Hacking R4Ultra and YSmenu

blazing_fire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone!
I just want to say, I did search and I did read many guides but no matter what I did I got the same result, hence I'm posting here in hope of finding some help. If this is in the wrong section please move it.
smile.gif

I own a R4Ultra (unfortunately I did not research about this before and I went a bought this one) and I decided to see if ysmenu would work on it. Judging by the tutorials available, I take it that it can work. I've followed a few guides already and all of them lead to the same error of 'Unsupported DLDI Name'. I used both the r4ysauto and also the ak2ysauto before and both of them didn't work. The r4ysauto gave me that error. The ak2ysauto gave me a 'arkloader.nds cannot load' or something like that. I am unsure what I am doing wrong, as I have followed the steps outlined on the many guides very carefully. I'm not an expert on these sorts of things so I am also, at times, worried that maybe I am understanding wrong. I've tried so many times it's not only annoying me but also making me quite upset. Can anyone help me?

At the moment, my sd card looks like this, using the official R4Ultra firmware.
201006232014.png

Now, I've followed this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=175442
and a question about this is do I keep my original firmware on there and just transfer that 'ak2_custom_release.zip' onto the sd and extract? Do I have to transfer anything else onto the card? At the bottom when it talks about troubleshooting, it states about the '/__ak2/ak2_sd.dldi file' however if that is from the original AceKard firmware then I also have to transfer that firmware onto the card?

When transferred it looks like this:
201006232024001.png

While following this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164359
I did everything it says and it says that it's that 'Unsupported DLDI Name'. Now I've read that because my clone is not actually part of the R4 but part of the AceKard of course it doesn't work, so does that mean I should just forget this one?

When transferred it looks like this:
201006232032001.png

I've also followed another one from another website: *snip
I downloaded the version from mediafire provided by a member there as well. Both ways, tutorial and this file, gave me the same error.

So my main question is, is there anything missing from my card that is causing these errors to occur? If so, what am I missing?? If I have to follow the acekard ysmenu what am I missing from the card?

Sorry if there were many other threads like this, but I just couldn't figure what was wrong based on the tutorials and even the comments left on some of the tutorials. I hope I've given enough information and thank you very much to anyone who helps!~
biggrin.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter how you build YSMenu for an AK clone, it won't load games. Hopefully you didn't spend longer than I did trying to make it work before I asked about it.
Some might tell you that AKAIO 1.5.1 MOD will work with your particular model, I've also heard that it runs on R4 Ultra properly. This will not cover games more recent than January though.

blazing_fire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read you can use YSmenu though...perhaps it wasn't right...

Thank you for telling me. I tried for a whole day and gave up because it just wouldn't start playing the games so I decided to give up and ask for help. I'll try AKAIO when I have the time.
Thank you!!
smile.gif

So is there any other way to install something that allows games from January onwards that don't work on the R4Ultra work?

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
blazing_fire said:
So is there any other way to install something that allows games from January onwards that don't work on the R4Ultra work?
Patching the non-working games manually. You can find fixes for most games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol