Hacking r4ids.cn "R4i 3DS RTS" card does not work on DSi XL v1.4.5A

OhneHerren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought the recommended R4i 3DS RTS flashcart from ozmodchips.com today. It won't work in my DSi XL which was recently updated to v1.4.5A. I put the latest firmware on the card (I can confirm the icon is Dorasu) and yet I still get the "An error has occured" message. I've tried two SD cards freshly formatted to fat32. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

OhneHerren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The card is Revision "D" according to the PCB. This revision is not listed on the official website however which makes me suspicious. Does anyone have a Revision D card? According to this site there's nothing wrong with ozmodchips.com.

Popcornwas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
we need to see if your card is fake

ico_f.png

Counterfeit R4i-SDHC
Truth_F01.jpg

The fake cards: will display " fake" on the screen of the console with the latest kernel.

ico_t.png
Genuine R4i-SDHC
Truth_T01.jpg

The original r4i-sdhc 3ds cards: Work perfectly with the latest kernel.
ico_f.png

Counterfeit R4i-SDHC
Truth_F02.jpg

To identify a Fake card: Remove the identification label from the R4i3ds card it will be blank .

no codes will appear on a fake card.
ico_t.png

Genuine R4i-SDHC
Truth_T02.jpg

To identify an Original card : Remove the identification label from the R4i 3ds card.
You should see a clear digital security code

To verify this code click here. <<click to verify>>
ico_f.png

Counterfeit R4i-SDHC
Truth_F03.jpg

To identify a Fake card : no oval is on the back of the card.
ico_t.png

Genuine R4i-SDHC
Truth_T03.jpg

To identify an Original card : A clear oval is on the back of the card.

OhneHerren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Popcornwas. I don't have an r4i-sdhc.com card however. I did just buy one though.

My card is the recommended R4i Gold from r4ids.cn. I think I know the issue with it after some research. The firmware update I applied from the website was the "R4iGold_NDSi145_Patch.rar" update. And although this update apparently works with NDSi v1.4.5, I suspect it does not work with my Revision D card (only up to Revision C). The update I think I need is the most recent "r4igold_3DS62_Patch.rar". I'm hoping this is the issue anyway as it's an easy fix. When my girlfriend gets back with her DSi Lite I'll test the theory.

Oh and there's nothing wrong with the Revision D, I've found out from this site. It just isn't mentioned on the r4ids.cn site unlike the older revisions.

Last edited by OhneHerren,

OhneHerren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm the above is correct; after applying the latest "R4iGold_NDSi145_Patch.rar" update my DSi XL v1.4.5 works fine with the R4i 3DS RTS r4ids.cn card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: