Hacking R4I sdhc 1.4.3 update, yaaay

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I got the same problem (verifying fail...), and the link does not work so I can`t try that route.

Please help! my case seems unique
I got a R4i SDHC1.4.1
my DSi is now 1.4.3
I got an extra DS Lite
I did download the Kernel V1.46b and put it on my micro SD and ran it on my DS Lite, but when I try to upgrade it by the instructions posted above, when I reaches the first 100% of verifying, I get the next error ¨Verifying fail, please change or re format the SD card.
the thing is, I already re formated the card like 30 times and redownloaded the files from the official http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp many times too, it just keeps failing at verifying, I tried with 3 different micro sd cards, same results
is there an easier way to upgrade it? like with a .nds file like before?
Sorry forgot to add the quote, I got the same problem, any help please!!!!

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
If upgrade to 1.4.3 is unavailable due error "Verifying fail, please change or re format the SD card." try kernel version 142b
It's the first kernel with upgrade option and works with almost all cards.

http://filetrip.net/f25763-R4i-SDHC-V1-4-2-kernel-(English)-1-42b.html
If upgrade is still unavailable, just try another firmware from 142b to 146b.

I'm still waiting for NDS file to upgrade or unbrick r4i-sdhc cards.

MewtwoEx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If upgrade to 1.4.3 is unavailable due error "Verifying fail, please change or re format the SD card." try kernel version 142b

http://filetrip.net/...ish)-1-42b.html

Try the page I posted above, it has versions for all regions, it worked for me , no problems

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland

Try the page I posted above, it has versions for all regions, it worked for me , no problems

You've missed the point.
If with the 146B firmware, upgrade to 1.4.3 is unavailable due error "Verifying fail, please change or re format the SD card." should try 142B firmware.
If no errors with 146b than great.

MewtwoEx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

You've missed the point.
If with the 146B firmware, upgrade to 1.4.3 is unavailable due error "Verifying fail, please change or re format the SD card." should try 142B firmware.

Exactly! that was the same error I was getting with 146b from the official website, so I just downloaded 146b from that other page i posted and it worked, you may want to try it, just saying

jen1206

Trophies
XP
Country
hi i have an r4i sdhc upgrade 1.4.1 i need to use it on a dsi with updated software of 1.4.3, i have tried upgradin the card on a ds lite but it says " verifying fail! Please change or re-format the SD card, could some1 plz tell me what i should do?? plz tell me in plain english step by step lol

also do all the flashcards do this or is there simpler ones that dnt need upgrading??

jen1206

Trophies
XP
Country
btw i have updated the card to v. 1.46 and didnt work have now updated to v1.47 and i still cant upgrade, plz help!

jen1206

Trophies
XP
Country
scrap that re-read thru the posts and put the 1.42b on and it allowed me to upgrade it just need to test it :D

all done and it works :D

soupy76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
still cant really understand this upgrade malarky - i have r4i 1.4.1 cards and would like to play them on a dsi ver 1.4.3 -
1. put the latest kernel on my dsi 1.4.1 ---- yes?
2.?
3.?

do i also use a ds / ds lite to upgrade my card after i put latest kernel o?

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
still cant really understand this upgrade malarky - i have r4i 1.4.1 cards and would like to play them on a dsi ver 1.4.3 -
1. put the latest kernel on my dsi 1.4.1 ---- yes?
2.?
3.?

do i also use a ds / ds lite to upgrade my card after i put latest kernel o?
Unfortunatly since your DSi is already at 1.4.3 you need to upgrade your R4i card on a different console (a DS Lite or a DSi that is NOT on 1.4.3)
1. You first have to get your R4i card upgraded
2. Then put the latest kernal (V1.47b) onto your microSD card.
3. Then enjoy your DSi

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland

You've missed the point.

Exactly! that was the same error I was getting with 146b from the official website, so I just downloaded 146b from that other page i posted and it worked, you may want to try it, just saying
Interesting. I can't check it since my card is updated, but it's a tip for other users.

spark916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok , im having a problem updating !!! I reformat the sdcard , I did a full format and used 2 others ds's, i keep getting this error and i have tried to sd cards !! Can anyone help me ?

img20111111173739.jpg

AND I KNOW IT IS ABLE TO UPDATE!!
img20111111173811.jpg

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok , im having a problem updating !!! I reformat the sdcard , I did a full format and used 2 others ds's, i keep getting this error and i have tried to sd cards !! Can anyone help me ?

img20111111173739.jpg

AND I KNOW IT IS ABLE TO UPDATE!!
img20111111173811.jpg

Did you format with panasonic sd formatter?

tomysasxp

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, please help me.
i have nintendo ds lite xl,version 1.4.3 and i bouht R4i sdhc 3D card.i tried all kernel and saw the same on it.
"Please upgrade the hardware for support latest firmware" over the top of it. :blink:

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
@spark916 check http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__3950897

hi, please help me.
i have nintendo ds lite xl,version 1.4.3 and i bouht R4i sdhc 3D card.i tried all kernel and saw the same on it.
"Please upgrade the hardware for support latest firmware" over the top of it. :blink:
I've got the same problem with r4i-sdhc non-3ds verison. You can't do anything unless flashing with external nds file will be avalable. I think it is coused by some glitch during production process. Email to shop where you bought it. Make some pics for them.
Edit: And it's not the console problem but flashcard issue. DSi sees r4i but DSL doesn't.

tomysasxp

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, please help me.
I've got the same problem with r4i-sdhc non-3ds verison. You can't do anything unless flashing with external nds file will be avalable. I think it is coused by some glitch during production process. Email to shop where you bought it. Make some pics for them.
Edit: And it's not the console problem but flashcard issue. DSi sees r4i but DSL doesn't.
thanks fore the answer,my son cant play,it was old nitendo version,but i uptaded it and now i gor result, version 1.4.3 blocked ez flash card and R4 gold card, i bought R4i sdhc 3ds and it doesnt work too.angry :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: