RA core screwed up my USB drive

MeXen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was experimenting with the image viewer cores extracted from the 1.3.x versions of RA on RA 1.7.6 r1, and all the sudden one of them soft lock the whole damn thing, when i went back to HBC, nothing showed up, so i took the drive and look it up on my PC, and nothing but garbage files.

1718777052263.png

Am i screwed now?
Post automatically merged:

Also look, i dont wanna go trough hoops, i hate that, lemme mention that yes, i always unplug my USB the proper way via the Desktop USB eject option.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Unfortunately yeah, you're probably screwed. I hope you had a backup or nothing too important that can't be redownloaded.

You might be able to recover files using tools like GetDataBack, but somehow I don't think it will work in this case

I had something similar happen to me a long time ago, I don't remember which app caused it but it wasn't RA. I had a backup so restored it and didn't investigate too much into recovery options

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an incident like this with different Wii homebrew deciding to betray me. This is most likely a bug fouling drive administration, not malicious code effectively shredding the data. So, in my case nearly all of the data originally on the drive did present as recoverable according to the software I used to analyze. But obviously your certainty in any particular data recovered would be <100%.

I restored from a backup as well, rather than rolling the dice with recovery from the fouled drive.

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    CWaffles @ CWaffles: Yup. I install LM2 HD a little while ago