Radiohead Album

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by LSSR, Oct 15, 2007.

Oct 15, 2007

Radiohead Album by LSSR at 10:37 PM (1,821 Views / 0 Likes) 27 replies

1. LSSR
    OP

Newcomer LSSR Member

United Kingdom
    can you believe you can order the new raddiohead album for as much as you want, they decided people will pay as much as they want for it....

www.radiohead.com

2. theorgan

Member theorgan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    actually you can't order the new album for as much as you want (discbox). you can download the 10 song digital album(doesn't include all the songs) for free or donation though.

3. IainDS

Member IainDS GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yeap, great news for the industry

Did you enjoy the album?

4. Taras

Member Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

United States
    Yeah and this is a goddamn publicity stunt. Come Jan-08 they will distribute it through the traditional method using their same label conglomerate. Trent Reznor is the only recent major act that has broke from the labels.

5. theorgan

United States
    no he hasn't. year zero which was the last album by him was released on interscope. i don't call that being broke from the labels.

6. Taras

United States
    Um, yes he has.

http://www.theninhotline.net/news/ also available on nin.com

10/8/07

"Hello everyone. I've waited a LONG time to be able to make the following announcement: as of right now Nine Inch Nails is atotally free agent, free of any recording contract with any label. I have been under recording contracts for 18 years and have watched the business radically mutate from one thing to something inherently very different and it gives me great pleasure to be able to finally have a direct relationship with the audience as I see fit and appropriate. Look for some announcements in the near future regarding 2008. Exciting times, indeed."

7. theorgan

United States
    Ok where is the sonic proof? There is none. We will see how he tries to release that when it comes time. But until then his last effort was released on a label.

8. LSSR
    OP

Newcomer LSSR Member

United Kingdom
    i havn't heard any of the songs yet i just noticed it lol... in passing

9. Taras

United States
    What's this mumbling? Just take your owneage like a man.

10. theorgan

United States

Where is the mumbling? Can you not understand english? There was no "owneage" whatsoever. Anyone can say something and be stretching truth's or fabricating something altogether. The truth is he won't break out of the label as you said until he releases something that was not done with the assistance of a label.

11. IainDS

United Kingdom
    it's not a publicity stunt!
    This is the start of a new era of music distribution which enables music to be legally available to anybody in the world.
    Then for people who enjoy having a cased album, they can purchase a cased album in the new year, this will also keep the labels happy.

However, not every artist will be able to do this because you need the expisure from the begining which is hugely created by the record labels.

I just tapped all of that in with my wiimote OW MY HAND

12. IainDS

United Kingdom
    I'm with you on this.

13. LSSR
    OP

Newcomer LSSR Member

United Kingdom
    lol i agree with the start of a new era thing and poor mr hand lol

14. IainDS

United Kingdom
    I'm going back on my pc, listen to the album!

15. Taras

United States
    Uh, yeah. I'm sure in the age of digital distribution, the man with a 20 year music career has no ability whatsoever to release something without a middleman taking a huge cut for very few services rendered. They could be working on a project for the next year independantly and you'll still be up in the air about it. How about we'll make it like this? If/when they sign with a new RIAA label, you can come back and talk trash to me. Until then, I'm right. kthxgbye [​IMG]

16. theorgan

United States

1. I was never wrong

2. Plenty of artists have said one thing and done another.

3. "How about we'll make it like this?" If/When he releases the new album independently, you can come back and talk trash to me. Until then, you are wrong.

17. Taras

United States
    1. Yes you were. He is a "free agent" now with no current representation. This means he broke with the labels as I asserted.

2. So you know Reznors business better then Reznor? Do you have any personal insights on any other acts? TIA

3. Releasing an album isn't the only act designated as label territory. He could play a barroom, attend a supermarket opening or any number of things. It's still acting intependently without a label. What specifically about that do you not understand?

18. theorgan

United States

1. Actually he isn't quite yet due to the fact that a remix album is coming out. So technically he still is on the label due to the fact that they are releasing his remixed work.

2. Did I say i know his business? No. What I said still stands. Prove me wrong.

3. What do you not understand. You just said releasing an album isn't the only act designated as label territory. Then you turn around and say he is acting independently by playing a bar. What exactly are you trying to prove to me??? That he was independent the whole time and never was on a label??? Then who released his albums???

19. Taras

United States
    Again, you show how much you don't know. A remix album doesn't need to have anything to do with the man. Bob Marley remix albums are still being released FFS. Reznor said (under penalty of legal punishment for misrepresentation) that as of now (on 10/8) he was no longer represented by a label as a musician. You argued with him.

You were the first one who qualified the discussion with "well until he releases an album indy..." which is garbage. I am stating that there are many other things a musician does under representation. (which he is currently without)

20. theorgan

United States
    Either way this topic was about the new radiohead album and not trent reznor. I'm tired of your faux internet knowledge and that is how I will leave it.