Crescent Fresh™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was just watching Heroes, a fictional show about people with super-powers. Hiro Nakamura, the master of time and space, travels back in time to deliver a message to his past self. Future-Hiro tells Past-Hiro (in Japanese, w/ English subtitles) to save a girl, because she is the MJ to his Spidey (obvious Spiderman reference), to which Past-Hiro responds with "like Crono and Marle", a Chrono Trigger reference. The nerdy time-traveller making a reference to a video game where you travel through time, and both he and Crono got started on their quest travelling through time to save a girl. I probably should have, but I definitely didn't expect that reference. Anyone else remember obsure video game references in shows?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Still waiting for Series 4 to air in UK
dry.gif

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift has a character named DK. He aks the protagonist what he think it stands for and he replies with "Donkey Kong?". That was pretty funny. His "real" name is Drift King btw.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Crap, I wish I could remember the clip, I'll post it later if I find it.

I was watching The IT Crowd on youtube, and saw that Roy was wearing a shirt of the Pac-man kill screen. It was awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.