Hacking R4i upgrade revolution (r4i-sdhc.com)

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
CAP99 said:
dudeonline: no need for that, what if the kid didn't know any better.

On topic: Whay don't you post a picture of the card

No need for that? Really? You buy a genuine card so we dont slam our heads against the wall trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with your dime a dozen clone.

There is no excuse of "the kid didn't know any better" this is why gbatemp forums exist, among other places. if he did a simple search he would have avoided this mess altogether.

Yes I realize that, and I do agree about searching but could you have at least contibuted to his question

PhoenixT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dudeonline said:
There is no excuse of "the kid didn't know any better" this is why gbatemp forums exist, among other places. if he did a simple search he would have avoided this mess altogether.

Fact is: seems we're speaking about a clone of a clone card, or something.
As a rule of thumb, I won't say clone cards are bad to begin with, just because of their nature. For example, I happen to use successfully mine, with a minor headbanging, so I may hold on until something fresh comes out on the market.

But, and I underscore but, a basic rule on our world is that you'll be given only what you're willing to pay for. An "R4 clone" card on website costs often less than ten bucks, if they're honest. Pretending the same performances of an Acecard and stuff is quite irrational.

Returning on the topic, we're obviously stuck with the major issue that we don't even know what firmware the guy used to have before, or what file he deleted at first.
We could start from that

Moke_moke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's got the basic files for r4i upgrade revolution: r4iMenu, music, moonshl2, moon memo folders and R4.dat. There's also a torrent file for some odd reason. and there's DEMON.SYS, DEMON0.SYS, SWRESET.SYS files. also some odd file called lameboy.nds. there are also the usual little kid nds games. I still have a copy of the files saved. The original moonmemo, moonshl2, and R4iMenu folders were updated on january 9th. then the kid said he deleted some file that caused it to not work.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try the packages in my PM?

They work for this card too:
p6.jpg

PhoenixT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Moke_moke said:
it's got the basic files for r4i upgrade revolution: r4iMenu, music, moonshl2, moon memo folders and R4.dat. There's also a torrent file for some odd reason. and there's DEMON.SYS, DEMON0.SYS, SWRESET.SYS files. also some odd file called lameboy.nds. there are also the usual little kid nds games. I still have a copy of the files saved. The original moonmemo, moonshl2, and R4iMenu folders were updated on january 9th. then the kid said he deleted some file that caused it to not work.

I confirm having all those files up and running in my R4 cart (i'm opening the flash card right now to check, there are all of them, including DEMON.SYS, DEMON0.SYS and SWRESET.SYS.
Lameboy.sys, rather than odd, is one of the best GBC emulators (goomba is a bit too finicky for my personal tastes) that can run on the R4i, so it's present is quite regular.
Check if it's boot, maybe he screwed up something minor, like the USRCHEATS.DAT or stuff.

Moke_moke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tried checking the boot. but it doesn't seem to be the boot problem. Even ysmenu with no games on the card still reads that I need to upgrade the hardware to accommodate the firmware. I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with the card so I'll just tell the kid to get an acekard.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sfg said:
QUOTE said:
since it doesn't have the 1.4 marker, I need the 1.09b firmware.

Don't listen to that. My card doesn't have the 1.4 marker either and it works with 1.15b.
But if that tells you need to upgrade your hardware just try older ones from linfoxdomain. There must be one that works.
If you find one that works, I'll send you an archive with the TTMenu and YSMenu files.
Wrong. The OP is talking about the R4i, and you are talking about the R4. The R4 version still works on the current firmwares. The old R4i carts won't work on anything past v1.09b. I myself had this error message when I tried a newer firmware. Formatting the microSD and using a fresh copy of the older firmware fixed it.

Using YSmenu on the cart is not needed since it runs the unofficial DSTT firmwares just fine.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This can run DSTT 1.17a12 raw or combined with YSMenu using the "multimedia" button. DSTT is not hard to do. Just copy the "TTMenu" folder and the "TTMENU.DAT" and "TTMENU.SYS" files to the root of your SD card. Make a copy of the "TTMENU.DAT" file and rename the copy to "TTMENU.nds". Now open the "R4iMenu" folder and open "multimedia_path.ini" with notepad and type "TTMenu.nds" without the quotes. Now when you push the "multimedia" button DSTT 1.17a12 will launch.

LordWolfy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I don't know if you are still stucked but i have got the same thing
r4i-sdhc + update firmawre = fake card message

in fact just save (copy) your application + game + sav file into your hard drive
erase all file from sd-card and install the new firmware
it works

the only thing is that there are old files from the old firmware that make this message appears

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
injected11 said:
sfg said:
QUOTE said:
since it doesn't have the 1.4 marker, I need the 1.09b firmware.

Don't listen to that. My card doesn't have the 1.4 marker either and it works with 1.15b.
But if that tells you need to upgrade your hardware just try older ones from linfoxdomain. There must be one that works.
If you find one that works, I'll send you an archive with the TTMenu and YSMenu files.
Wrong. The OP is talking about the R4i, and you are talking about the R4. The R4 version still works on the current firmwares. The old R4i carts won't work on anything past v1.09b. I myself had this error message when I tried a newer firmware. Formatting the microSD and using a fresh copy of the older firmware fixed it.

Using YSmenu on the cart is not needed since it runs the unofficial DSTT firmwares just fine.

Shoudl it load roms? Because I tried a few and they all freeze upon loading. Maybe the fact i use the latest 1.17b from their website has something to do with this?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dreassica said:
Shoudl it load roms? Because I tried a few and they all freeze upon loading. Maybe the fact i use the latest 1.17b from their website has something to do with this?
The first thing as with any cart try formatting your SD card with the Panasonic Formatter. This usually clears the majority of these types of problems.

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes I tried a fresh install, and the files from that url result in the same, every rom freezes during the lloading process in ttmenu, all work fine in r4i menu.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok your talking about TTMenu or DSTT1.17a12. Unfortunately I have not been able to get TTMenu to launch since their "official" 1.17b firmware.

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Talking about the ttmenu.nds method from your post. And yes, I'm on 1.17b, the oen from r4i-sdhc.com. The TTMENU loads fine, and I can brose, just loading anything means a freeze.

Moac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys HELP ME.

I have a R4DS , The original. bought some years back.

I have installed some sort of Ysmenu. But Some newer games WONT work.

What is the BEST Firmware for R4DS? Please link to the latest and best version

bow.gif
bow.gif
wtf.gif
cry.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Moac said:
Guys HELP ME.

I have a R4DS , The original. bought some years back.

I have installed some sort of Ysmenu. But Some newer games WONT work.

What is the BEST Firmware for R4DS? Please link to the latest and best version

bow.gif
bow.gif
wtf.gif
cry.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
YSmenu is the best firmware for an original R4. Some games don't have fixes yet, and therefore don't work. Buy a better cart if you want to play those games.

wrighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'v been trying to grt an r4i gold with sticker v1.4 working and have tryed about five different firmware's and no matter what i try the card dont boot...just two white screens a flicker when it should start the boot...tryed the r4igold.cn/linox/and more but nothing.......might just tell my friend to go get an acekard2i and be done...have tryed all day to get the cart working but no joy by reading the forums it makes me think that this could be a clone.....like i;v just read by protokun said they are all fake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission