Rate the song from the poster before you

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
2.5/5 Diamondhead's original is still the better version by far, though I would say they are distinctly different and I don't like Metallica's edgier and grittier take on the song.

Jon Hopkins - Vessel

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Portions of that I like, as far as instrumentals go anyway, but other parts did less for me. Would make fantastic backing music though.

Seasick Steve - Down On The Farm

I tried to find a single song from him that did well and that is what I came up with. I highly encourage those that are curious to put on an entire set from him (looking around youtube there are more than there are single songs), Glastonbury this year being a great example.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.5/5 Not really my style of music, but I wouldn't be repulsed by it if it came on the radio.

I recommend listening to this with a good pair of headphones:

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Portions of that I like, as far as instrumentals go anyway, but other parts did less for me. Would make fantastic backing music though.

Funny thing is it's actually featured on a game with the same name which I've never played before.

For above post, 3.5/5 Don't think earphones actually matter when youtube quality is atrocious, though ambient music does sound more beatuiful on good earphones with a good and wide sound stage.

Opeth - The Moor A little bored of posting electronic music. THE defining Opeth song for me; the epitome of prog death.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
3.5/5 Primus sucks

Volor Flex - Lost Memory This guy is sort of a Burial rip-off, but he's pretty good and Burial has plenty of rip-offs anyways since he's so influential in Future Garage/Post-Dubstep.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will claim to be a fan of Primus even though I would struggle to name more than five songs, zero albums and zero names of members (though to be fair the latter I would have trouble doing for bands I listen to all the time).
Can't say it had as nice a hook as some of their best known stuff and but I enjoyed it none the less. Looking at those involved I may have to go back and listen to antipop properly though.

The Rumjacks - An Irish Pub Song

Not sure if I agree with the sentiment but I do find it an amusing song.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I try not to do back to back songs but I like it when this thread ticks along.

So that is what that song is called.
I appreciate effects and such like as much as anybody that grew up listening to rage against the machine. Sadly it does precious little for me as a whole.

GG Allin - I Wanna Eat you Out
Suffice it to say it is not safe for work (not that much of anything GG Allin ever did was), indeed just having it ping across your company firewall/proxy as you clicked on this thread has probably got HR drafting your firing notice as we speak. At least you know it was probably one of the most romantic songs ever written that did it for you.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
3.5 / 5
I really didn't like the song, way too repetitive and not very dynamic. The video was fucking amazing though! Really like it!

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
3.5/5 if I only would compare it to other songs in this genre. I think it would be unfair to downrate this song because of me not really liking it, but it just isn't my kind of music. So I think it's better to rate the song itself than rating it by what you think of it shall we say. I think that the drums are a bit too repetitive, but I like the fact that the singing is in Russian.

here is my entry:

I was considering some more obscure song which probably no one on the temp has heard, but I guess first this one which came up in my foobar when I was typing this.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
2/5 The obscure song which probably no one has heard would be more preferable for my tastes, this is just really generic indie/pop which I don't appreciate that much.

múm - Green Grass of Tunnel Icelandic post-rock is so good

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
3/5
a bit dissapointing the part after 6:45, after that it is just noise to me. can't seem to like the annoying sound at 7:06

and since you asked for it:

still a bit of indie rock, but not so generic as the one I first posted, but I just like that song for some reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: