r4ids.cn "R4i 3DS RTS" card does not work on DSi XL v1.4.5A

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by OhneHerren, Jan 19, 2016.

1. OhneHerren
    OP

OhneHerren Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    I bought the recommended R4i 3DS RTS flashcart from ozmodchips.com today. It won't work in my DSi XL which was recently updated to v1.4.5A. I put the latest firmware on the card (I can confirm the icon is Dorasu) and yet I still get the "An error has occured" message. I've tried two SD cards freshly formatted to fat32. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

2. OhneHerren
    OP

OhneHerren Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    The card is Revision "D" according to the PCB. This revision is not listed on the official website however which makes me suspicious. Does anyone have a Revision D card? According to this site there's nothing wrong with ozmodchips.com.

3. Popcornwas

Popcornwas Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2015
    Canada
    we need to see if your card is fake
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Counterfeit R4i-SDHC
    [​IMG]
    The fake cards: will display " fake" on the screen of the console with the latest kernel.

[​IMG] Genuine R4i-SDHC
    [​IMG]
    The original r4i-sdhc 3ds cards: Work perfectly with the latest kernel.
    [​IMG]
    Counterfeit R4i-SDHC
    [​IMG]
    To identify a Fake card: Remove the identification label from the R4i3ds card it will be blank .

no codes will appear on a fake card.
    [​IMG]
    Genuine R4i-SDHC
    [​IMG]
    To identify an Original card : Remove the identification label from the R4i 3ds card.
    You should see a clear digital security code

To verify this code click here. <<click to verify>>
    [​IMG]
    Counterfeit R4i-SDHC
    [​IMG]
    To identify a Fake card : no oval is on the back of the card.
    [​IMG]
    Genuine R4i-SDHC
    [​IMG]
    To identify an Original card : A clear oval is on the back of the card.

4. OhneHerren
    OP

OhneHerren Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    Thanks Popcornwas. I don't have an r4i-sdhc.com card however. I did just buy one though.

My card is the recommended R4i Gold from r4ids.cn. I think I know the issue with it after some research. The firmware update I applied from the website was the "R4iGold_NDSi145_Patch.rar" update. And although this update apparently works with NDSi v1.4.5, I suspect it does not work with my Revision D card (only up to Revision C). The update I think I need is the most recent "r4igold_3DS62_Patch.rar". I'm hoping this is the issue anyway as it's an easy fix. When my girlfriend gets back with her DSi Lite I'll test the theory.

Oh and there's nothing wrong with the Revision D, I've found out from this site. It just isn't mentioned on the r4ids.cn site unlike the older revisions.

Last edited by OhneHerren, Jan 21, 2016
  5. OhneHerren
    OP

OhneHerren Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    I can confirm the above is correct; after applying the latest "R4iGold_NDSi145_Patch.rar" update my DSi XL v1.4.5 works fine with the R4i 3DS RTS r4ids.cn card.