Hacking R4i Deluxe Edition firmware 4.0B2 released !

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest you take advantage of the "Ignore" button for idiots around here, there are a lot of them... It saves you from starting huge never-ending flame wars because the person you're fighting against has the dumbest mindset on the planet (Speaking from my own experiences :rofl2:).

Also forgot how slow the "Fat" filesystems seems to be, even on my fastest Mini SD. :unsure:

Good idea man.

Which fat are you using ? fat32 or exfat?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
The update has been out since late march and there hasnt been one case of a brick on 2.1-2.2, while the code still exists on it, its been changed in such a way where an official gateway cart cannot trigger it, I would be more worried about the clones then gateway at this point
he also probably wants one because he doesnt feel like waiting 4 months for an update (an incomplete update at that) that the other cart had already and the feature set

That would be the case if they had just copied the full launcher. Which isn't the case as it weights half of the amount.

What benefits huntereb?

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did Huntereb just call me an idiot for warning about brick code? :rofl2: you're welcome! The only idiotic thing I could think of that I've done was buy an r4i card before realizing it was a clone. Anyway go ahead and upgrade.. you're all 110% sure there is no brick code and i'm not going to stop you, so enjoy. I'm gonna go play some mario kart 7 online now.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Oh no hunterb is back to his old self, wondering how long before he breaks out his catchphrases, funny I'm sure he was pretending to have a gateway card just a while back :rofl2: anyways anyone with a brain wouldn't be jumping on this without getting some confirmation it's safe, or waiting a while for the idiots to test it out, I genuinely hope none of these guys do get bricked as the $20 price difference is obviously a lot to them so I would hate for them to end up with a useless 3ds, I'm not sure they would live with the loss

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If you trim them tho there's no game larger than 4gigs tho XD

gamesquest1 idiots like the mass of people that tried GATEWAY OMEGAA !!!!! ?
I said the same to them as well, I'm not being biased but any time there is a new FW. Out unless you have the equipment to fix it or are happy to take a hit for the team you should really wait before jumping on board

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I said the same to them as well, I'm not being biased but any time there is a new FW. Out unless you have the equipment to fix it or are happy to take a hit for the team you should really wait before jumping on board

Like I have said countless times before :

1. There's absolute no way they want to step twice into the trap knowing that if they do it will be the complete demise of their card this time for real. They also have the knowledge that there is a brick code and gateway plays dirty ( they too) , why the heck they wouldn't do a workaround?

2. This file is barely heavier than the 4.0b1 which was a mt card clone. This makes me think that they added the multirom on top of the safe mt card clone. there's again absolutely no way they just got the omega gateway and disabled all of the shit it had , copying only the multirom would be way easier.

3.This is my safeguard charm I haven't explained yet. The brick happens on booting only right ? well , I never turn off my 3ds off. Unless they have made the brick code do something else ( and I doubt it because this bricking method was something they created by accident it seems) , I'm never going to get a brick because I'm never turning off my 3ds. Simple as that. Today I updated by exiting exploit mode by going into the settings , removed the sd cards , put the launcher and then enter into exploit mode again.

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

From what I've read from Huntereb he must be about 14 year old so lets not confuse his simple mind. Lets just allow him to think he has the best there is and figure out the sd formatting we learned months ago. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Hahaha oh man hilarious :lol:. Never turning off the 3DS hahahahah. Pure gold. The hoops some people are willing to jump into..

This isn't for this firmware only ... I started this due to firmware 3.0 freezing a lot upon entering exploit mode, and tbh i'm perfectly fine with it. The 3ds eats almost 0 battery on sleep mode plus I can pick up and play faster than if I turn off and have to repeat the whole exploit process again.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds eats almost 0 battery on sleep mode...

That's a good joke.

redkeyboard .3dz files don't show up on the ROM changer on the 3DS menu, so I'm not sure if online is even supported yet. I'll try patching the ROM header and giving it a go, but right now it just says "You cannot use online services with this game card".

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a good joke.

redkeyboard .3dz files don't show up on the ROM changer on the 3DS menu, so I'm not sure if online is even supported yet. I'll try patching the ROM header and giving it a go, but right now it just says "You cannot use online services with this game card".

Hmm, so it doesn't need need to be a .3dz file to work. I guess if it's a rom with a valid header it will work or they just lied about online play, we'll see I guess.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
That's a good joke.

Joke ? Xd There have been days where I unplugged it at the morning and didn't play until the night only half an hour , before pluggin it again at night and not even 1 bar of battery was spent down

Talking of regular 3ds ofc , don't know the battery of an XL

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm surprised they were able to add all these stuff, but now things will get more complicated,
almost everything they didn't include was related to updating the FPGA, and their doesn't have an upadateable one.
Now, if they want to keep copying the Gateway features, they will need a lot of hard work,
since it now would be needed to make these features trought software only.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm surprised they were able to add all these stuff, but now things will get more complicated,
almost everything they didn't include was related to updating the FPGA, and their doesn't have an upadateable one.
Now, if they want to keep copying the Gateway features, they will need a lot of hard work,
since it now would be needed to make these features trought software only.

Only the nand saving is fpga needed , the new keys prolly won't need the fpga either

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries