Pokeformers10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have just bought an R4i GOLD 3DS RTS Plus, but when I put the kernel on the SD card and try to boot it, the screen goes white, then black. I can press home to exit, but that's all. The same issue happened with me earlier with another R4 card, so I am thinking it's the SD card itself. I used regular formatting, Panasonic formatter, and some other formatters, and nothing worked. What can I do to fix my micro SD? I really don't want to have to buy another unless there's absolutely no other choice. I used the wood 1.64 kernel

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have just bought an R4i GOLD 3DS RTS Plus, but when I put the kernel on the SD card and try to boot it, the screen goes white, then black. I can press home to exit, but that's all. The same issue happened with me earlier with another R4 card, so I am thinking it's the SD card itself. I used regular formatting, Panasonic formatter, and some other formatters, and nothing worked. What can I do to fix my micro SD? I really don't want to have to buy another unless there's absolutely no other choice. I used the wood 1.64 kernel
R4ids.cn on the label?

Pokeformers10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. After multiple tries, the card seems to load up very rarely. But when I take the sd card out again to load more games, I have to keep formatting and adding back the files on the card again and again to get it to work. Specifically, would this be the SD card issue or would it be the SD card reader on the actual R4?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. After multiple tries, the card seems to load up very rarely. But when I take the sd card out again to load more games, I have to keep formatting and adding back the files on the card again and again to get it to work. Specifically, would this be the SD card issue or would it be the SD card reader on the actual R4?
Tried different mSD cards?

Pokeformers10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We have to eliminate If it's the mSD card or not only way is trying a different mSD card
I bought another 32GB SD card and it seems to be working fine now. I think the micro SD adapter might have destroyed the SD . The corrupted micro SD still works for regular use, so it's not a waste, I guess.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We have to eliminate If it's the mSD card or not only way is trying a different mSD card
Thanks for all your help and your patience with me!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)