work to add support for a function that would cost developers money and would only allow something that the RawkSD does not condone.

I'm not a dev, but I'm fairly certain at least one of those points is the leading factor behind it.

It's just pointless to ask; regardless, it won't happen. If someone figures out the format well enough to get MIDIs out, have a ball. But you won't get anything from RawkSD.

EDIT: Yeah, I was wrong on something. It's still not being supported.

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or just download them from the frets on fire forum if you want them that badly. i'm fairly certain they have the split audio tracks.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, DJ Place. Calm yourself. I was just curious, mostly because I'd love to have all the songs that I have LEGALLY PURCHASED in one game.

I can understand if it's an issue as mentioned before, but really, you kind of over-reacted there!!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drmarvin said:
Hey, DJ Place. Calm yourself. I was just curious, mostly because I'd love to have all the songs that I have LEGALLY PURCHASED in one game.

I can understand if it's an issue as mentioned before, but really, you kind of over-reacted there!!

hmph.... i thought you were asking for something but i misjudged oh well.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The other thing I was wondering is if all DLC can be put on USB instead of the SD card. I'm not sure if it would work if there was an SD card in at all, since it always tries to backup to the card, but it would give more space for real DLC.

Thanks

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drmarvin said:
The other thing I was wondering is if all DLC can be put on USB instead of the SD card. I'm not sure if it would work if there was an SD card in at all, since it always tries to backup to the card, but it would give more space for real DLC.
Rawk v3 allows you to store legit DLC with your installed customs, whether that's on an SDHC, USB, or via RiiFS. You'll have plenty of space for your RB2 DLC.

Dr Awesomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having some issues with the PC app that came out. I've heard word from on this thread that imports via this app will still work via a Rawk 2 Wii installer, and that's awesome...But here's the problem..

I've went ahead and installed a coupla my discs locally. Lego Rock Band, and Green Day Green Day Rock Band, among others.
After having installed them to SD card, I take it from my computer and try the install on my Wii. No luck.

Why?
I checked the SD card, and although the program had created a "rawk" folder, it's contents were void. (That is to say, there was nothing in it.)

Why is this? And how can I go abouts fixing it? (This applies to the discs that also worked with Rawk 2 PC app...)

Also, how does the R3 PC app know where my SD card is, if it never asks for a directory? Wouldn't there be a problem if I have 2 removale disks in simultaniously?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Here's one thats even better. https://youtu.be/Wx5HOQuP7Xk +1