Hacking r4i ultra crashes on boot on NA ds lite

Haiderali360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, and thanks for stopping by! My R4i Ultra crashes at the nintendo logo every time i boot it. It isnt the ds, as my other games work fine. i have a feeling that the internal firmware has been corrupted. is there anyway to fix it.

It was working fine, until one day where i turned it on and it just wouldnt work

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it is crashing, then you are either using the wrong system files or your microSD is either a fake or is corrupt which needs formatting.

If you don't have a copy of the system files on hand or download the correct system files you needed when you bought it, your pretty much SOL. In this case your better off buying a new R4 clone that is still supported.

In the case of getting a new R4 clone, you are recommended to stick with the listed R4 clones listed in here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/
Any deviation to save a buck or two will bite you in the future like this R4 clone you got.

Haiderali360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it is crashing, then you are either using the wrong system files or your microSD is either a fake or needs corrupt which needs formatting.

If you don't have a copy of the system files on hand or download the correct system files you needed when you bought it, your pretty much SOL. In this case your better off buying a new R4 clone that is still supported.

I am definately using the right firmware on my microSD card, but it crashed even if i dont have a sd card in. normaly, it would say insert sd card, but now it wont even boot. ive formatted multiple times and used different sd cards, so that isnt the problems

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you using the format tool or are you using the windows format function.

format tool: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

---

Since I don't know anything about this R4 clone in particular.

If you had this for a while, hardware failure wise would be one of these:

A spring loaded slot - Your spring loaded slot might be pushing the microSD away from the contacts.
Zero insertion slot - You wore out the slot and it ocationally makes the microSD not touch the contacts.

Haiderali360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ive used both, but the problem isn't the sd card, it is the r4. Even with no sd card it crashes instead of telling me to put one in

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

BestR4i3DS.com

Trophies
Website
www.New3DSCard.com
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't changed the files in your memory card,
i think your R4 ultra is dead.
It is a very old card, i think about 5 years old, right?

For your DS lite, you can choose any R4 (R4i SDHC, R4i 3DS) card,
all of them can work well on your DS lite,

another, Acekard 2i is a very great card for NDSL too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.