1. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I just want to follow up on what Coto said (he is damn right) that Gateway may also have used different brick code than before to fool R4. Nobody knows, and we can only speculate, but I think it would not be such a far fetched idea.

So it remains to be seen if it can be "fixed" or not at all if we are dealing with new brick code :!:

2. Vengenceonu

OP Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

United States
    Let's just wait until further info from olfa. In a message he sent me earlier, I asked him what he was doing at the time of the blue screen and told him to take pictures.

3. masterzero
    This message by masterzero has been removed from public view by Cyan, Aug 3, 2014, Reason: clone war.
    Aug 3, 2014
  4. Deleted User
    This message by Deleted User has been removed from public view by Cyan, Aug 3, 2014, Reason: clone war.
    Aug 3, 2014
  5. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

whatever , not arguing anything until they confirm that it's or isn't a brick code brick , error code stil saying otherwise tho

6. Coto

Coto -

Chile
    you're speaking bullshit, can't keep up the convo with this byte (above) anymore.

But be aware people. It's been allegedly said by few other people (besides me) who can reverse engineer code and have seen different triggers that cause eMMC (SD mode) to write protect and password enable (with a key), the controller.

7. masterzero

What has been said ? afaik no one came to this thread to confirm or deny that they removed the brick code on this version

8. dartuil

dartuil Member
    Newcomer

France
    So if gateway brick too we should use mt-card?

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Gateway OMEGA (2.0, 2.1, 2.2) is perfectly safe. Not a single brick has been reported and these firmwares have been out for a LONG time (unlike R4 4.0b2).

10. dartuil

dartuil Member
    Newcomer

France
    Ill buy a gateway next month.
    Ill buy a raspberry too just in case...version b or b+for the Raspberry?

11. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac
    Blacklisted Trader

United States
    Get the b+, as the price difference is negligible (around a $2-$5 price difference) and has better audio, more USB ports, uses less power, and a few other things.

12. dartuil

dartuil Member
    Newcomer

France
    I see only B in local stores. :(
    Is it ok to unbrick?
    No nand backup in 4.0b2?

13. olfa

olfa GBAtemp Regular

Bolivia
    don't have time to check deeper in to it today
    (not in the mood either, last time it was a pain in the a..... just to make
    the nand mod and make it work)
    but will ready my rasp pi for tomorrow
    seems that the error code is not the same as last time

it seems it's the same error code as when you plug nand mod to sd reader/writer
    (quite strange)

14. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac
    Blacklisted Trader

United States
    I have a Raspberry Pi model B and it works well. The B+ replaced the B in July 2014 (last month), and the unbricking process was created before then. IIRC even the model A will do the trick.

15. dartuil

dartuil Member
    Newcomer

France
    What firmware will do nand backup?

16. tranfeer

tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Vengenceonu, you'd better remove the warning in red before getting enough evidence.

olfa,you'd better check the nand soldering too.
    As you know, the errcode is just the same as the one got when dumping out the NandFlash.
    You can check it here and make a comparision with the errcode.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds.353263/

Besides, you'd better contact peck ,as he got completely the same errcode as you when trying dumping out the nand.
    You can check it here:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds.353263/page-4

The errcode got by olfa is:
    olfa said:
    yes​
    BOOTROM 8046​
    ERRORCODE 00F800FE​
    00000000 00000000​
    00000400 00000000​

satan89 likes this.
  17. masterzero

Not strange , there are bricks outside the ones caused by the brick code, and those ones have different error codes , you know?

18. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    bootrom error code already happened on consoles before flashcarts even existed.
    Nintendo replaced such consoles (instead of fixing the NAND contacts?). they even have this error code on their official FAQ page.

as olfa already soldered his 3DS, maybe something got desoldered or came loose?
    we are waiting for your investigation to give proper warning to users if needed.

satan89 and masterzero like this.
  19. masterzero

:) , thankfully there are still people with common sense and not screaming BRICKZ WAVE DONT USEEEEEEEEEE

20. pezed

pezed Member
    Newcomer

France
    I use my r4 everyday since the lastest realease no problem for me ...

21. bkifft

bkifft avowed Cuthwaldian

Gambia, The
    Even though it should work on the B+ just fine (haven't tested it though), hooking up the 3DS to the microSD slot would be quite fiddly work (clock point times four). Unless you get one of those microSD "extension cords" (if they even exist for microSD).

22. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Tbh the warning was indeed just a warning that said "apparently" and said "awaiting confirmation", I don't see the harm in at least warning people when a potential issue arises, what would be best waiting for loads of people to get bricked before warning people as your not "sure" yet, even with the gateway bricks people who did get bricked where being called liars and clone users and all that Bs just because people weren't "sure" yet, it wasn't until I recorded it happening that the "maybe it was something else, consoles got the bsod before gateway existed" finally ended,

But in this case It looks like this is most likely due to a loose wire on his nand mod, but don't whinge because people alert people to keep them safe.......nobody else gained anything the warning was solely to possibly help avoid another brick wave if it would of turned out it was a brick code brick

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - firmware, released, Edition