Hacking RawkSD

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Mrk, I agree. I just felt like explaining the technical reasons why it won't happen, and also, the bigger the block of text, the slightly higher the chance that someone might actually read it instead of just asking the same question again... maybe...

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you guys explained why GD:RB does not sound up to par as with other imports such as Lego or and GHs?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
fubka said:
Have you guys explained why GD:RB does not sound up to par as with other imports such as Lego or and GHs?

I find a lot of the LRB songs to be the same (one of the most prominent examples would be Bring Me To Life... it sounds like mud)

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
It's a different sampling rate and RB2 only uses linear interpolation for resampling (GDRB uses a 4-tap filter).
That sounds like it.

Although I was playing GD:RB (actual game) and noticed some audio quirks even before importing

The high frequencies are definitely cut out from the resampling or something.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've kept up with this thread and I've done as suggested, but I can no longer get RawkSD 2.02 to work with my Wii. I've tried installing IOS37 using DOP-MII with using patches and without using patches. I've tried letting riivolution get IOS37. I've tried everything and every time I try to play a custom song I get an out of date error. I even tried reformatting the SD card and that made no difference. I will include a report I obtained from DOP-MII as perhaps that may help, but I for the life of me cannot get RawkSD customs to work. I am running SM 4.2U, cios rev20, and I have bootmii as boot2 and priiloader (latest beta) installed.

Here is my report: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?su2ytmdcn2o5coo

I hope someone can help me?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
Ok, I've kept up with this thread and I've done as suggested, but I can no longer get RawkSD 2.02 to work with my Wii. I've tried installing IOS37 using DOP-MII with using patches and without using patches. I've tried letting riivolution get IOS37. I've tried everything and every time I try to play a custom song I get an out of date error. I even tried reformatting the SD card and that made no difference. I will include a report I obtained from DOP-MII as perhaps that may help, but I for the life of me cannot get RawkSD customs to work. I am running SM 4.2U, cios rev20, and I have bootmii as boot2 and priiloader (latest beta) installed.

Alright, let's try and make this simple. Riivolution/Rawk3 run on a CLEAN/UNPATCHED IOS37, whereas Rawk2 requires a PATCHED IOS37. So the Riivolution IOS won't work, also the RawkSD patcher won't work because it tries to patch the latest version of IOS37 which doesn't work with patches. So, long story short, here's what you want.

DOP-Mii
IOS37 v3869
Apply all patches
If there are ANY errors, it didn't work, report the error number here and we'll figure out what's going on.
Be sure to run the RawkSD installer

Other things to consider:
I've heard reports that songs installed using the Rawk3 PC app work with Rawk2, but I have not tried it myself so I would suggest sticking with the Rawk2 PC app until you at least get customs running, then you can try playing with the Rawk3 PC app.
Also, start with a clean SD card (delete the whole sd:/rawk folder as well as sd:/private/wii/DATA/cRBA)
Rawk2 DOES NOT WORK WITH SDHC/USB

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@qwertymodo: I followed your instructions and it really didn't help me much. I installed IOS37 v3869 and applied all patches. I ran the RawkSD installer. I made sure to use a clean SD card. I did all of that and the most I could manage was to get a free DLC song to play which I couldn't even do that before, but still RawkSD customs will not work at all! Every time I get the out of date error.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
Ok, I just have to ask. Are you using a legit disc via the Disc Channel?

Also, what SM version?

DaFees said:

Again that's System Menu 4.2U (just in case I failed to make it clear enough the first time)

QUOTE(tueidj @ Aug 25 2010, 02:38 AM)
Are you starting the game from the disc channel?
What preloader hacks do you have enabled?

As for priiloader hacks, IIRC, I have only the auto press A and disable on-disc updates hacks enabled. For the record do I own a legit copy of the game, and sometimes I boot it from the disc channel to see if it makes a difference (doesn't), but usually I just use the option from with CFG USB loader to boot the DVD/Game which per my understanding is just as if I had booted it from the disc channel.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't speak for the cfg loader method. I do however know that customs do work via USB loader if you are using Hermes v5(.1) base 37. For the purposes of testing and asking for help here, loading a pressed disc from the Disc Channel is the only way anyone can really know what to expect...

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just assumed that booting a legit disc (not a back up, mind you!) from within CFG USB Loader was the same as actually booting the disc from the disc channel on the Wii Menu. Speaking of which I did try earlier this morning booting the disc from the actual disc channel and not CFG and doing so made no difference. The RawkSD customs still refuse to work and give me an Out of Date error. Legit DLC does work though. I haven't tried running a back up (.iso rip) of the game from CFG but I doubt that would make any difference.

Gohan3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
qwertymodo said:
I've heard reports that songs installed using the Rawk3 PC app work with Rawk2, but I have not tried it myself
Just to add another name to the list of people confirming Rawk3PC works with Rawk2 Wii app, they work fine for me.

Its nice to finally be able to play my Band Hero Songs on Rock Band, eliminating the need to use the stupid cymbols.

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
I just assumed that booting a legit disc (not a back up, mind you!) from within CFG USB Loader was the same as actually booting the disc from the disc channel on the Wii Menu. Speaking of which I did try earlier this morning booting the disc from the actual disc channel and not CFG and doing so made no difference. The RawkSD customs still refuse to work and give me an Out of Date error. Legit DLC does work though. I haven't tried running a back up (.iso rip) of the game from CFG but I doubt that would make any difference.

Format your SD card again, install your songs with the RawkSD PC apps.

Go the Wii and delete the Save game of RawkSD in the Wii Management data savegame and reinstall your customs with the RakwSD Wii apps. Start the game with a legit disc and test that...

I know tueidj wi tell me that's not going to be a difference but try it, it cost nothing to try...
yaywii.gif

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
The loader isn't using IOS37, rawksd+cios = fail.

Not always... as I said, if the cIOS is Hermes v5 base 37, it works. But DaFees, for now while you're debugging just run it through the disc channel and at least get that working, the more you change the way it's loading the less predictable your results will be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although @SylverReZ my throat feels normal now