Hacking RawkSD

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the spreadsheet but I think it would be much more helpful and/or easier to read if it was just a list of all songs from all of the games, and next to the titles - list which game is the best to import that song from. Or even better, have a separate column for each game that lists the songs you should import from it.

DaeronR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it seems we will be able to enjoy RawkSD 3 very soon (kudos to the developers)

In preparation I have some questions:

I reserved a 50GB FAT32 partition in my HDD for the songs I could import from the games and customs and I would like to know if the new version will detect it right away or some kind of software will be needed (or if I need to start looking somewhere else to store them...)

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
DaeronR said:
Well, it seems we will be able to enjoy RawkSD 3 very soon (kudos to the developers)

In preparation I have some questions:

I reserved a 50GB FAT32 partition in my HDD for the songs I could import from the games and customs and I would like to know if the new version will detect it right away or some kind of software will be needed (or if I need to start looking somewhere else to store them...)

All you will need is the latest, UNPATCHED IOS37. But RawkSD will install it for you automatically if you don't already have it. And yes FAT32 is what you need, as NTFS will not be supported.

Atruejedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey fellas. I just imported all of my disc images in RawkSD 3.0 beta and I am getting an error on some of the songs. This is the error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: One of the identified items was in an invalid format.
at at.ac(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RawkSD
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jamison/Desktop/Stuff/RawkSD%203.0%20Beta/RawkSD.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I just got this error and pasted it here when trying to edit the genre of the NIN song from the first track pack. I also got the error from the Rock Band 1 disc for Mississippi Queen by Mountain in particular when I went to edit the genre of the song. I right clicked and selected edit and that error popped up. I had the option to Continue or Quit. But I couldn't edit the genre even if I continued; it wouldn't save the info. And just to make it clear, it wasn't only these two songs... so I'm not sure what my issue is
frown.gif

Here comes the REAL problem. I decided to delete Mississippi Queen and try to re-import it from the disc image... but I can't seem to figure out how! If I open the ISO again, the song does not appear anywhere! Help!

Edit: And if it helps more... when I try to re-open the RB1 disc image, the following errors are pasted into the log for, apparently, ALL songs:

[8/19/2010 4:38:07 AM] Could not import Are You Gonna Be My Girl from the Rock Band Wii disc.
[8/19/2010 4:38:07 AM] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'redacted\RawkSD 3.0 Beta\temp\u0k13f2n.jko' is denied.
[8/19/2010 4:38:07 AM] at dm.a(f3 A_0, b8 A_1)

[8/19/2010 4:38:07 AM] at f3.b(b8 A_0)

[8/19/2010 4:38:07 AM] at ed.a(ah A_0, b8 A_1, bn A_2)

[8/19/2010 4:38:07 AM] at ed.a(String A_0, ca A_1, bn A_2)

I get a similar error when I try to "Create" from the Songs header... just experimenting. Here's hoping some of this helps
smile.gif

Edit: Sorry tueidj! Just trying to help. I will try to delete my post.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is a closed beta, we are taking feedback via IRC or the wiki from the selected group of testers. If you want to use the program anyway that's your choice, but please don't clog this thread with bug reports about it.

D

Deleted User

Haven't used RawkSD in a while, actually haven't played any games in a long time. Just getting back to stuff including Homebrew and a lot has changed over the last few months. I updated all my Hack Mii stuff with their newest versions to get this new USB2 compatibility, which also necessitated the official System Menu update to 4.3. Also patched IOS 249 to the latest (version 20 I believe) and also have to reinstall some other custom IOS (222 and 223 at least) but that's not what this is about. I was in the process of testing a lot of my games and fired up the ol' RB2 disc to check on my customs. The game loads, the SD card loads (customs I currently have are mostly RB1 and a TP I think), and I can even browse my full song selection. When I went to play a custom song (Mississippi Queen for completion's sake) it gave me the error "could not load into system memory."

My first troubleshooting step was to fire up the RawkSD patcher and try to reload that, assuming the system update did some stuff to certain IOSs. Well, twice tried the patcher and it just gives me "installer fail!" For fun's sake I tried to run the customs installer again and it unceremoniously failed as well, which I expected at that point.

Any guidance on what I can do to get my customs back? Thanks in advance.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silly question but when rawk sd 3.0 and i have dark corps and i play the legit version of rock band 2 will other games that i have back up won't be able to play?

D

Deleted User

SFenton said:
*Sigh*

Dop-Mii v12
Use IOS 249
Get IOS37 v3887 or whatever
Install all patches
Profit
SFenton, thanks for the bullet list, as begrudgingly it seems you wrote it. Basically you're saying just reinstall IOS37? Since you're not being very specific on the the version I take it that doesn't matter. Does Dop-Mii actually download the IOS to install? Or do I have to use something like NUS downloader to do that?

Thanks for the help.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
DJPlace said:
silly question but when rawk sd 3.0 and i have dark corps and i play the legit version of rock band 2 will other games that i have back up won't be able to play?
its only a silly question if you say it out loud.

if you not going answer the question then don't bother to type at all to this.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bananaslug79 said:
SFenton said:
*Sigh*

Dop-Mii v12
Use IOS 249
Get IOS37 v3887 or whatever
Install all patches
Profit
SFenton, thanks for the bullet list, as begrudgingly it seems you wrote it. Basically you're saying just reinstall IOS37? Since you're not being very specific on the the version I take it that doesn't matter. Does Dop-Mii actually download the IOS to install? Or do I have to use something like NUS downloader to do that?

Thanks for the help.

Dop-Mii will download it for you.

And I only say it begrudgingly because I and many others have mentioned it so many times already.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
and if youre not going to take the time to pose your questions in english, dont post them in the first place.

lets break it down, shall we?

silly question

we're off to a bad start already, arent we? but its not like you didnt warn us.

but when rawk sd 3.0

feels like we need a verb in there, doesnt it? when rawksd what, exactly? hovers? fellates? hits puberty?

and i have dark corps

after marine, dark is one of my favorites corps, btw. anyhoo, these two things are fairly unrelated, 'cept maybe having installed such software on your wii, you might have fuxxored the legit ios that rawksd and rb2 use to make your simple life worth living, but i cant imagine thats really the concern for the devs of rawksd.

and i play the legit version of rock band 2

which i'm sure, as a darkcorps user, you most assuredly have in your possession.

will other games that i have back up won't be able to play?

this is where your ponce train mercilessly goes right off the rails kid, and its mostly about that will and that wont in the same sentence - not only is it a grammatical nightmare, but thematically it fails to resonate as well. how on earth would an installation of rawksd have any effect at all on your ability to play your back ups on your dark corps? its like you the thread, the entire thread.

listen, i know you are excited about rawksd 3, i'm excited about rawksd 3, some guys in another thread are so damn excited about rawksd 3 that they are willing to steal, hexedit, and suffer through 15 minute load times just to emulate its capabilities, but you are just gonna need to be patient and wait, like everybody else. posting your ill-conceived and poorly constructed flights of fancy in this thread aint gonna make it be released any faster, and no one can help you with any problems that you dont even have yet if you dont develop some language (not to mention people) skills, sport.

D

Deleted User

SFenton said:
Dop-Mii will download it for you.

And I only say it begrudgingly because I and many others have mentioned it so many times already.
SFenton, cool. I'll give this a go today. Sorry if you feel you are answering the same questions over and over. I do keep up with this thread with daily digests from GBAtemp, but answers to the question "I lost mah IOS 37, what do I do?" tend to not stand out when it doesn't yet apply to you. Hey, now I know and can maybe answer the next one for you!

Thanks.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
DJPlace said:
and if youre not going to take the time to pose your questions in english, dont post them in the first place.

lets break it down, shall we?

silly question

we're off to a bad start already, arent we? but its not like you didnt warn us.

but when rawk sd 3.0

feels like we need a verb in there, doesnt it? when rawksd what, exactly? hovers? fellates? hits puberty?

and i have dark corps

after marine, dark is one of my favorites corps, btw. anyhoo, these two things are fairly unrelated, 'cept maybe having installed such software on your wii, you might have fuxxored the legit ios that rawksd and rb2 use to make your simple life worth living, but i cant imagine thats really the concern for the devs of rawksd.

and i play the legit version of rock band 2

which i'm sure, as a darkcorps user, you most assuredly have in your possession.

will other games that i have back up won't be able to play?

this is where your ponce train mercilessly goes right off the rails kid, and its mostly about that will and that wont in the same sentence - not only is it a grammatical nightmare, but thematically it fails to resonate as well. how on earth would an installation of rawksd have any effect at all on your ability to play your back ups on your dark corps? its like you the thread, the entire thread.

listen, i know you are excited about rawksd 3, i'm excited about rawksd 3, some guys in another thread are so damn excited about rawksd 3 that they are willing to steal, hexedit, and suffer through 15 minute load times just to emulate its capabilities, but you are just gonna need to be patient and wait, like everybody else. posting your ill-conceived and poorly constructed flights of fancy in this thread aint gonna make it be released any faster, and no one can help you with any problems that you dont even have yet if you dont develop some language (not to mention people) skills, sport.

well excuse me!! i want someone that makes rawksd 3 to answer not some one like mr adolf gammar nazi like you to post that's too much for me to read. a simple yes or no would of been fine. i'm just asking for anyone of the testers that use's rawksd 3 that use's dark corps. not you so if i get smart ass respond from you i will post this thread full of the most nasty picture you will ever seen you have been warned bucko you have been warned!!

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace: to answer your question legitimately, RawkSD 3.0 will require you to use a clean IOS37 and will offer to install said IOS for you, necessitating the replacement of the CORP'd IOS37. Your other CORP'd IOSes will not be affected, so any pirated game that runs under those will load as usual. However, any game which normally runs under IOS37 (RB2 and several others I can't be bothered to look up fall into this list) will not work as a backup since IOS37 will not be pirate-enabled.

As an addendum, I would encourage you to do research and have a better understanding of what you are doing to your Wii when you install programs, especially programs as crude and intrusive as DARKCRAP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think you only get like 425gb on a series s hard drive, so you get 1, 2 next gen games max
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, so you need to have another series s if you wanna play more games?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh you buy extra HD n add to it, but not cheap
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, how can a console have more than 1 hard drives?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    usb expansion? I know the PS4 can do this
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh Yea I recall my PS3 can do that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Modded ofc
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Speaking of my PS3 i havent downloaded any games yet bc my wifi is too slow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and also because blackouts here are very common and that could damage the console
    Do you have a surge protector or an UPS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but to play the next gen games, you must have those games on internal, or buy the official ssd expansion cards, which are expensive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, dunno what each one of those are
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, my PS3 was already modded when my dad bought it for me and my brother
    A surge protector is a device that protects your electronics from fluctuations. I recommend having your console plugged into one of those
    An UPS is even better because it has an internal battery that keeps your system on even if the power goes out, but it's much more expensive obviously
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh i recall seeing one in some in the houses of some relatives, including my dad's apartment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, although whatever device we plug into them stops getting power anyways lol
    that's weird
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, and oh i was talking about ups
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    No not that one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Surge protectors are what i was talking about
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yea I got confused for a bit
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty literally juan:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the series s/x you can use a external HD but any next gen games must be on your internal ssd, or you can buy a ssd expansion card, but pricey. Any xbone, 360, or og Xbox games can be played from external tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Series §€×
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Series §€×