Hacking R4i sdhc silver not working

Demetori

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm. So, I purchased an R4 SDHC RTS Lite card not too long ago. It worked fine and all, until I tried updating it for Pokemon Conquest (since it's not out in Europe).
Anyway, I followed the multi card update and did everything it said, such as something with a TTMenu.

It's always best to backup your microSD to a folder called Backup on your PC before upgrading to a new firmware version.

Then format your microSD with the Panasonic SD Formatter and use these options :
FORMAT TYPE - FULL (Erase ON)
FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT - ON

Copy your R4/i-SDHC firmware back to your microSD, then extract the files from new firmware and copy the following to your microSD :
TTMenu folder
TTMenu.dat
TTMenu.nds

Copy usrcheat.dat to TTMenu folder

Then create a folder called Games on your microSD and put all your games and saves into that folder

Boot your carts firmware, then load TTMenu.nds

That was literally on the 'How to install.txt' file.
Anyway, I loaded the TTMenu.nds file and my screen went blank and it kept loading for a long time and did nothing more.
So I restarted my DS and suddenly it couldn't find my R4 card.....
Yeah, I've tried to format my SD card and stuff like that, load the original firmware on it, however it still displays nothing, anyone know how to fix it?
I'm terribly lost and it's already happened before to my other R4 Dual-Core card.

Sorry for the trouble!

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
The same exact thing happened to my cart. I wanted to do the same thing you did, but so I could play SMT: SJ. I have a card from the same manufacturer, I just have the "Dual Core" edition that runs wood. I have tried to format the card multiple times and reload the firmware as well, but my DSi still gives me the manfunction message. Although, something weird still happens. I put the cart in a friends standard DS lite and it somehow works perfectly. I cannot explain it. Someone told me that my card was bricked, but I don't understand how it can be bricked if it works on a standard DS. Hopefully someone knows because I didn't spend $20 just for the card to break.... :cry:

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Both of you should read some threads related to flashcards before buying. You'd better stay away for these clones. I recommend you ak2i or r4i gold(r4ids.cn). Besides, r4i gold metioned here support 3DS V4.2.0-9 now.

FreddOc

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I have exactly the same problem, i have tried everything and still doesn't work in my DSi with v1.4.4U.

http://down4.nds9.cn/r4isdhc-sliver/NewR4isdhc-sliverEnglish2.02.rar
This is the lastest firmware for the R4i SDHC STL Lite and my DSi still doesn't recognize the card.
:(

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I have exactly the same problem, i have tried everything and still doesn't work in my DSi with v1.4.4U.

http://down4.nds9.cn/r4isdhc-sliver/NewR4isdhc-sliverEnglish2.02.rar
This is the lastest firmware for the R4i SDHC STL Lite and my DSi still doesn't recognize the card.
:(
That's not the firmware, that's the menu/kernel/OS.

You need the actual firmware update for the cart, and you need to actually run it to apply the update. It usually comes as a standalone .NDS file you run as if it was a ROM or homebrew.

If such a file does not exist, you can't update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.