Hacking R4i-Vi V2.1 (English) [2010-07-07]

astrogrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been trying to download R4i-Vi V2.1 (English) [2010-07-07] - the file is caled EN.rar from http://www.r4-v.com? or I think the same file is also at http://www.r4ita.com as the file has the same download link. Every time I try to download it it starts but then freezes and eventually say it cant get it.

I am pretty sure it is the Kernal I need for my r4i which I am pretty sure is a clone since the Firmware from the site listed on the sticker does not work. The only other Kernal I could get to work was the site for the www.r4igold.net site even thou my cart says - r4i upgrade revolution for DS (NDSi/NDSL/NDS) WWW.R4I-SDHC.COM. The origional FW on it was listed as V1.3.

I am trying to get the more current loader in an attempt to get bookworm working.

I would really like to try this Firmware if anyone managed to get it.

astrogrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Here we go.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LA5A9QIE

You should be able to download that, hope it's what you need.

Cheers, got that. Going to test it now. I have no idea why I couldn't get it from that site. I tried over a dozen times and the furthest I got was 21%. Hopefully this will ork. Will keep you posted. Thanks again for the help.

astrogrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't work. was the wrong file structure unfortunantly. I was hoping that was it since the description at linfoxdomain sounded right but no go.

The only one I have managed to get working with it is from the r4igold site. It is v1.32 - The file structure has a _system_ folder, moonmemo, moonshl2, _DS_MENU.DAT, _DS_MENU.INI and _DS_MSHL.NDS

Anyone know of anything more current than that? and might work on this card? Whats on the sticker is described in the first post. The cart it self is black and the board inside is red - and it shows up as danny phantom in my dsi - any ideas?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
astrogrrl said:
Didn't work. was the wrong file structure unfortunantly. I was hoping that was it since the description at linfoxdomain sounded right but no go.

The only one I have managed to get working with it is from the r4igold site. It is v1.32 - The file structure has a _system_ folder, moonmemo, moonshl2, _DS_MENU.DAT, _DS_MENU.INI and _DS_MSHL.NDS

Anyone know of anything more current than that? and might work on this card? Whats on the sticker is described in the first post. The cart it self is black and the board inside is red - and it shows up as danny phantom in my dsi - any ideas?
The system files are:
_system_ (folder)
_DS_MENU.DAT
_DS_MENU.INI

Moonshell files are:
moonmemo (folder)
moonshl2 (folder)
_DS_MSHL.NDS

The Moonshell files are optional.
Unfortunately, the files for the system are kind of generic sounding.
Official R4s (and the 1:1 clones) use _system_ (folder) and _DS_MENU.DAT.
I believe many clones use different versions of the above files along with a _DS_MENU.INI.

Can you get a picture of the flashcart itself? and maybe the box?

astrogrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dont have the box but this is the card. hope they work, I have never done that before. As I said the files from the site listed diddn't work.

SCAN0004.jpg

SCAN0003.jpg

astrogrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
astrogrrl said:

The system files are:
_system_ (folder)
_DS_MENU.DAT
_DS_MENU.INI

Moonshell files are:
moonmemo (folder)
moonshl2 (folder)
_DS_MSHL.NDS

The Moonshell files are optional.
Unfortunately, the files for the system are kind of generic sounding.
Official R4s (and the 1:1 clones) use _system_ (folder) and _DS_MENU.DAT.
I believe many clones use different versions of the above files along with a _DS_MENU.INI.

Can you get a picture of the flashcart itself? and maybe the box?

Really, most of the files I downloaded had different file structures to that.

astrogrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey RupeeClock, Thanks for help by the way. I have just ordered a supercard DSTwo from shoptemp and I made sure your ID was in my cookies so you get credited with the referral. Just thought I would let you know.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
astrogrrl said:
Hey RupeeClock, Thanks for help by the way. I have just ordered a supercard DSTwo from shoptemp and I made sure your ID was in my cookies so you get credited with the referral. Just thought I would let you know.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.
smile.gif

I just like to help people with their flashcart questions and purposes anyway, the Shoptemp thing is an incentive.

astrogrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
I'd try this file: R4I-SDHC V1.08B ENGLISH

It's the Red PCB cart (Under "Other Kernel Downloads) from the site you linked before:
http://www.r4-v.com/download-en.htm

Also, the front of the cart looks exactly like the one from R4i-SDHC.com
So maybe try R4i English V1.09c

For some reason I cant download anything from that the place in your first link - rupeeClock put the first one I was after from that site on megaupload but it was not the right one.

I did try the firmware from the site listed on the sticker but it didn't work at all. I have a feeling it is not the right sticker.

astrogrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lovely79 said:
This photo show that you use 4gb sdhc card, and I don't think this card can work more than 2gb sd card
rolleyes.gif

this card must be ok with a 4GB card since it is actually working - even with my DSXL with 1.4 firmware - just not all games. I really just wanted to get the latest Firmware files to get it as compatible as possible.

Also was kinda hoping to learn which card it actiually is since I think the sticker is lying since the files from that site dont work at all, but the ones from the r4i gold site did but were still a bit out of date.

It has obviously been updated in some way since it has the danny phantom thing for 1.4 - I wonder if maybe the person who had it before me used some sort of update from a different card to update for 1.4, which is why the firmware from site on the sticker isn't working. or would have that bricked it entirely.

lovely79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
astrogrrl said:
lovely79 said:
This photo show that you use 4gb sdhc card, and I don't think this card can work more than 2gb sd card
rolleyes.gif

this card must be ok with a 4GB card since it is actually working - even with my DSXL with 1.4 firmware - just not all games. I really just wanted to get the latest Firmware files to get it as compatible as possible.

Also was kinda hoping to learn which card it actiually is since I think the sticker is lying since the files from that site dont work at all, but the ones from the r4i gold site did but were still a bit out of date.

It has obviously been updated in some way since it has the danny phantom thing for 1.4 - I wonder if maybe the person who had it before me used some sort of update from a different card to update for 1.4, which is why the firmware from site on the sticker isn't working. or would have that bricked it entirely.
Ok, I sold my two cards http://www.r4ids.com/ and http://www.r4i-sdhc.com.au/, and bought two cards of http://www.ndsill.net/ coz alot of my favorite new clean rom games working 100% with R4-i English V1.8 Date:[2010-06-09] as Tetris Party Deluxe (U), WarioWare D.I.Y, Alice in Wonderland (U), Bejeweled Twist (U), Club Penguin - Elite Penguin Force (U), Rabbids Go Home (E), Sushi Go Round (U), Jewel Master Egypt (U), Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (U), Iron Man 2 (E) and Rooms - the Main Building (U),,,, without even TTmenu or YSmenu, and I tried the kernel of http://www.r4idsxl.com and it's working on it after i rename a file, however, I wish you the good luck
smile.gif

lovely79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
lovely79 said:
So, you sold two crappy clones for..... two crappy clones.
Why?

Should have gotten at minimum a 1:1 R4 Clone for $6 or even better, an AceKard 2i for $14.95.
The wholesaler here bring just R4 and R4i clones, they want big profit, and I bought the two new cards for 25$ each ... plus, i have no credit card, I can't buy anything from the Internet, i wish if I can, coz i will buy them all
tongue.gif
we use just cash here
smile.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lovely79 said:
twiztidsinz said:
lovely79 said:
So, you sold two crappy clones for..... two crappy clones.
Why?

Should have gotten at minimum a 1:1 R4 Clone for $6 or even better, an AceKard 2i for $14.95.
The wholesaler here bring just R4 and R4i clones, they want big profit, and I bought the two new cards for 25$ each ... plus, i have no credit card, I can't buy anything from the Internet, i wish if I can, coz i will buy them all
tongue.gif
we use just cash here
smile.gif
I'm sorry to say this, but you got ripped off BAD.

Also, if you ARE in the United States like your profile says, buy a Visa Gift Card.
They work just like credit cards and can be used online and through PayPal.
I'm not exactly sure where you could go to get one, but I hear they are easy to get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la