Hacking R4i GOLD 3DS Revolution Question

M3z_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated my dsi to 1.4.4 stupidly with my acekard 2i having not been updated beforehand and I have no ndsl or phat, so I am looking to buy a new flashcart. I am looking at this one http://www.nds-card....w.asp?ProID=149 because it seems to get good reviews and states that it will work with 1.4.4. My question is does that just mean it will work with 1.4.4 because a patch exists that I would have to install using a ndsl or pre 1.4.4 dsi or does it mean it will be recognized by my current dsi that is already 1.4.4 straight out of the box?

I want to be able to use a flashcart again but I do not have a different ds to use for patching. So I don't want to buy a new flashcart and just end up in the same situation I am now with my acekard 2i.

Thank you

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Whether it'll be already updated to work on 1.4.4 is unknown, but it's likely already done. If you scroll down a little bit, you can see comments, one of them reading:
My DSi is already 1.4.4 will this work on my DSi or do I need to update the card on a pre 1.4.4 DS first?
Reply:No need.
Its firmware is updated to support DSi V1.4.4.
The latest R4I GOLD 3DS cards have been updated to latest firmware to support it automatically.
If you want to assure that it'll be updated, you can kindly ask your vendor (via email) to update it before sending it to you.

Or, if you don't want to worry about updating at all, you can pay roughly 2.5x for a SuperCard DSTwo. To update the cart to work on the latest dsi firmware, you can simply replace the files in the micro sd card to the latest ones. In other words, you won't need a lite/phat or compatible dsi/3ds to update. Note that this feature only works for dsi firmwares, not for 3ds firmwares.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
M3z_ , just make sure that you get the right r4i gold 3ds(www.r4ids.cn). All r4i gold 3ds have been pre-flashed to support the latest system firmware.(3DS 4.3.0-10 & NDSi V1.44)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: