Hacking R4I sdhc 1.4.3 update, yaaay

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
any chance you could download then upload the .nds file for here?

en01.jpg
en02.jpg

en03.jpg
en_x.jpg

tiggerlator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no need to, copy the 1.42b files onto your card and follow the above instructions, mine is doing the upgrade to support 1.4.3 now. The new game icon for the card has changed from spongebob to miami nights 3d.

There is a file in the R4iMenu folder called flash.r4i that could be the actual 1.4.3 upgrade for the card but i am not sure.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
tiggerlator said:
There is no need to, copy the 1.42b files onto your card and follow the above instructions, mine is doing the upgrade to support 1.4.3 now.

ok, hopefully the upgrade nds file is left after update

if you could post it i might be able to fix a bricked card of mine

tiggerlator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I cant see no upgrade nds file left over. Mine did the upgrade sucessfully though i have yet to upgrade my ndsi to 1.4.3 as i need to sort the wifi out. Hopefully you can sort out your bricked card. Incidently the 1.38 and 1.41 have no flash.r4i file in the R4iMenu folder, so that must be the firmware file.

melihkoray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i want to ask something.

i have a r4 card.

it has a big R4 logo on it, a " i " on right top of R4 logo.. V.1.4.1 in green star.. Revolution for DS .. it says r4i-gold.hk.. thats the card..

i had updated my nintendo dsi and wasnt able to play any games after that update. (1.4.3)

i read that 1.4.3 update is ok, i download the latest kernel to my r4 card, but nintendo still doesnt recognize the card.. what do i have to do?

thanks a lot

tiggerlator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless your card looks like this one, which is the one i have, i dont know what you can do. I dont think the 1.42b update for this card which adds support for the 1.4.3e firmware will work on your card. You could always try it though.

Untitled.jpg

tiggerlator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try it melihkoray, copy the 1.41b firmware onto your card and if it boots, go into config/upgrade as in the pics above. you do not need wifi for the 1.4.3 supporting upgrade, it is in the 1.42b firmware package. it will either work or not.

Also i dont think not haveing upgrade on the card has anything to do with it being upgradeable or not.

Carie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i got a r4i 1.41 card and my dsi is at version 1.4.3 and i downloaded the latest version on their website and i still get an error when i try to start it, and no new icon just the old "alex rider" icon, cant get into the firmware, i dunno if i have to format the memory card or something?

tiggerlator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi you will have to borrow a ds lite and put your card in it, then follow the above instructions. your card will not work on 1.4.3 until you have done this. the card will not start on 1.4.3 until it has been upgraded to support it. Make sure you replace all the files on the card with the new 1.42b files from the link i posted, these contain the necessary file to upgrade your card to support 1.4.3. Hope this helps

melihkoray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tiggerlator, thanks for your great advice. But ıf you dont mind, i want to ask something to make things clear..

I had Firmware 1.4.2 (i think) on my nintendo dsi... and my card was working on that version..

if i hadn't update my dsi firmware, this card would boot with it, then when its open, i would update the card from cards software and update the card; then update the firmware...

But; i updated the firmware to 1.4.3 and this card is now "useless" for my nintendo dsi.. right???

is it like burning a dvd on pc and trying to run it on ps3 ???

i mean yes i updated to 1.4.3 , now the card is useless...

but when i download the newest files and put them into that card from pc... why doesnt it work? whats the main point there?

do i think right? can you please tell me a little more if you have info about that?

then ill try to find a ds lite and solve this.. thanks a lot by the way.. great help

melihkoray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean,

theres a "main boot area" in r4card.. which is prepared for 1.4.2 or less... 1.4.3 doesnt recognize this boot area.. its like cards memory..

and other part is the memory card on the r4.. it just have files on it.. But r4 doesnt first boot from these files.. it boots from its memory... and now this memory is not recognized by 1.4.3 nds..? so , i have to borrow a dsi, update that "main boot area" of r4card then it will be 1.4.3 ready, and ill use it with my dsi.. is this correct?

tiggerlator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you are correct, you need to borrow a dsi thats on 1.4.2 or 1.4.1

The problem is, the 1.42b firmware files need to update the card to support 1.4.3e, since you updated your dsi to 1.4.3e the card no longer supports it, so the 1.42b firmware cannot run the necessary files to update the card to support 1.4.3e. You understand
smile.gif
just find someone who has a dslite or dsi 1.4.1/1.4.2 to use, or even do it in a shop if you can.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
is there a pause point on the update where you could change the cart in the slot?

as my bricked card wont boot but if i can change the card i can write the new update to it

just wondering if there is like a moment where it says "press A" like the last one?

looks like should be able to swap before i press the start button
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1tb SD card for whatever reason
    +1
    USB adapter and use as a Wii hard drive? Lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: USB adapter and use as a Wii hard drive? Lol