Hacking R4i Gold CHEAT problems

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a R4i Gold which is the one from www.r4ids.com, and have the kernael 1.31... at least I think I do it says v1.30 on the Ds screen.
It does'nt seem to matter if I use the original or new CHEAT dat file I still don't find the cheats for over half my roms. I have been looking through the forums not just here but other places and there does not seem to be any clear solution to fix this. Other than buy a new ( insert name here) which is not a solution to me.
Is there any way to get cheats to to work. Ive tried renaming the file as well as other files and even deleting all none needed games out of the CHEAT file but it didn't work. If there is no way to fix this is there anther R4 kernel that will work on the r4i gold ... other than ysmenu.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
no problem...
i am not sure whether ysmenu works on r4i gold
but
managing your own database is always the best
tongue.gif

the latest database is under the TEMP folder of cheats.gbatemp.net

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Eye twitching* Nuts.. didn't work trying to create my own CHEAT.dat file the original CHEAT.dat file hardly works as well. With the original R4 I had no trouble with this kinda stuff but the R4i Gold just wants to do its own thing it seems lol.

Any other idea's Ive been working on this for almost three days at most all I have done is updated my kernel.

Omg.. just found something out that confuses me, the few games that do have cheats on my r4i gold work with out a cheat. dat... the file never did any thing to begin with for the r4i gold ive removed it from the system folder and im still getting cheats for mario kart? Granted this might be a key to the solution but still now sure what to do.

If it helps there is a read me file that says "Please rename R4 CHEAT FILE "usrcheat.dat" to "cheat.dat", and put in Folder "_SYSTEM_"!
Or you also can use *.cht, rename it as same as *.nds, and put it in the same folder. just like aaa.nds and aaa.cht. " Ive tryed the first part of this and it didn't seem to work no clue what its talking about with the second part.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
since i don't have a r4i gold so i can't take a look for you by identifying whats wrong

basically a normal r4 supports usrcheat.dat and cheat.dat

the difference between them is cheat.dat is encrypted
you can't rename it and hope they have the same characteristics
because on r4cce there is a function for you to encrypt your database

---

well one reason that the cheats are finally showing up
it could be due to the r4 bug that limits the number of cheats to show up on your r4
this is why i always recommend people to maintain their database
is not that difficult ... all you need to do is just copy and paste from A to B

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had already tried that and had it down to around 1,000 kb and than when that didn't work even fewer games. Ive tried so many things and so far having both a usrcheat and cheat with the same codes for only those roms on the card is getting it to work. That's the only way Ive got them to finaly show up. Im still playing with and and trying to figure out just what the heck is going on with this thing.
Its been really odd from the start Im wondering if the R4i gold kernel has Ds light conflicts or something?

Okay I was wrong nothing I have been doing has had any sort of effect, urscheat and cheat do nothing it does not matter if I edit them or remove them or delete massive amounts of games and re id the roms to mine.
I don't understand why even with out them they are still finding a few cheats for some roms, and at this point Im wondering if the R4i gold can actualy use cheats with all ive tried to get it to work.

Prime_Zero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short to sum up no I never fixed the problem and im honestly wondering if the r4i gold can use cheat codes none of the normal solutions work or do a thing. x_x

garski

Trophies
XP
Country
I do also have r4i gold. mine doesnt work also. unless you define .cht in each roms which consumes much time if you have many games in your card.

If someone out there who can make this work. please help us.

I tried to have at least 2mb of cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat but still doesnt work.

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
I found that when I had mine, if you get the TTDS cheat files it creates when you put codes on into the R4 game/root folder it works. Don't know if it will help or not.

garski

Trophies
XP
Country
you mean you put the cheats.dat or usrcheats.dat from cheats.gbatempt.net and put it in the root folder? I know you need to put it in the _system folder. where can we find the ttds cheat file?

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't usrcheat.dat, when you enable codes on dstt, there is a cheat file generated with the codes in, put that cheat file in the root of the SD card and it should work. It did for me when I accidently left some on when I broke my dstt, then broke the sd XD but I tried with a new SD card and it worked.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iv been tryin to get the 300cc mario kart to work all the time with no luck it just seems to work when it wants to lol but make sure ur using the right game id for the game u want cheats for u can edit the game id and all the cheats in r4cce.. all my cheats are working on my r4i gold with 1.18 kernel i think it is just the 300cc cheat wont work on wifi but alot of over people seem to take over me quiet fast on wifi so they must have 300cc

Damian666

Coder from Hell
Trophies
Website
damian666.16mb.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
nope, sadly enough they have a own custom firmware, well, a rippped one i guess xD

i have the same card, and it sucks...

be smart, and get a acekard, or maybe wait for that new card, what its called? i cant remember, but it will have gba emulation.

Damian666

kurosakichigo

Trophies
XP
Country
In order to make cheats work on an r4i gold you must add them in .cht format because the r4i gold's firmware is not compatible with usrcheat.dat and cheat.dat.
Here is a video guid to making a .cht file for any game:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuuqaGNP6ZY
Once you add the .cht file to your memory card, all should work fine.(Just so you know, making a .cht file is a very time consuming process, especially when you have a lot of games.)

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@abalondon
That is not an R4i Gold, and solves no problems in this topic, which pretty much makes your response constitute spam. And this thread was old and already pretty much solved so it's doubly annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo