Hacking R4i SDHC Dual Core Update?

Wailer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Both your cards are New cards 1 was branded with a 2013 which its not.

There was a reseller selling the 'New' as a '2013'

When the cards are shipped to suppliers they have no stickers on.

I flashed the "2013" card with the 5.02/5.07 firmware and it worked, at least i got the spongebob icon.
The card is not working on 6.0 but it does work on a 3ds with 4.2.9-9E, when the update is out i will try to flash it see what happens.
I indeed think this is not a 2013, i got the card as replacement for a defective New card.

sgl1971

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello sorry for my (bad) english, i'm only italian ..so..
well i have a problem i have one "nintendo 3 ds " buy in italy. the original firmware of that nintendo was 4.5 and so on...
i have update it to download a player for my consolle.
i have used in this nintendo on flash card named "r4 sdhc dual core " buyed on 2012.
now my nintendo software is "5.1.0-11E" and this consolle not works with this flashcard.
could you help me? how can i use it? how can i do that?
please help me...my email is [email protected]
thank you very much1!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
hello sorry for my (bad) english, i'm only italian ..so..
well i have a problem i have one "nintendo 3 ds " buy in italy. the original firmware of that nintendo was 4.5 and so on...
i have update it to download a player for my consolle.
i have used in this nintendo on flash card named "r4 sdhc dual core " buyed on 2012.
now my nintendo software is "5.1.0-11E" and this consolle not works with this flashcard.
could you help me? how can i use it? how can i do that?
please help me...my email is [email protected]
thank you very much1!
http://gbatemp.net/threads/why-was-my-cart-blocked-how-do-i-unblock-it-firmware-update.315784/

D

Deleted User

Does someone know if the update will be a whole new kernel or an update file like the Chinese one (so I can unbrick my bricked card)?

D

Deleted User

Had to register to share the wonderful news :)

The update for R4i SDHC Dual Core 2013 is NOW AVAILABLE! It can also FIX bricked 2013 cards! YAAAY :)
Below is the link for the firmware update:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=967244462&uk=1795683192

FYI, the download site is in chinese, just click the icon with the arrow pointing down, download, put the file in your sd card, then run the .nds file on an available DS or DS Lite. Follow the instructions then you're all set.

If your 3DS doesn't want to boot the card, try replacing the "_ds_menu.dat" in the root of your SD card with this one:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=961736620&uk=1795683192

Or you can download the entire kernel here:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=1204718603&uk=1795683192

Mine worked without replacing the kernel files, and this was a BRICKED card. It finally worked after the firmware update :)

Below is the link to the original R4iSDHC Chinese forum regarding the update (just use google translate for all you non-chinese speaking dudes)
http://www.r4isdhcbbc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18479&extra=page=1&page=1

With bricked, do you mean that it wasn't detected by the 3DS ('no card inserted')? Because that's my problem...

D

Deleted User

An update is on its way!

[Rumor]Their website was issued with some sort of order to remove links to the Firmware and had a lot of flamers on the English forums so they shut them down.

Official update still not out...

D

Deleted User

Please, can someone tell me how to unbrick my bricked R4 Dual Core with this Chinese upgrade? I tried the card swapping method (upgrade file on Acekard, then swap card when the .nds file is loaded), but when updating, it freezes on 'Erasing device'! Please help!

Wailer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please, can someone tell me how to unbrick my bricked R4 Dual Core with this Chinese upgrade? I tried the card swapping method (upgrade file on Acekard, then swap card when the .nds file is loaded), but when updating, it freezes on 'Erasing device'! Please help!

With bricked you mean that it was not working before, did the ds gave a "no card inserted" message?
Did you by any chance try this on a ds lite?

D

Deleted User

With bricked you mean that it was not working before, did the ds gave a "no card inserted" message?
Did you by any chance try this on a ds lite?

Yes, that's what I mean. My card won't show up anymore, so I can't do upgrades or anything. Also tried it on a DS Lite, also 'no card inserted' :( I use the Chinese update file for 6.0.0, mentioned here, the upgrader is called 'R4i Flash Writer'. Is there anything I can do about this? As said before, I already tried card-swapping, but the upgrade program doesn't have an option that allows that (see this thread I posted: http://gbatemp.net/threads/bricked-r4-dual-core-2013.350449/#post-4694225). Maybe another firmware upgrader will do the job?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Be careful when going to Wordpress sites, since plugins can easily be exploited with malware.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Be careful going outside you might get cancer
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Be careful touching, you might get STDs.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Already got a few aids they help me
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My phone is pretty secure the Chinese spies tell me it's really locked down and I probably should eat more fiber lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This sponsor is brought to you buy surfshark
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 Always touching 🍆
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, got excited when he heard about touch screen
    +2
    :unsure: What to have for lunch [12:57 pm] [tap, tap, tap.. 💡] brb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grindr date?
    +1
    Fish sticks
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Date sticks
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @SylverReZ I didn't say I watched either, did I?
    I didn't actively watch them, rather, I had the misfortune of witnessing that shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Wut? I don't understand.
    +1
  • LeoTCK tempBOT:
    LeoTCK has joined the room.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least maybe give context, the conversations going quicker.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Here we go
    +2
    Made chili cheese dogs with all the trimmings :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ah shit, here we go again. I ain't represented Grove Street in five years, but the Ballas won't give a shit.
    I am having fish sticks for dinner lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting ancientboi excited psi
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop getting ancientboi excited psi