cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow. This thread sure is a happy place
tongue.gif

What’s motivating the band to distribute the album this way?

Just getting it out quickly. It was kind of an experiment as well; we were just doing it for ourselves and that was all. People are making a big thing about it being against the industry or trying to change things for people but it’s really not what motivated us to do it. It’s more about feeling like it was right for us and feeling bored of what we were doing before.

Why give people the option to pay whatever they want?

It’s just interesting to make people pause for even a few seconds and think about what music is worth now. I thought it was an interesting thing to ask people to do and compare it to whatever else in their lives they value or don’t value.

All the songs are good. I recommend them all

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Citric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shut up about your gay crush Trent Reznor and let's focus on Radiohead.

I actually was pretty disappointed by this one. Mostly by Bodysnatchers, which seemed like a track rejected from Kid A for being samey and kinda crap. Otherwise, it's far from the best Radiohead album, but it's not too bad, and All I Need, Faust Arp and Reckoner are all pretty amazing in the end.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love bodysnatchers
ohmy.gif
reject from kid a? don't really understand that connection but fair enough. kid a was awesome btw

You have to listen to it a few times to get it into your head properly, I didn't like it much the first time I heard it. It's not the best radiohead album but IMO it's up there with the best. production is really tight. It's a different album and a bit 'minimal' but almost all of RH's albums have been different from the last one.

remember we've still got disk 2 to go and most the stuff on that is more classic radiohead type music.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)