rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
r4logo.gif
R4iDSN/R4iGold Firmware Update Bugfix
And news about older carts.
r4ids_dsn_1_42_5122011.gif

The R4iDSN/R4iGold team has stated that the first firmware update they released to bypass DSi/XL firmware 1.4.2 (1.4.3 for China) was not tested thoroughly enough and can malfunction for users. The team states that if your cart bricks during the update process with the original update, you can attempt to re-flash and unbrick it it using the V142_Patch_NDSL.nds update file via the use of another flash cart, and an original DS or DS Lite. This is accomplished by booting the update on another flash cart, then swapping it for the R4iDSN/R4iGold before choosing to apply the update. A video tutorial should be posted soon.

If this is not possible for you to do, you can try to contact the store you bought it from for a replacement, but there's no guarantee.

Fixed update files have been released, and the previous downloads on Filetrip were replaced with the fixed versions

In addition the team states that they are working on an update for the older carts, and that Yellow.Wood.Goblin is helping them.[/p]

download.gif
Download (R4iDSN)
download.gif
Download (R4i Gold)
discuss.png
Discussion

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If this is not possible for you to do, you can try to contact the store you bought it from for a replacement, but there's no guarantee

They are the ones who released a fix that bricks people's cart they should be the one responsible for replacing the bricked carts.

phoenix1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
does that comment from snailface on the download page apply to this revised update? or is that from the 1st update?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well I've tried both 'updates' (on DSLite) & both give me
Code:
Card Check OK
Upgrading
Result No Upgrading is needed
So I guess I've got one of the 'older' R4i Gold cards.

Glad to see they're gonna try & do an update for the older ones

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
CannonFoddr said:
Well I've tried both 'updates' (on DSLite) & both give me
Code:
Card Check OK
Upgrading
Result No Upgrading is needed
So I guess I've got one of the 'older' R4i Gold cards.

Glad to see they're gonna try & do an update for the older ones

when i bricked my acekard 2.1 beta testing 1.8.2 it took a few back and forth conversations with acekard to get a working unbricker. each unbricker checked for the HWID and gave a response that "no upgrading was needed" when clearly it was because i knew for a fact the card was bricked and exactly how the bootloader was overwritten down to which part of the source code did it =P. eventually they got it right but i had to explain to them that they needed to remove the check or just check for the HWID i kept telling them i had. (sorry acekard but communication on that issue was confusing with our 3rd party inbetween).

my point is that the R4iDSN and R4i Gold.cn were said to be clones of the AK2i (YWG mentioned this when he started porting Wood for them). it is very possible that the update program just needs to have that 1 line fixed so its not checking the HWID (again i'm just assuming).

you can contact their team here: [email protected]

they are really friendly and the person who responds has excellent English skills.

-another world

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Another World said:
my point is that the R4iDSN and R4i Gold.cn were said to be clones of the AK2i (YWG mentioned this when he started porting Wood for them). it is very possible that the update program just needs to have that 1 line fixed so its not checking the HWID (again i'm just assuming).

you can contact their team here: [email protected]. they are really friendly and the person who responds has excellent English skills.

-another worldActually - Just as I read this post - my Email noifier just popped up & there's an Email reply from '[email protected]' (I sent one asking about the 'no updating is needed')
QUOTEThat patch is for r4i 3DS Gold only, currently we are still working on the patch for the old R4ids card(non-3DS), will let you know once release...

Geostar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerstorm.org
XP
Country
In case you're interested here's the back and forth between me and the team so far. As you can probably tell, I'm not best pleased.

me said:
Hi,

After updating my R4i Gold 3DS with your v1.4.2 patch off your website my R4i Gold 3DS now only shows a white screen. I followed the instructions in the readme.txt exactly, It said it had updated successfully but I'm getting a white screen.
R4i Gold Team said:
We gotta a updated v1.4.2 patch....please download and try it again ..
me said:
I can't see any updated patch on your website. And anyway, how would I boot the card to run the patch?
me said:
Ah I see the download on your website is updated. The only problem is whilst I do have another flashcart I do not have access to a DS lite. I have tried it on my DSi but it has not worked. It says FAIL.
R4i Gold Team said:
ftp://r4idsdown:[email protected]_Patch.rar
me said:
I do not have access to a DS lite to run this on and when I run it on a DSi it says "Card Check FAIL"
R4i Gold Team said:
you have to download the new updated v1.4.2b patch...
me said:
I have. I downloaded the v1.4.2b patch that you emailed to me. It still will not work. I load it up in my DSi with another flashcart. I swap it with the R4i Gold 3DS. I press A and it says "Card Check FAIL"
R4i Gold Team
please formart ur TF card (and don't use other flashcard) and try it again..
me
I have tried this. It boots to a white screen so I can not run the patch.
R4i Gold Team
You might need to contact with ur reseller to return the card and get another new one .....
me
Can you just send me a new card? Surely it is you who is responsible for the update which killed the card? I can record a video showing the problem. I was very happy with the card working fine before the update.

Geostar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerstorm.org
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
The swap trick doesn't work on DSi console. You must do that on a dslite.

Yeah, the only problem is I only have a 3DS and DSi. The team have told me to return it to the reseller. So I have contacted Lightake. The only problem is postage to Hong Kong is expensive.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Geostar said:
Mbmax said:
The swap trick doesn't work on DSi console. You must do that on a dslite.

Yeah, the only problem is I only have a 3DS and DSi. The team have told me to return it to the reseller. So I have contacted Lightake. The only problem is postage to Hong Kong is expensive.
Maybe a friend can lend you one for a couple a minutes ?

1Player

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Geostar said:
New card from Lightake just arrived! One of the new ones that actually has 3DS on the card's label!

How did you get yours so fast??

I order 2 acekard a month ago and still haven't gotten it

I had to file a dispute with paypal before I got a response from them.

I should had read the reviews..If I don't get it by the end of the week I'm gonna ask for a refund too.
QUOTE said:
I've only ordered one time from Lightake. That's 10 weeks ago and I received nothing.

Customer support told me "to wait another two weeks", but they did nothing.

Now I'm asking Paypal for a refund.

This happened to some people that ordered from Lightake in early December / late November, I'm not the only one.

Mabe it's not Lightake's fault. But they did nothing (like resending stuff), although several parcel seem to be lost or extremely late.

Personally I like the big range of the store. They have almost every funny R4 flashlinker.

But after this experience (I still don't know if I'll get my money back) I won't buy anything from then again.
I ordered a product from Lightake for the first time 6 weeks ago(after reading good things about them). It hasn't arrived.

I recently ordered a product from DealExtreme and it arrived in less than 2 weeks time. WHERE IS MY ORDER Lightake?

I will not be purchasing from them again and I advise other people to steer clear of this so called "store".

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this thread is old but it deserves a bump for the issues that seem to happen too regularly with Lightake.com I was only refunded part of my money on my last order, and Lightake.com know they owe me more money and they didn't pay it. They used Paypal's "45 day rule for refunds" rule to their advantage. I would steer clear of Lightake.com unless you like problems and giving your money away. I knew there had to be a reason why they are not on Shoptemp or listed here, at gbatemp, as a reputable seller. I had to learn the hard way, and I wish I had read this thread earlier. :hateit:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo