R4i SD-HC working on ds but not 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AdmiralWafflez, Apr 7, 2016.

1. AdmiralWafflez
    OP

AdmiralWafflez Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    United States
    So, i put the correct files on the R4i card then i put the card in my ds just to make sure its updated, it just showed what consoles it supported, so i went to settings to see if i had to enable it and it was off, so when i clicked it, it said, "To enable upgrade feature again, please restore "R4iMenu/flash.r4i" file", iv tried to reinstall the firmware and the file was in there, but when i went to upgrade, it said the same thing, so i went to see if it was there and it was gone, any help? Thanks in advance.

2. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    I saw the pic you posted in the other thread of the cartridge....
    The highest 3DS version that cartridge supports is "4.4.0-10"
    and highest DSI version of 1.44

So, you'll need a flashcart unblocker installed to use it, IDK if it'll work with just the whitelist downgraded or not.

Or, maybe there's a modified kernel you can use... IDK

3. AdmiralWafflez
    OP

AdmiralWafflez Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    United States
    But, does it work on New 3DS? if not then i would have to buy a new one that supports it, or buy a dsi with firmware 1.44 or lower

4. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    No, it wont work on a N3DS without being unblocked, either with the downgraded whitelist or one of @Apache Thunder launcher things..

5. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada