r4i deluxe 4.0b2

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by andre104623, Oct 9, 2014.

1. andre104623
    OP

andre104623 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hello everyone I been gone for almost a year after my 3ds xl got bricked from r4i deluxe 3.1 firmware. I never got it fixed I tried but I fucked it up even more. So yesterday I found a pink 3ds with 4.4 fw so I dusted off my r4i deluxe and it seems to be working fine muitrom and all. Now how do I backup the nand? I want a backup just in case. I'm going to buy a gateway this weekend so I won't have to worry about bricks

2. kathyshumaker
    This message by kathyshumaker has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Oct 10, 2014, Reason: flashcart advert.
    Oct 9, 2014
  3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    just install the exploit with the R4 DS card, but copy the gateway launcher.dat to the SD card, then use the nand dump feature from the gateway FW

also what happened to your other 3DS, theycan now be fixed without a nand dump, as long as you didn't mess up the solder pads trying to do it yourself, it might be worth messaging hundshamer , he would be able to get it back up and working for you

4. Cid barba corta

Cid barba corta Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2014
    Argentina
    I had the same issue with a R4i last jannuary. After they updated to 4.0b2 i bought a new 3ds and i never had any new inconvenients with R4.
    You dont have to worry about the brick code since its not accesible anymore.
    I would buy a gateway although

5. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States

Unfortunately, that still means you'd be accessing bricking code. :glare: