Hardware DS lite power switch

boortok666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to burn out the power point pad arrowed in picture on my DS Lite that point is now black. I have a new power switch arriving in a couple of days, will it work if I just solder it straight in, or will I need to solder an that pad to an alternative point?

ds lite power switch.png

• Haha
Reactions: rvtr and JuanMena

boortok666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only burnt out one pad, It's the one in picture with arrow pointing to it and a + below it, a 3 above it and R12 to the right
of it and the black circle round it . Is there a via point for this pad please...Thanks

power switch1.png

Last edited by boortok666,

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
I managed to burn out the power point pad arrowed in picture on my DS Lite that point is now black. I have a new power switch arriving in a couple of days, will it work if I just solder it straight in, or will I need to solder an that pad to an alternative point?

View attachment 424686
You're in luck! You only ruined a ground pad. Just run a wire from that pin on the power switch to any other ground pad on the board.

boortok666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're in luck! You only ruined a ground pad. Just run a wire from that pin on the power switch to any other ground pad on the board.
Oh well looks like it is totally mucked up now pads 2 and 4 gone...Have another new power switch,Is there any way I can connect it so ds powers on and off with switch...where to solder?
https://ibb.co/5RBMDt9

Attachments

• WP_20240316_19_15_02_Pro.jpg
    WP_20240316_19_15_02_Pro.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
Last edited by boortok666,
Reactions: rvtr

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
Pads 2 and 3 are connected so as long as you have at least one then you don't need to do anything. Here's a really terrible diagram of how the switch is layed out. (it's 5:38am and I'm getting ready to sleep lol)
1710668226444.png

So your only problem is the same as before. Solder a wire from pin 4 on the switch to ground and everything should work.

boortok666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pads 2 and 3 are connected so as long as you have at least one then you don't need to do anything. Here's a really terrible diagram of how the switch is layed out. (it's 5:38am and I'm getting ready to sleep lol)
View attachment 426179

So your only problem is the same as before. Solder a wire from pin 4 on the switch to ground and everything should work.
Ok so managed to connect pin 1 to orange and have tried pin 2 to ground and also tried pin 4 to ground and with both as soon as I put in battery ds turns on but when I push switch up to turn off it stays on...How do I get it to turn of again without pulling battery?

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so managed to connect pin 1 to orange and have tried pin 2 to ground and also tried pin 4 to ground and with both as soon as I put in battery ds turns on but when I push switch up to turn off it stays on...How do I get it to turn of again without pulling battery?
I have no idea what you mean by "connect pin 1 to orange".

boortok666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean on reverse of board theres PWSW, red ,orange ,green. pads...also tried soldering pin1 on switch to original pin 1 on board but did not turn on...so at a bit of a loss

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
I mean on reverse of board theres PWSW, red ,orange ,green. pads...also tried soldering pin1 on switch to original pin 1 on board but did not turn on...so at a bit of a loss
The pin one via goes to PWSW, not orange.
1710707034395.png

boortok666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks rtvr for all help but motherboard now useless due to my incompetent soldering skills so looking to get second hand working nds lite

Reactions: rvtr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If anyone wants to get me those socks for Christmas... lol