Hacking R4i Deluxe Edition firmware 4.0B2 released !

_Tim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would like for someone to verify olfa's findings. Please download the latest version of my program from here. First use the "scan" command to find a game with a fragmentation count of 1. Example: "gw3ds.exe scan x:". Try to load/play that game. If it worked, use the "frag" command to fragment the file into 2 fragments. Example: "gw3ds.exe frag -frag 2 x:\game.3ds". Try to load/play the game. If it does not work, it means that the Gateway clones don't tolerate ANY fragmentation. I tested the fragmentation on a Gateway card and the limit is 32 fragments.

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so today i updated my 3ds link!but i cant play nsmb2!every other game works great but after i start the game 3ds logo comes and takes more time than usual and a black screen comes that says "an error has accurred..." and sometimes in multirom menu it says cluster error(nsmb2 used to work on last version)
any help?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so today i updated my 3ds link!but i cant play nsmb2!every other game works great but after i start the game 3ds logo comes and takes more time than usual and a black screen comes that says "an error has accurred..." and sometimes in multirom menu it says cluster error(nsmb2 used to work on last version)
any help?
I would like for someone to verify olfa's findings. Please download the latest version of my program from here. First use the "scan" command to find a game with a fragmentation count of 1. Example: "gw3ds.exe scan x:". Try to load/play that game. If it worked, use the "frag" command to fragment the file into 2 fragments. Example: "gw3ds.exe frag -frag 2 x:\game.3ds". Try to load/play the game. If it does not work, it means that the Gateway clones don't tolerate ANY fragmentation. I tested the fragmentation on a Gateway card and the limit is 32 fragments.

try that program there, sounds like they just changed the "fragmentation error" text into "cluster error"....yay for text string editing.....if you see a word you just HAVE to change it no matter what

fatkinglet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does Animal Crossing New Leaf work now? I am not able to load the games and is there a list that shows what games are still not supported?

thanks

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
DANGER
STAY AWAY FROM
R4i Deluxe Edition firmware 4.0B2

It can brick your device!
(just got it bricked)

Can you check if it's a gateway brick or some problem that happened to your console? . first thing to check would be the errcode as it's always the same on the gateway bricks. Then if its the same check if you can if you have access to the nand or not

D

Deleted User

I told you it would happen! I had my suspicions and here the brick wave cometh !

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Panic over nothing. That's the errcode, some people get if they connect a card reader to the NAND, which means it's a electrical problem.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
lets just wait for confirmation either way....could also be that he just copy and pasted the details from else where to not have to type it all up and assumed it was the same..........but if that is indeed the error code he is getting it does seem like it might be a short or something

EDIT: ok.....now looking into olfa it seems they have a hardware modded 3ds.....it could be possible one of their wires has come loose and is shorting out resulting in the bsod.....it also appears they have:rofl2: a raspberry pi too, so we will find out soon enough i would imagine......might be a bit embarrassing for them to come and admit it though :P.....but theres no reason to be you where only looking to warn people if this was the case :D

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
More than possible. I hardly believe they made their brick code random just because instead of bricking tons of consoles at once .... they will brick like what , 1 , 2 consoles? then everyone will remove it.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Panic over nothing. That's the errcode, some people get if they connect a card reader to the NAND, which means it's a electrical problem.

oh really? last time a random (poor) soul, claimed this once unknown blue screen of death was because of poor NAND soldering he did, and his 3DS wasn't even modified in 1st place. Which caused the unbricking research to happen and .. well you know the rest.

Also olfa helped with a few tests while the bricking occured. I'd stay away from R4i 3ds carts or faulty bricking code

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
oh really? last time a random (poor) soul, claimed this once unknown blue screen of death was because of poor NAND soldering he did, and his 3DS wasn't even modified in 1st place. Which caused the unbricking research to happen and .. well you know the rest.

Also olfa helped with a few tests while the bricking occured. I'd stay away from R4i 3ds carts or faulty bricking code

Still the error code is not the same that happened with gateway bricks or emmc locking , so it's more than obvious that it's not a brick code fault. Still if he has the hardware mod why not easily check if it isn't really the brick code? the emmc should be locked if that was the case.

Stop telling people to stay away from r4/3dslink cards , not gonna happen. Even if there was brick code , the brick is right now "Easily" fixable ( at least doesn't even need a nand dump)

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Still the error code is not the same that happened with gateway bricks or emmc locking , so it's more than obvious that it's not a brick code fault. Still if he has the hardware mod why not easily check if it isn't really the brick code? the emmc should be locked if that was the case.

Stop telling people to stay away from r4/3dslink cards , not gonna happen. Even if there was brick code , the brick is right now "Easily" fixable ( at least doesn't even need a nand dump)

No. R4i carts were the first ones to begin bricking consoles, then gateway did. Also if you don't have anything else to add besides "3ds can be fixed so who cares", refrain from commenting, there is people who can't afford a device to unbrick, or don't have the knowledge to do it.

Also, we discovered the issue because no one wanted to blame the cart vendors. I'll re post everywhere where it's neccesary to stop using devices that may cause your 3ds to die

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1